Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Fogging Helmet

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

seantobin43
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:02 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Fogging Helmet Reply with quote

What do you do to stop a helmet from fogging up . Im going mad when stopped at traffic and i have to flip up my visor up . Today i got a fly in my eye and had to go to hospital and get the little f**ker out because it was stuck on my eye .

Faldo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:08 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinlock. Some on here don't agree, but I find them invaluable. You can get stick on ones (so no visor drilling required) from your local HG store.

seantobin43
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:19 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never heard of Pinlock what is it

Charlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:19 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ridden a couple of times without my pinlock in (old helmet) and I hated it. A properly setup pinlock will not mist up and works brilliantly. Only problem is it does limit visibility slightly having the edge at the top of the visor.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:21 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Options are these.

Pinlock
Foggy Mask
Spray

Foggy mask is what I have. Brilliant idea, never fogs up. Even -8oc last winter, was fine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Charlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

seantobin43 wrote:
i never heard of Pinlock what is it

https://www.pinlock.com/index2.htm

Basically a screen which goes inside your visor and acts like double glazing.

Mystery
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got some pink stuff that you can get to rub on your visor and stops any misting up works wonders in the winter
Carbon knuckles assure you maximum protect against debris and unfortunate accidents or if someone cuts you off, their side mirror.Mopeds are like chubby chicks.. they are really fun to ride until you're friends catch you on one
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

seantobin43
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:34 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard that if you rub on soap on it it stops it does that work

seantobin43
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:29 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the spray called

Last edited by seantobin43 on 23:32 - 11 Dec 2009; edited 1 time in total

seantobin43
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:30 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

blindweezy wrote:
i've got some pink stuff that you can get to rub on your visor and stops any misting up works wonders in the winter

what is the pink stuff called . sorry about that last comment

Mystery
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:41 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

its called anti glare, but i can't find who sells it a part from its made in america
Carbon knuckles assure you maximum protect against debris and unfortunate accidents or if someone cuts you off, their side mirror.Mopeds are like chubby chicks.. they are really fun to ride until you're friends catch you on one

Mystery
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:43 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm came across this, https://www.i-orange.de/index.php?lc=shop&shop_articleid=190&shop_catid=31 , i think thats the same stuff

beast rider
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:54 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

washing up liquid works well.

evoboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:38 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob heath anti-fog spray works well, but needs reapplying every week or so.

Use a Pinlock in my Shoei and nothing in my Arai as it doesnt steam up Cool

APT Motorcycles

Redoko
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try one of these. Smile

https://www.made-in-china.com/image/2f0j00vCjQWkpsHYrHM/Electronic-Fly-Mosquito-Killers-A.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

DanHam
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:27 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

did any of you guys buy that stuff from the NEC what looks to be in a piss tube?

I've tried some, don't think I put it on right, the X mark I made on my visor kept fogging up when I was riding, what a pain in the arse.

White un
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:56 - 14 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I brought a tube of that stuff from NEC, I must be putting it on wrong cause tried it a couple of times and don't work for me ?

Mix
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:26 - 15 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinlock is onlyrealsolution,everything other... lets say it`s all improvisation.
If your hlemet have breath deflector it could help, and shaving foam can do the job for maybe a week and then you need to put it again

the grim reaper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:32 - 15 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had some issues with Pinlock recently, it could be down to the tension of the pinlock from those little cams on the pins but I seem to always get a gap at the top or bottom of my visor, this is in a visor that had pinlock from new, not a DIY fit.

I'll keep fiddling but it's bloody annoying.

Cheers

Grim
Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.

DanHam
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 18:28 - 15 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

White un wrote:
Yeah I brought a tube of that stuff from NEC, I must be putting it on wrong cause tried it a couple of times and don't work for me ?

How are you putting it on?

What I was doing was cleaned my visor, dried it. Then put like an X mark across it and then rubbed it in with some tissue, like he said to do. The X I put on is misting up on the inside for me, I haven't tried it in the rain yet.

White un
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 18:46 - 15 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told to rub the pink bar on a cloth then rub the cloth on the visor then rub the residue off.

I'll probably just get a pinlock for me helmet.

I found out I can get a pinlock prepared visor as a spare part for my helmet.

Take a look on there website see if your helmet is covered

https://www.pinlock.com/index2.htm

AngelGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:19 - 15 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pinlock in my summer (tinted) and winter visors, purely because of how great they are. I've never had any problems with them, and they have NEVER fogged up. I've just ridden for 2 hours in the rain at 0degrees and it was fine.

They do a 'racing' version, that has a slightly higher lip, but they are both fine, I don't really notice any loss of perephiral vision on my Arai, and any that is lost, is more than made up for by the fact I can see without and fog!

Serendipity
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:21 - 15 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also highly rate Pinlock. Been using the same two (one in clear and one in tinted) for three years in all weather. Great. Thumbs Up

I just got in from work. It's dropped below zero here and I rode home with a buff over my face neatly directing all my breath right at the visor. Did it fog?

Well, yes it did actually, but only right at the bottom, leaving my normal field of vision clear. The only effect was a pretty glow as my fuel light came on and shone through the foggy bit. Smile

My helmet came with a Pinlock fitted to the clear visor and I bought a dark tint visor and additional clear pinlock from one of those off-shore visor suppliers. It may have been Race Visors, but it's been three years and my memory ain't what it was.

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 15 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

allymoss wrote:
Options are these.

Pinlock/fog city
Foggy Mask
Spray

Foggy mask is what I have. Brilliant idea, never fogs up. Even -8oc last winter, was fine.

The 'fog city pro shield' is the same basic idea as the Pinlock (i.e. double glazing), but you don't need a pinlock visor!! Cool

daesimps
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:15 - 15 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too can't fault pinlock. It's been great for me, and at the NEC this year I found out that the wife's HJC lid is now supplied with pinlock, so we bought a replacement visor for her and she loves it.

I use the pink stick that was on sale at the NEC and have for a couple of years. I don't use it to prevent fogging though, I put it on the outside to help the rain run off. I also put it on the mirrors to keep rain off and stop them fogging up on cold mornings. It also works great on the bathroom mirror.

Dae
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 106 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2