BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hyosung?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hassan_i_sabbah
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:24 - 22 May 2007    Post subject: Hyosung? Reply with quote

i've seen more and more of these on the roads in the last few months or so. I'd never seen them before, but some of them look like quite nice looking bikes, their pretty cheap as well, does anyone on here ride them or know if they are worth looking at?

dibs
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:54 - 22 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have a local dealer then a new one can be a good buy as they have a 2 year warrenty now, so they have faith in their product.

i have a 125 comet till i can scrape some money togther to do my test, and its fine my exhaust split on a weld the other day but apart from that i havnt really had any problems with it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SonicTheHedge...
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:22 - 22 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one as a loan bike while I was waiting for a new tyre.

Hyosung GT650R, V-twin sports-bike I think.

Small, plasticy, and a bit agricultural, but everything worked, and there's nothing I could think of that was missing or outright bad.
According to the 'bike shop they're built with assistance from Suzuki - take that with a pinch of salt, but it's possible.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:56 - 22 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen, they're a bit overpriced if anything.

The 125 costs more than the much lighter/just as fast CBR125 - though people do seem to value it based on the amount of metal used.

The rrp of the 650 is only slightly less than the SV which is considered a little better.

When they announced the 650 I was hoping it was more going to be a TRX style bike for £3k - which is the price that it was 'rummered' to be to start with.

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:49 - 22 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

they assist/ed suzuki with engine's, and I had a hyper/Grand Prix2 and wouldn't touch another with a barge pole,but each to their own Thumbs Up

fredsredhat
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:45 - 26 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicTheHedgehog wrote:

According to the 'bike shop they're built with assistance from Suzuki - take that with a pinch of salt, but it's possible.

Ha according to our local dealer they make engines for suzuki!!!! and the SV 650 is in fact a hyosong designed and built engine Rolling Eyes A good friend of mine has the 125 comet and it's been in the dock for 2 weeks - under warranty - on account of the reg/rec catching fire and melting a lot of the under seat area.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tonshar
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:15 - 27 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband has the gv 650 aquila and loves it, no problems with it at all. I also going to buy one when i pass my test in the next few weeks

iloveriding
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:37 - 27 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its right, The engine is the Suzuki SV650, The koreans make them for Suzuki and hyosung,
I have had mine since the first of March brand new, Its a GV650 and with all the kit (engine gards, back rest, back rack and wind screen) the whole thing come to £5500. I thought this a good price.
The engine gards paid for them self already, but thats another story!
Value for money = Yes
reliability = Yes
Handling = Def Yes
Street cred = Getting there
Comfort = Yes
Its true it is a rip off ov the HD V-Rod and HD owners frown, I have done over 2k miles in just over 2 months and every 1 enjoyable,
On the book it says the GV650 will do 146 MPH I have a friend that said he did 124mph. I did find myself doing 105 with plenty of throttle left on one occasion. But i got the bike for comfort and the fact I have short legs and have to have a cruiser style bike to cock my leg over.
The Comet and the Faired racing style Hyosung with the 650 engine I would assume run the same. I looked at the HD before the GV650 and they seemed very traction engine like, Above 40 mph and forget your mirrors and wait for the vibrations to get worse.
All in all I am happy with my bike but like some one said each to there own
Found this website for Hyosung owners maybe worth you looking at before you buy.
www.prideinwhatyouride.com
Tony

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:43 - 27 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just PLEASE avoid one of these...

They aren't worth the fairing that's used, mine was utterly shite Rolling Eyes Thumbs Down

-Savage-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 30 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok whow whow who, hyosung and suzuki

i worked in a hyosung dealer so this is actually the way it is, not just a mate told a mate who told me.

hyosung were contracted by suzuki to make engines for them. suzuki now make their own engines, but still get hyosung to make some parts. hyosung then started building engines using the same parts as the suzuki engines (as they had all the machinery set up etc, and started making bikes. obviously not with the suzuki name.

the engine is essentially an sv650 engine, in all but name.

cant say the bikes are superbly made or anything, but a 2 year warrenty with a new 650cc bike, costing under £3k, cant be all bad lol

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:37 - 31 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

SavageKymco wrote:

i worked in a hyosung dealer so this is actually the way it is, not just a mate told a mate who told me.

