Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

miniature number plates

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

DUG
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:16 - 21 Jul 2002    Post subject: miniature number plates Reply with quote

im thinkin of gettin a miniature plate but how many of ya hav been done by the old bill? and wot do they do? Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

James
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:22 - 21 Jul 2002    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Ive got a seriously tiny carbon effect numberplate and have not been pulled for it by the law. It looks top notch. Maybe ive just been lucky?

DUG
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:33 - 21 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers.i also want one small enough to fit on my mini moto.got any good websites? Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 16:54 - 21 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a slightly undersize one on the Bandit and have never been pulled for it.
If they do stop you, the maximum is 3 points as far as I know.

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 16:58 - 21 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 9x3 numberplate with a slogan. Been pulled up twice in 2 days by the same copper. First time I said that it was like that when I bought it, and didn't know it was illegal. He pulled me up the next day and gave me more crap about it, and I told him one was being made up but it wouldn't be ready till the weekend... he fell for it and I have never seen him since... my bike has been broke for a couple of weeks so I won't see him again while I am on the NSR.... but I will be getting a stupidly small plate on my nextbike... big plates look shite.

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:18 - 21 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE FINE FOR A SMALL PLATE IS MAXIMUM OF £20 and a producer, for the moment....

i spoke to an officer and he said that if u got a slightly smaller plate ull be ok but plate that take the piss EG 4 inchs by 1/2 an inch, ull get a fine and producer...

but y do u want to attract more attention to urselves buy sticking a small plate on, i wear a illegal Black visor and everything else is legal ( and i usually carry the legal one with me so i dont have the hassle of getting stopped and getting producers, on my next bike ill have a race can but will get the 'NOT FOR ROAD USE' mark taken off somehow!

but small plates on 125s are useless, id u had 1 on an R1 its ok cause u can piss off b4 the cops can get a chance to c ur plate, and somehow u cant do that on a NSR!!!

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 17:22 - 21 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have small number plate, iridium visor, and no L plates. What do you mean you can't get away from the coppers??? Usually they are travelling in the opposite direction so you've buggered off before they see you, and if they come from behind you you'll see em a mile off if you're using your mirrors enough. I have never been done for any of the above because I used the excuse in the earlier thread for the number plate, and on my visor I got someone to engrave 'legal for daytime use' on, plus I have a visor pal to carry my clear one with me. I have never been done for no L plates, because I carry all my documents with me apart from my licence so if they can see I am insured, taxed, etc they more or less presume you have a licence, especially when you use the old 'Bloody hell I had to send the insurance company a photocopy of my licence before they'd insure me' excuse.

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:30 - 21 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, wat if u got a cop on a bike behind u a pan goes faster than an nsr,

about the l-plate thing if u have an accident u aont insured! and if u killed a third party... ur FUCKED, and u have to sell ur house or ur parents do to pay the fees and to pay out! which the insurers will not do!

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 18:08 - 22 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen two bikers in the past two days with REALLY tiny plates. They must have been about 2 inches downwards and about 5 or 6 inches across. If a police car is following you when you have a plate that tiny on the back they cant really miss it can they.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 22 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd consider a slightly undersize one, but there's no point drawing attention to yourself with tiny plates

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 18:13 - 22 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh slightly under size would be cool (minus 1 or 2 inches off standard size maybe) But i would want room for my slogan! (you can read my slogan in my sig Smile )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:32 - 22 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.malplates.co.uk/

PostPosted: 19:54 - 22 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoHippy wrote:
I have a slightly undersize one on the Bandit and have never been pulled for it.
If they do stop you, the maximum is 3 points as far as I know.

You told me that plate was legal. Evil or Very Mad

And 3 points is one less 'mistake with judging speed' allowance - is it really worth it?
You must be logged in to rate posts

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady

PostPosted: 20:07 - 22 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess who didnt sign in again - god I wish it would prompt stupid people like me!!

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 20:11 - 22 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs hippy... when you log in next select auto login, It puts a cookie on your pc so you dont have to keep logging in... I havent had to sign in once since i signed up here! I think i have forgotten my password so i had better not delete the cookie Wink

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 20:12 - 22 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said the plate was a legal size. The text is the right size, but the plate is slightly smaller, not that the police could tell by looking - they would have to physically measure it Smile

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady

PostPosted: 20:15 - 22 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

newbie wrote:
Mrs hippy... when you log in next select auto login, It puts a cookie on your pc so you dont have to keep logging in... I havent had to sign in once since i signed up here! I think i have forgotten my password so i had better not delete the cookie Wink

Unfortunatly the hippy uses this PC too Sad so if I auto log in he would have to log out again before he could log in - if that makes any sence....

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 20:18 - 22 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, then all my posts would be from her ^

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 21:47 - 22 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set your favourite to be the login page then.......

Ryan
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:49 - 22 Jul 2002    Post subject: hehe Reply with quote

i got pulled twice in the same week for a plate about 1.5" x 6" (approx 3 fag packets in a row on their sides)

1st by a T5, i was goin throu' town on a 3 lane (turn left, straight forward, turn right) part up to some lights, i was waitin to go right at the lights when i saw him comin from behind. Then when the lights went green he flashed his lights went right across the road cut the car up behind me and signalled in the window for me to pull up a head Embarassed . If u try running from one of those with flashin lights i take my hat off to ya. He gave me a produce'a after i gave the bullshit story 'it came with the bike', 'i didn't know it stopped speed camaras from gettin u' and 'i thought it made it look nice'.

2nd after a mate of mine had a 'HHHUUUGGEE' crash and the emergency services came (he broke his back), anyway when the police arrived they spotted my bike and gave me a tellin off, then he got really mad when i sad i already had a producer and proclaimed that he couldn't do anything about it (big big mistake) he then went off on one saying things like 'that piece of paper means SHIT', then i pleaded about how my mate had crashed, then he said he never wanted to see me again and if he did he'd do me for everything he could Evil or Very Mad

i don't think small plates are worth the hassle, they just annoy the bacon. I think u'd get away with a slightly smaller one, but nothin rediculasly small

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady

PostPosted: 22:11 - 22 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonic69 wrote:
Set your favourite to be the login page then.......

thats ok except for when I follow the link from in a notification e-mail.

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 23:15 - 22 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think large number plates on bikes look daft, but in all honesty I can do without the hasstle from the police. I would rather have a stupid number plate than be repeatedly pulled over (think of the time wasted and the producers..... I dont know about any others - but where I live, the stations are so small you have to wait about 30min just for an officer to notice you're waiting there!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 08:36 - 23 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forget where, but I can remember reading something along the lines of:
Think what it'd be like if one of your relatives was hit by someone with a small plate who then buggered off and no one could read the plate.... Okay maybe you're not going to do that, but the Police don't know that.

curryhead
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 09:59 - 23 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a slogan which said back off im drunk and ive got a knife. i never got a tug i kinda wish i would of.

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 13:59 - 23 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

The actual letters on my number plate aren't THAT small, it's just that instead of having my number plate in this format:-

A123
XYZ

I have it like this:-

A123 XYZ

Like cars have, but obviously smaller. It isn't like 2 inches by 6 inches, its 9x3. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 284 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2