Brunstrom again

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:35 - 06 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
Which has truth, but those limits on those roads would do more good than harm Imo.

It's not speed that kills per say. It's inappropriate speed that kills.

I agree with 30 limits outside school. etc.

perhaps the speed limit on a motorway should be decreased in the rain, but in perfect conditions 70mph is sloooowwwwww.

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:49 - 06 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inappropriate speed. That's what I was looking for. Cool

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 06 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_Ham wrote:
perhaps the speed limit on a motorway should be decreased in the rain, but in perfect conditions 70mph is sloooowwwwww.

So regulated speed limits like the M25 everywhere?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

.Chris.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 06 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

In France the limit on the toll motorways automatically drops from 130 km/h to 110 km/h in bad weather. Not sure exactly what constitutes 'rain', 'bad weather' and all the rest of it though.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:16 - 07 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncrn wrote:
Big_Ham wrote:

So regulated speed limits like the M25 everywhere?

I didn't mean "regulated" like camera's everywhere, just put 60 up on the matrix things like they do in the fog and that. Thumbs Up and the rest of the time it's 90.

madmaca
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:35 - 07 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ever happened to the inquest into him using the images of a decapitated rider in publicity, without the consent of the family of the dead rider?

Surely he should have got the boot for that!?

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 15:12 - 07 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

a 40mph limit becaue he doesn't like the "all-pervading and incessant high-pitched whine of the motorbikes"

I suggest we send a load of 'peds up there with loud pipes on.. they'll all be doing under 40mph and be a helluva lot more "all pervading" and noisey than regular bikes Very Happy

a

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:51 - 07 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmaca wrote:
What ever happened to the inquest into him using the images of a decapitated rider in publicity, without the consent of the family of the dead rider?

Surely he should have got the boot for that!?
It did say in the link the decision(which his job bears on) was due ?at the end of the month? But the link don't work for me anymore, so can't say. In fact, MCN don't work. Confused

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:11 - 07 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmaca wrote:

If you google for it there is a link on the MCN web site:-

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2007/July/jul30-aug1/jul3107brunstromverdictdelayedagain/?&R=EPI-93159

although the MCN web site seems to be down.

But the bit brunstromverdictdelayedagain seems to give it away.

All the best

Keith

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 07 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
Chaps, take comfort in the fact he's a spineless tool, most likely knows it (hence his bitterness and resentment towards people who have a pair) and has yet to lose his virginity.

It's just a shame a total liability like that not only gets through the screening process but also makes it to a level of influence where he can impose his malice on other human beings.

Typical copper.

Shifty

Harold_Shand's theory might be the best explanation.

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:58 - 08 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
madmaca wrote:

If you google for it there is a link on the MCN web site:-

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2007/July/jul30-aug1/jul3107brunstromverdictdelayedagain/?&R=EPI-93159

although the MCN web site seems to be down.

But the bit brunstromverdictdelayedagain seems to give it away.

All the best

Keith
Problem lies here.

Regardless of how I search for it, (which I did, with 2 different search engines) the site being down will only bring the same result, but you know that.

Faldo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 08 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brunstrom just panders to the likes of MCN to get his name in the paper AGAIN, and MCN just keep playing his game.

I think that every time this retard comes out with a new "Idea", nobody bat an eyelid, nobody publicise it and he might realise that nobody gives a FCUK what he thinks.

None of his big plans come to fruition anyway, he's just an egomaniac.

Dunno if everyone here signed it but there was an electronic petition that was being sent to No10 asking for him to be sacked when he showed the pics of the deceased rider to the press, (Totally sick, with no forethought of the guys family, again just scaremongering). I can't remember the link for the petition but it was on MCN, but its still down at the moment.

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:01 - 08 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was here.. and was signed.

Faldo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:19 - 08 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
It was here.. and was signed.

Good! Hope he gets what he deserves! I don't know how he has managed to stay in this role for so long. I'm sick of hearing about him / his stupid ideas every week.

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:58 - 09 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

On reflection of my second to last comment, I was having a shite day and I seem to have come across as a sarcastic tw@. Sorry Keith.

super-duper-moto
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:04 - 10 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoND wrote:
Just ride up and down the road in 1st gear, see how well his speed limit stops the noise. Thumbs Up

I like your style.
Why is everything about rules and restrictions in this world? If it aint broke dont fix it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 266 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2