I worked in Starbucks and got told all sorts of stuff about how great they were - didn't mean I believed it though! Smile

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:40 - 31 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would explain why Suzuki's are utter sheds anyway Wink

Hassan_i_sabbah
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 07:21 - 01 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i'll just get a triumph bonneville black, looks much nicer and got a bit more class.

phk6
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:46 - 01 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:
Would explain why Suzuki's are utter sheds anyway Wink

thats only yours fella i quite like mine
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 02 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the SV650 motor alright, but it's supposedley about 10hp more peppy. I believe they still use the carb setup too. They're pretty sweet bikes for the cash, list is £3500 OTR, including delivery if you order it direct from hyosung UK.

XV1100
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:12 - 06 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regard to the Hyosung, I had an Aquila 125 and i have to admit it was a fantastic bike, most people thought it was a lot larger in cc.
I had no issues at all, and sold the bike to another learner for 50 quid less than i purchased it for. There are a lot of dealers that sell parts and they stad by their warranty.

Deb Thumbs Up

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:12 - 07 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor man's Lifan IMHO.

tonshar
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 08:27 - 07 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can it be a poor mans Lifan when the Lifan's are cheaper ?

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/250cc-LIFAN-250-CUSTOM-CRUISER-BIKE-FULLY-ASSEMBLED_W0QQitemZ270127322280QQihZ017QQcategoryZ424QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

iloveriding
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:47 - 07 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you know my wife is doing her DAS, So we have been shopping around.
Here is our findings, This is for cruiser style bike’s.

Yamaha

XV125 Virago =£2899.00
XV650 Dragstar =£5239.00

Hyosung

GV125 Aquila =£2700.00
GV125 Cruise 11 =£2095.00
GV650 Aquila =£4999.00

Kawasaki

125 Eliminator =£2830.00
VN800 Classic =£6030.00

Suzuki

VL125 Intruder =£3234.00
GV125 Marauda =£2234.00
VL800 Intruder =£5489.00

Harley Davidson

XL883C Sportstar Custom =£5735.00

Honda

VT125 Shadow =£3299.00
VT750 Shadow =£5499.00

Kymco

125 Hipster =£2384.00
125 Cruiser =£2399.00

Sym

125 Husky =£2375.00

Lifan

125 Arazona =£1149.99

Maybe your comment about Hyosung being a poor mans Lifan was a typo.
As you can see Hyosung is not a poor mans anything.
It all comes down to personal preferences.

I must say though, I wish I new about the Suzuki 800 before I got my Aquila. I still think the Aquila is the dogs testicles but I do like the Intruder and I will be a bit envious of the wife if she goes for that one.
Tony

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 10:26 - 07 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give her your Aquila, and get the Suzuki for yourself? Smile

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

iloveriding
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:31 - 07 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried that one mate, She punched me in the head, I guess that ment NO
Tony

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:37 - 17 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/bikes/detail.php?ref=sv650&y=k6

https://www.hyosung.co.uk/range.php

GT650 is £800 cheaper than the SV650. That's a lot more track time!

The fully faired versions are £700 apart. The only place where hyosung have no competitor is the semi-faired version, which seems to have been dropped from their range. From what i've read, Hyosung are damn good value, and the 250 has made a good impression down under.

Accorting to what i've found on t'interweb, the Hyosung is also roughly 10bhp up, as has already been pointed out.

Jack

iloveriding
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:58 - 19 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this, You may like to read, Seems I was in error about the top speed, That means the pal who said he did 124mph my not be true.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/Hyosung/Hyosung-GV650-Aquila-1995-2002/?&R=EPI-472

Tony

johns
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:31 - 21 Jun 2007    Post subject: Hyosung i do not like them Reply with quote

Hyosung my son had one i have a ts125x Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:13 - 28 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

iloveriding wrote:
Found this, You may like to read, Seems I was in error about the top speed, That means the pal who said he did 124mph my not be true.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/Hyosung/Hyosung-GV650-Aquila-1995-2002/?&R=EPI-472

Tony

I think that's a little low. It may just have shorter gearing than the GT models though.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 349 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2