Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Forum track day

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 12:32 - 31 Aug 2002    Post subject: Forum track day Reply with quote

hi peeps im planning on going on a track day at brands hatch next march (birthday pes...thx mum:) ) and was woundering if any of you's fancy join in in, its £200 for 7hours at brands with 30mins racing each hour Smile, ohhh an due to a restricted lisence YES i will be riding my nsr
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:15 - 31 Aug 2002    Post subject: Re: Forum track day Reply with quote

errr.... I'm definatleyt interested (as my flate mate would be as well) *but* £200 is quite expensive... we were looking at something a bit cheaper (ie <£140ish). Though 3 1/2 hours riding is pretty good.

When were you looking at going?

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 23:55 - 01 Sep 2002    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

brands hatch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 01:06 - 02 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

brands hatch is great for me because

a) i worked there
b) i know some of the staff
c) its only 40 mins. and thats on the CB.

however 200 quid is a bit steep. i'll be well p for it seeing as i'll have the VFR by then.

would it be cheaper if we try and book the whole track and take loads of people then split the cost, than to pay to go on a normal trackday?

do we need to get race licences and other shiny things?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:25 - 02 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

For booking the whole track yes.... but if say it rains and people don't turn up who haven't payed then it becomes a bit of a nightmare for everybody else. It would have to be *very* well organised.

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 02 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have a proper bike, then Ill be up for a track day. £200 is a bit steep for someone on my wage though!

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 12:46 - 02 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

brands hatch?, ive never been outside manchester wheres that?!?!?!?!?, kiddin. although i know nothing about track days, ill have my leathers by then and only my 75 mph nsr:( but im still up 4 it!
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 17:39 - 02 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that you have already done your homework and found out whether they actually 125s on the track? Confused I know that some places don't...also, I assume that everyone is aware that they need a full license?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 08:55 - 03 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can take a 125 on the track - but a liscence is necessary

I was supposed to be going on a track day from the bike shop where I did my test and take my NSR (then I was going to get a go on a 400... ) but it never happened Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 10:50 - 03 Sep 2002    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

tin wrote:
I assume that you have already done your homework and found out whether they actually 125s on the track? Confused I know that some places don't...also, I assume that everyone is aware that they need a full license?

yep done the home work,
licence:- race licences are NOT acepted only a full valid road licence will be accepted(sorry no provisional).

if you are riding your own bike i.e R6 and you are on the "1a" licence (restricted to 33bhp) you must provide a valid restriction document to get on the track.

bikes:- all bikes are excepted, bikes must be in safe working order i.e "valid mot" to be riden on the track, if the bike is within 3 years old no mot is required although any major damage due to previous crashes i.e buckled wheel, head bearings missalined that may cause handling dificulties IS DOWN TO THE RIDER, only if there is noticable major damage that my cause an crash involving you and others will you not be allowed on the track.

JimboJ wrote:
i know nothing about track days, ill have my leathers by then and only my 75 mph nsr:( but im still up 4 it!

good mate the rules state:- all riders must bring suitable riding equipment with them. 1 piece race suits are recomended al though two peice leathers with a full waiste zip and double chest zip will also be accepted.
helmets:- The riders helmet MUST have a british motorsport sticker, and where available a double "D" ring chin strap.
gloves and boots should be in good working condition for your own safety.

there you go Wink only thing i hav'nt looked in to so far is insurance for the day, you dont need it, but if im gunna send my nsr sliding in to the gravel at 80mph i wont to no its gunna be repaired Laughing

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 11:04 - 03 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any noise restrictions?

Well...the lid situation already rules me out Confused...I've got 2 lids, and neither have ACU approval (or equivalent) or double D-ring fasteners...

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:09 - 03 Sep 2002    Post subject: Re: yes Reply with quote

craigT19 wrote:

two peice leathers with a full waiste zip and double chest zip will also be accepted.

double chest zip? Explain please. Confused

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 11:16 - 03 Sep 2002    Post subject: ..... Reply with quote

90% of motorcycle jackets have double zips,

this is just the zip thip that does the coat up..............well theres two of um, you do 1 up and then the other zips up over the other, its desighned to stop the zip being pulled apart and the coat opaning durung a crash

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:22 - 03 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

wank Sad

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 11:26 - 03 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it's 90% nowadays. Most race-style jackets I've looked at have the one zip.

