Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Nice Bike For Sale

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:52 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: Nice Bike For Sale Reply with quote

Hi

Someone go and buy this quick, so I dont get tempted to grovel to the bank manager. If I bought it I would get about a weeks use before my better half got back from Malaysia and killed me

https://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/BIKES_popup.asp?make=Bimota&cc=&adcategory=BIKE&channel=BIKES&id=200223033633050

Nice 110hp, 500cc V twin 2 stroke

All the best

Keith
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:53 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: Re: Nice Bike For Sale Reply with quote

<salivates> Smile

I've allways quite liked the idea of the vdue and allways hoped they'd take off, wather than kinda killing bimota Sad

There was an article in Bike (I think) about some one that had bought an ex GP NS500 for £40,000 to hire for track days.... 150hp & 105kg!... reckon he was getting decent money for doing it as well.

Last edited by G on 21:58 - 01 Jul 2002; edited 1 time in total

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 21:58 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

buy it.
if i had that bike, i'd marry it and lots of little bimotas.

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd use it to go out on the pull with Laughing

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:36 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Well, have a look at:-

https://www.bimota-enthusiasts.com/

Seems the company is still for sale. For about £1m you get 143 V-Due, 72 SB8s and loads of spares, plus some prototype bikes.

Mmm, at £1m you get 215 bikes, which works out at under £5k a pice (plus VAT I suppose)

All the best

Keith
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might turn out to be a worthwhile investment. You wanna go halves on that then Keith? Laughing

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:41 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

OK, you pay half a million and I will match it Laughing

All the best

Keith

Stevo

PostPosted: 23:11 - 01 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Keith,
Hold fire on that gorgeous Vdue, as correct me if im wrong but if you did buy it then im presuming youd wanna ride it correct? I mean its good enough just to sit in your living room and look at every day, but for 10k id want something to ride. Theres the problem, although i have thought of a kind of answer. You could probably transplant an NSR500V motor into it, and spent a couple more quid, or failing that, then fit an old RS125 or Cagiva engine, as youd have a considerably better chance of it being reliable enough to get you down the road and back, Joking of Course!
No really its a shame that the Vdue never worked out for bimota, but such is life. Now what was the story with Yamaha, as i once heard that they were looking at bringing out a new TZR750. More fairy tales i imagine! Thing is that it now seems such a waste that Honda, Yam, Suzuki have spent years perfecting their V4 500's only to see the technology shelved now we're racing 4 stroke GP's. Surely Honda could use an adaption of its NSR motor in a new range of road bikes, or even dual purpose machines. They have all this clean burn stroker technology, so why waste it? Or am i the one doing the dreaming right now?
You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:00 - 02 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Clean burn 2 squeak technology they have, but it is a tiny market when they can spend the money of 4 stroke developement and share it with the car department.

The V Due should be OK, but was a bit visious to ride. Reliability wasnt great either, but apparently there are a few alternative sources for barrels and pistons (some 250cc motorcrosser) which fit easily and improve things all round.

The problem seems to be that Bimota used the impact of the fuel onto the piston to attomise the fuel. This only worked well at certain revs, resulting in a very mad power band.

Could cope with one, for a few miles though!

All the best

Keith

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 01:13 - 02 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

<checks bank balance>

damn.... oh well need to save up a bit Smile

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:45 - 02 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw 1 of em at a bike meet. they were unsuccessful but gorgeous!!!!

i like!!

Laughing Very Happy Razz

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 21:15 - 02 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh just buy it Keith - you know you want to...And Im sure Charlotte would be delighted to have a new barbeque.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 300 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1