Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Front Brakes...err... a little help...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Oggie
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:20 - 25 Jul 2002    Post subject: Front Brakes...err... a little help... Reply with quote

Right, as some may know ive had trouble with replacing my brake pads...
after 2 days of pissing about with it i found out my caliper had siezed up and that need a new one Crying or Very sad i got a 2nd hand one for 47 quid (almost) mint and next day delivery Very Happy putting it on today put it on but i cant get the brakes to like, well... brake, the fluid just aint going im not to sure what to say, i think i need a step by step from when its all connected up onwards.

Cheers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dylan
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:34 - 25 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take bottom banjo off, fill resevoir. Put fingers either side of banjo. Pump brake lever, let air out, when you release lever seal banjo with fingers. It helps get fluid down a new line. Only way i could find to get it when i got a braided hose. Then connect banjo back up and blead as normal. Get not return vavle from car shop,£3, then put in bottle of fluid and pump lever. Very recomended to use proper bleader spanner £3, if you manage to grind off hex bit on bolt then a new blead nipple costs £7, trust me , ive done it all!!
Why u post in this section????
Dyl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Oggie
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:20 - 25 Jul 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

argh... i didnt want this post in this section , i didnt mean too...my mouse is buggerd and it double clicks and i must have closed two boxes and then was left with this one which i posted on... bugger this pc..

Korn you can move it if you want that wud help Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tanner18
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:38 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

shit happens
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 210 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1