Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Am i able to ride an NSR250 ?!?!?!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

scabzilla
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:14 - 20 Jul 2002    Post subject: Am i able to ride an NSR250 ?!?!?! Reply with quote

Yo peeps ! just a question before i go and splash my cash on a second hand NSR125R. Would it be LEGAL for me to get an NSR250, and ride it with 33bhp restictors in place ?, if so any idea on the cost of these 33bhp restictor kits ! As i have my 2yr restricted 33bhp liscence. And can anyone tell me if this is better than buying a second hand NSR125 and putting up for it, for 2yrs as i will probably get board of the weedy 125 by then. Also anyone got any info on the NSR250 eg. top speed, etc....

Any input into this would be well appreciated as i dont wana buy the wrong bike Rolling Eyes !!

Cheers,
Scabzilla

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 21:24 - 20 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maximum £300. But why get it restricted??? Just get a mechanic to ram some rags into the exhaust and let the tyres down, stick it on the dyno, and it should show as less than 33bhp. Then print off the dyno, and take the rags out and pump up the tyres. Voila!!

batman
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:44 - 20 Jul 2002    Post subject: nsr250 Reply with quote

good luck findin one-they are hard to find a good model
u want an mc21 or mc28-the rest look gack and arent THAT fast
they have a card ignition and are restricted thru it to 45bhp, which means it wont be as fast as u may want
u need to order a hrc card to get the full 60+, and u can order a restrictor card to give it 33 too(hard to find)
also when u put the full power card in u lose all lights indicators etc!
so prepare for these things before u go nsr250!

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 21 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get an older one you dont need to bother with all that shite though

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 21:00 - 21 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why stick at a 250? Get a 400 or 600 if u can afford the insurance. Makes more sense in 2 years:)

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 21 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why stick at a 250?

Cuz this 250 canes 400s!

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 21:25 - 21 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doddmaster wrote:
Quote:
Why stick at a 250?

Cuz this 250 canes 400s!

I'd like to test that theory:)

batman
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:06 - 22 Jul 2002    Post subject: nsr Reply with quote

250 will have 400's off the line, but after bout 80 will run out of steam-the rs is faster than nsr by a fair bit
however, many regard the nsr250 as the best handlin bike in the world, its lightweight would make it quicker on twisties than 400's
but unless u are real good, a 400 is easier to go fast on, so will generally be bale to beat a stroker(especially if its wet)

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 21:34 - 22 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

One available at https://www.cheshiremotorcyclesalvage.com
for £600
V LIGHT COSMETIC JUST NEEDS TOP FAIRING & SWITCHGEAR TO FINISH

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:48 - 22 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NSR250 handles better than the 400s, and is virtually equal on power to them.

So same power but less weight = faster bike

Hunter
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 06:38 - 23 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually... the NSR 250 R will cane most 400 off the line and upto about 110 mph. The reason for this is that theyweight just 125KG whereas for example a cbr 400 weight at 160KG me thinks. a full power nsr250r can be anything from 60-72bhp (depending on how well its worked on).

Even the older versions of the bike s.a. MC18 look gorgeous.. check out the size of that rear tire. Cool

I want one!!

air
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:39 - 23 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NSR250"R" is the slowest and heaviest of the 250 NSR's, the SP and SE models are faster, lighter and in some cases are fitted with magtek wheels for even more reduced weight.
The MC-21 and 28 are relatively the same in power whereas the 18 and 16 are quick but not near as fast as the 21/28.

If you can afford it buy a 21/28, the never lose their worth and in the 28's case you could probably sell it for double in about 5 years time.

Its an investment

Hunter
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:08 - 24 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked out an NSR 250R (MC18) 2J model and an MC18 5K. The 2J is running, its very loud, but needs front sprokets to be changed cause the chain runs on it when you accelerate hard! The 5k needs a bit of work but looks nicer, couldn't ride it as it needs to be cleaned up!

Both bikes will probably need a new paintjob.. the 5k looks nicer but fork tubes need replacing cause they are rusty (been near the sea too long).

each for 550 quid! am willing to spend lots of time and get one in top condition!

Which one do you reckon?
Cool
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 282 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1