Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Biker decapitated

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 22:16 - 11 Apr 2007    Post subject: Biker decapitated Reply with quote

Fook me!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/04/11/wdecap11.xml

Poor sod.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GeorgeCBR
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:32 - 11 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, thats an odd one eh?

Previous || Suzuki Bandit 600N - Honda CBR 125 - Gilera Runner 50

matt_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 11 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen this on another forum, Its bad!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
polarman This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating. Unhide this post / all posts.

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 10:34 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't it Jeremy Clarkson who said he'd like to silence motorcyclist by stringing cheese wire across the road Confused

Ok, I know this is in Italy and a sad case. Makes you think though Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Jamie S This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Redundant). Unhide this post / all posts.

Adam_P
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:24 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie stokes wrote:
lesson learnt , get a full fairing ! it would just hit the screen and go over and you would be fine.

While doing moto cross? You think? And if it was on the open road, barbed wire? Straight over the top? Or would it dig into your clothing while running over your back, ripping them and your skin to shreds as it went? Have a think about it Jamie. Rolling Eyes

The alternative is to track down the retards that do this and lock them up, they're clearly not right in the head.

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 11:56 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time jamie says anything its always a car crash moment Confused

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 17:24 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

polarman wrote:
Perhaps we should start displaying stats on all injuries and fatalities for all modes of transportation, in the home and workplace.

Why post horror stories? There's enough on the news without seeing them on this website.

We all know the risks. Just my opinion guys.

Smile

I have to admit, I'd be mildly curious to see how many people had been decapitated by a deliberately-set barbed wire trap while driving a car.

This was not a 'routine' death by accident or misadventure, but clearly a trap set with the intention of killing a motorcyclist and thus your rather patronising comments are hardly relevant.

polarman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:49 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
polarman wrote:
Perhaps we should start displaying stats on all injuries and fatalities for all modes of transportation, in the home and workplace.

Why post horror stories? There's enough on the news without seeing them on this website.

Smile

I have to admit, I'd be mildly curious to see how many people had been decapitated by a deliberately-set barbed wire trap while driving a car.

This was not a 'routine' death by accident or misadventure, but clearly a trap set with the intention of killing a motorcyclist and thus your rather patronising comments are hardly relevant.

Most of the papers like to print the biker gets hurt / killed stories and it adds to the anti biker feeling that all bikers ride like mad.

There's nothing wrong with a sensitive post but many on such subject aren't and often seem ghoulish.

BanditBitch
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:12 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

polarman wrote:

Smile

I do agree with you, I dont like to read this sort of stuff but you do have the option of reading them or not, no one forces you.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 21:38 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

polarman wrote:

Most of the papers like to print the biker gets hurt / killed stories and it adds to the anti biker feeling that all bikers ride like mad.

There's nothing wrong with a sensitive post but many on such subject aren't and often seem ghoulish.

I'll return to my previous theme, and ask why you think that is applicable here?

fenton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:35 - 13 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been done before. Cant find a link for it, but it happend a while back in this country. It turned out that the farmer was fed up up of crossers using the paths at the back and but a length of wire across to stop them. Also two kids were caught stringing a length between two lamp posts, but were seen on TV so it avoided any serious injury
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shay HTFC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 13 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets hope it doesn't have any copycat effect. That is sick.
Can just imagine now... little chav#1 thinks it'll be funny to put up wire across his street cos he read it in the news.

Although saying that... was this printed in the News of the World?

Essex_Mike
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:23 - 13 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking hell, thats ridiculous.

By the way, just coz some people don't like reading about this, doesn;t mean others aint interested.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:11 - 13 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

polarman wrote:
Smile

Regularly read teletext in the TV adds and can say that car crashes and pedestrians getting hit are far more common that bikers losing life's.

So to be honest i would expect to see stuff like the OP here as its a BIKE related forum.
If i want to read about other stuff i will go elsewhere.

polarman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:53 - 14 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

BanditBitch wrote:
polarman wrote:

Smile

I do agree with you, I dont like to read this sort of stuff but you do have the option of reading them or not, no one forces you.

Thats true.

Just my opinion guys. Everyone to their own. Smile

nick606
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:37 - 14 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guy in norfolk or somewhere had this done to him. It was in the daily express today page 37 hes ok now though....10 stitches hes had

says nothing about the wire being put there to harm the riders

edit: he was just cut... if my post confuses anyone not decapitated

Weedy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 14 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/news?ArticleID=2700908

I think you'll find he was a little more than "cut" Wink

Happened about 10 miles away from where I live Shocked

Mjolnir
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:51 - 14 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe people actually do things like this. There isn't really a lot you can do if your bearing down on a booby-trap left by someone intent on taking a biker apart that day.

It strikes me as strange that the guy in Weedy's article states:
"I just want to stress to people how dangerous motorcycles can be"

Surely the barbed wire across the road is more dangerous than the bike. I can't help but think he is focussing on the wrong element of the accident. He was doing nothing wrong. It was the guy stretching barbed wire across the road that inflicted the injury on him.

Weedy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:10 - 14 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my first reaction! How can it be the motorcycle/riders fault if some nonce decided to tie some barbed wire up at throat height?! Shocked

The attitude of the rider (although understandable) gives out the wrong impression to the general public though Confused

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:17 - 14 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe armour such as this

https://thekneeslider.com/images/neckbrace.jpg

will need to be more commonly used by motocross riders to save them from farmers trying to kill them?

brianmcewan.co.uk
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:36 - 14 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can anyone do anything like that? Confused

The Italian probably wouldn't have know anything about it... would he? Sick Thumbs Down Karma

Weedy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:53 - 14 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't have thought so, would have all happened too quickly for him to realise what was occuring which is something I guess Confused

Squibbs
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:27 - 15 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I just want to stress to people how dangerous motorcycles can be. I was wearing all the proper clothing but there are extreme risks involved and you really have to be careful when riding."

I agree with Weedy on this one. If I was out walking the dog and got knifed by some mugger I wouldn't go around saying 'I want to stress to everyone how dangerous dog walking is...'

Noone could reasonably expect to come across barbed wire at neck height except as part of an obvious fence, its not part of motorcycling, its part of people being reckless with other people's lives
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 18 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2