Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Fitting crash protectors and insurance

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

flimbar
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:24 - 25 Jun 2007    Post subject: Fitting crash protectors and insurance Reply with quote

I was wondering if people notify their insurer when they fit crash protectors.

In my case for my sv650s, fitting the R&G crash protectors that I bought involves replacing the engine bolt with the R&G one, which to me seems like quite a significant modification. Am I right in thinking that this is the bolt that holds the engine to the frame?

So I was wondering do I notify my insurers and risk a higher premium or do I keep shtum and risk them squirming out of paying up when someone sues me for a million for doing a burn-out on his prize-winning marrow?

What did you do when you fitted crash protectors? Or other mods in general?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:28 - 25 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't bother myself, they'd never pull you up on that and it's not going to make much difference to your premium either way.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

madcat2k1
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:31 - 25 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell if taking off old mirrors and putting different ones on can be considered a modification to insurance companies, then I think your crash protectors might be too.

Careful if you scratch your paint too they might think that's a modifcation too when it comes to a claim..Smile

I'd say better safe than sorry and let them know.
____________________
CBT: Passed - (3/4/07)
DAS Passed - (17/7/08)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

FreshAL
Sir Crashalot



Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:40 - 25 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBike give a discount if your bike is fitted with R&G's
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

faddius
Traffic Copper



Joined: 16 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:48 - 25 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt they will increase your premium, its beneficial for them as if you have a crash, your less likely to claim as much for damages to the bike.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:30 - 25 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't bothered with any of my bikes. I wouldn't worry about it. It isn't "performance enhancing"
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 101 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.51 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 47.57 Kb