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 11:47 - 03 Sep 2002    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

ok due to individual probs...........cough KRIS...............cough

ive found anouther organiser, this 1 is better as there baseed in surry so its fairly local Smile also they only charge £165 so that should please you also Smile

heres there url https://www.tracksense.co.uk/index.html

heres there rules very similar to the 1's aboveLICENCES

You must hold a valid road licence for the type of vehicle you will use. Provisional licences are not acceptable and motorcycle licences must be class A unrestricted, unless you are riding a machine which is restricted to 33hp, in which case, a restricted motorcycle licence is acceptable. At Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Cadwell Park and Snetterton you will be required to show your road licence before being allowed on circuit (race licences are not acceptable), so make sure you bring your licence with you. Restricted motorcycle licence holders will also have to show a certificate stating that the machine they will ride has been restricted to 33hp. Licence requirements do vary somewhat from circuit to circuit, so exceptions can sometimes be made in special circumstances - contact us for details.

CLOTHING

Riders &#8211; All riders must wear full leathers, either one-piece or two-piece fully zipped around the waistband, with suitable gloves, boots & a helmet approved to the ACU gold standard. If you are in the Novice (Steady) group you may wear a leather jacket & trousers zipped together at the back only or leather jacket with salopette (bib & brace) type trousers. They must, however, be of decent quality and designed for motorcycle use &#8211; don&#8217;t turn up in your fashion leather jeans or Harley style trousers with tassels and expect to get out on the track. This concession allows you to see if you like track riding without having to pay out for an expensive one-piece suit. However, if you intend to do a few more events, we would strongly recommend that you invest in race type leathers for your own safety. Nylon, waxed cotton, denim or similar clothing materials are not acceptable. Please note that that Simpson 'Star Wars' helmets and 'sparky' knee/toe sliders have been banned by the ACU and therefore cannot be used on any circuit.

GENERAL POINTS

The above regulations are really all you need to know for the time being, remaining details will be covered in the rider/driver briefing, but there is one final point, you must always drive clockwise around the circuit. A fairly obvious statement, but, if you drive the wrong way round, the circuit can fine you £500! So dont even think about stopping or going back for your mate whos run out of fuel leave it to the marshals. There is a similar fine for wilful damage of circuit property or equipment.

The consumption of alcohol or drugs is strictly forbidden.

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 12:22 - 03 Sep 2002    Post subject: ....... Reply with quote

https://web.ukonline.co.uk/andrew.parrott/tgr/circuitmaps/brandsindymap.gif

prediction Smile

alll go flying around the first bent flat out, down the hill but OUUPSSSS kris went in to hot (watches kris cart wheeling through the kitty litter), round graham hill well "but Wit" G takes a wide line taking 1st place from Zimm, zimma gets pissed tries to take position back by slipstreaming G in to surtees, get a good run side by side through maclaren but NO zimma hits the gas to quick, has a high side and takes him self and G out...................Craig wins MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 12:30 - 03 Sep 2002    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

sorry forgot about the bit where me, job and dodd stand on the podium soooaaaaaakkkkkiiiinnnnnng Viper and ann in bubbly Wink

G1_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:22 - 03 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that the shorter version of the course, which would you use for a track day...watch out that first corners a doozy Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 17:35 - 03 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok kids, heres how it works when you watch trackdays there for a fortnight:

everybodys crashes on clearways. they just do. it tightens up quick and you end up in the gravel. good to watch.

druids corner is the other slightly nasty one, but not too bad. the best corner is the chicane up on the long circuit, but that one shown is the short, normally that mclaren bit isn't used and you go up at surtees then back down to clearways. the long is about twice as long.

about the 33bhp. i'll have a "33 bhp" bike and restrictor kit, but the kit will be sitting on my garage floor. will they mind/check?

i assume we'll all be novices so i can use my normal leathers.

how much is it gonna cost? i'm hearing lots of numbers flying around and they all sound expensive.

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 18:54 - 03 Sep 2002    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

the web site i posted in the above post will do it for £165

tanner18
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:51 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like a fast track.
cadwell looks a lot mor demanding though thats were im going to do trackdays

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 11:54 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chillisauce

They have Mille racing for £150
Plus loads of other cool stuff:D My rents are gonna pay 4 one for my b'day \o/
Swat training methinks

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 16:47 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt minf going, have the leathers now Smile, have the bike, by then itll be over 33 i hope!
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 18:47 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo I believe you have an NSR??? Over 33bhp??? What you gonna do....NOS??? Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 216 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2