Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2007 CBR125 in July!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

tomski_w
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:53 - 11 Apr 2007    Post subject: 2007 CBR125 in July! Reply with quote

Dunno if anyone's interested (Probably noob bikers) but.......

Thank you for contacting Honda.

The new CBR 125 will be available from July 2007 as for clothing that will be provided that is something you will need to speak to the dealership about.

We do not have any information about what deals the dealership will give you on accessories.

If you have any further questions or feedback please complete our feedback form @ www.honda.co.uk or call our Honda Contact Centre on 0845 200 8000.

Kind regards
James
Honda UK Contact Centre
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GeorgeCBR
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:30 - 11 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wicked, i do like the new cbr front end, lush, but still doesnt have any fairing mounted mirrors, and its not any bigger... but i heard its Fuel injection, so possibly more economical

Previous || Suzuki Bandit 600N - Honda CBR 125 - Gilera Runner 50

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:45 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgeCBR wrote:
but i heard its Fuel injection, so possibly more economical

Nope, it's well known that FI bikes use more fuel than carbed bikes. Wink

demoNSR
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:01 - 25 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still skinny though, with skinny wheels and tyres. Bring back the NSR as a 4 stroke i say.
The clocks look quite nice though. Would be better if they were lit up blue.
The new Varadero looks nice though, with an underseat can. Will keep your arse warm in winter Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 26 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, bring back the NSR as a supercharged injection 2-stroke.

Honda could do it. But they wont.

Zen Dog

demoNSR
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:18 - 26 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:

Zen Dog

Well they could, but as long as they could sort out the smoke problem too, i would not mind a bit Smile

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:41 - 27 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

demoNSR wrote:
Zen Dog wrote:

Zen Dog

Well they could, but as long as they could sort out the smoke problem too, i would not mind a bit Smile

Direct Injection 2 strokes are much cleaner than their carbed counterparts. Direct Injection smokers never caught on for some reason.

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:45 - 27 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it not something to do with those crazy eu emissions laws that they stopped making 2 smokes?

But they really should bring back 2 stroke bikes, they could make them powerful enough to make them seem like a viable option for commuting with, and I reckon (although I have no evidence) a 2 stroke 125 is probably gonna be less polluting than say a 600cc 4 stroke?

demoNSR
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:48 - 27 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncrn wrote:
Is it not something to do with those crazy eu emissions laws that they stopped making 2 smokes?

But they really should bring back 2 stroke bikes, they could make them powerful enough to make them seem like a viable option for commuting with, and I reckon (although I have no evidence) a 2 stroke 125 is probably gonna be less polluting than say a 600cc 4 stroke?

I think you hit the nail on the head. Because 2 strokes use so much oil, they are phasing them out in favour of 4 strokes. Even though 600cc 4 strokes use more petrol. than a 125. But i just don't understand why Honda had to make the CBR so skinny.
Even if it is for a better power to weight ratio, they are restricted to 13BHP or so, So they could have give it bigger dimensions, and still have enough power to play with. The tyres are also ridiculously skinny. You seem to see more NSR's than CBR125's so i am guessing the NSR's are more popular for those reasons.
They look more like a real bike, and the handling is great.

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:00 - 28 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

demoNSR wrote:

I think you hit the nail on the head. Because 2 strokes use so much oil, they are phasing them out in favour of 4 strokes. Even though 600cc 4 strokes use more petrol. than a 125. But i just don't understand why Honda had to make the CBR so skinny.
Even if it is for a better power to weight ratio, they are restricted to 13BHP or so, So they could have give it bigger dimensions, and still have enough power to play with. The tyres are also ridiculously skinny. You seem to see more NSR's than CBR125's so i am guessing the NSR's are more popular for those reasons.

Precisely.

I would never use a CBr125, waay too skinny. NSR is much better, or CBR400 Twisted Evil

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 28 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its not to say a cbr125 wouldn't handle well, I've ridden an sr125, despite it being way to skinny for me - therefore very uncomfy - I was able to throw it at corners much easier than I was able to on my nsr, just for the sheer fact it was so damn light, and the bars had such a good clearance.

It may well have been the fact that I knew if I came off it, I wouldn't brake anything valuable, I dunno.

But at the same time the NSR does handle very very well, and as long as you keep on top of keep the chain and tyres good, you can ride very very smoothly and corner very well. Although, I'm not quite up to the edges all over the tyres :/

demoNSR
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:16 - 29 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VFR400 is a nice bike too, but again, phased out for some reason.
I dare say the CBR125 handles well enough, but i am a biggish lad, 6 foot tall, and 15 stone. So i would look like a gorilla on a tricycle, riding a CBR. They should have kept a biggish bike, for bigger lads to ride while learning. Cos i would not embarass myself on a CBR125 Rolling Eyes Embarassed

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:32 - 29 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honda should scrap that new CBR, rebuild a brand new sports bike, with bigger fireblade etc inspired styling and a nice 2smoke engine. *ponders over Pocket Rocket 125* Original I know Rolling Eyes Laughing

crees
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 17:42 - 01 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I accept it's probably built intentionally for teenagers but something a little larger for us LOL platers would be nice.

I would have bought one without question this year when looking around for a bike but I sat on it and erm it looked like a mini moto.

St0rmer66
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:01 - 01 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honda have never liked 2strokes. They even used a 4stroke in the 500cc racing days. It was rediculously highly tuned and needed huge maintainance. It inevitably failed and they built the NSR500 which dominated the sport for several years. I think it was Honda who pushed for MotoGP to go from 2stroke 500's to 4stroke 990's as well.

That and the fact that 2strokes give off way too many emissions so the Euro regulations can't be met (the Aprilia RS250 became a victim of this and the 125 is losing power every year...).

RFT
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 12:06 - 06 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be possible, as stated, to build a 2-stroke that would be very clean- it's all to do with forced induction.

With a light pressure supercharger taking over the job of the crankcase compression pushing air in, (meaning the engine can be lubricated like a four-stroke) and direct fuel injection into the cylinder once the ports have closed- you've solved the main pollution issues - unburned fuel and oil escaping through the engine. this system has been used for years in big diesel railway engines.

Point is, though, that it;s complicated, expensive and just not worth it for the 125cc learner class. The 2-stroke 125s we love came about because of varying euro rules that meant in some areas it was perfectly learner-legal to have a 25bhp 125. (restrictable for certain markets)

With the rules now settled EU-wide on 15bhp - there's no point spending the money engineering a clean 30bhp-capable 2-stroke 125, when you can meet the legal 15bhp limit reliably from a 4-stroke. Really it's not just to do with emisions as the harmonised BHP limit as well.

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:18 - 06 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck it, direct injection two stroke SV650, see how the Government/Brussells like that shit.

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 12:25 - 06 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

and engine rebuilders....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:32 - 06 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
and engine rebuilders....

And tyre manufacturers

Imagine how long a front would last

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 13:21 - 06 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

a long time becuase it would never touch the floor?

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

super-duper-moto
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:26 - 09 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

demoNSR wrote:
ncrn wrote:

I think the real reason nsr is more popular is that the people its aimed at (17 year olds) know they will get more speed out of the de-restricted 2 stroke which is what its all about for them, top end. Not reliability, cost or handling
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 266 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1