cdi unit

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 11 Sep 2002    Post subject: cdi unit Reply with quote

hey,

does anyone know a kind of ballpark figure for how much a new cdi unit will cost? and also, where do u get them from? i assume i just need this for an '02 NSR thats restricted but with no obvious restrictors in place?

No-one seems to know, its all a mystery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 23:28 - 11 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yours probly looking at around 2500

and the code name they are known as is VFR400

they do the job :)

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:30 - 11 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

wish it was that simple goose! unfortunately im still a baby biker, not done my test yet so still stuck to 125s, derestrictions the closest i can get til im confident enough to do my licence
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 23:36 - 11 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont mean to be rude man, but why dont you just be happy with the bike as it is, derestriction only means higher fuel and maintainence costs

to gain 10-15mph it isnt worth it

save yourself the money, enjoy the bike, learn its limits, build your confidence, and do your test, then say goodbye to the NSR and move on

from the moment you purchase anything mechanical, it starts to go wrong, its basically the law of chaos, and the more you fiddle with it, the higher you raise the possibility of it goin wrong, so just leave it

and think of all the people, like me stuck on a 50cc moped, with a full licence, and be thankful for what your NSR can do, instead of picking on its limits and what it fails on

regards

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 11 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i appreciate what your saying, but with a 0-60 time of around 11 secs and that included changing gear on the redline, just feels as slow as aslow can be! i get beaten by shit cage drivers and its sometmies embarassing! just dont like the general feeling of being derestricted! oh well, never know, may never find a cdi unit anyway!

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 11 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goose has a point.

You will also get more resale for a restricted bike than a deresricted bike

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 00:07 - 12 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

the NSR 125 was never gonna set any records to be honest was it?

sports bikes like that, are mainly about lookin good at 17, rather than performance, ideal for gettin used to a "real" bike without endangering yourself too much

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 00:10 - 12 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike, a honda mechanic i err **know** told me that not only are the cdi unitSSS restricted but an (i dont know name i think he said) RC serva??, anyways. i was quoted £100 for both by a salvage yard thingy, these guys n goons gave me the webbie, ask them
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:18 - 12 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've hear the RC thing mentioned before actually, I just get this feeling that trying to track these parts down are gonna be mission impossible!

Ropehead
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 11:07 - 12 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cdi unit and the RC servo work together, the cdi tells the servo when 2 open and close the powervalve, So that sound about right!

U might not be able to just replace them with uk spec! get the conectors checked out our take your bike down to the breakers fit it and try it out!

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 18:33 - 12 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

not really, post this in message forum "brakers webbie needed"
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you

FLASH
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:33 - 12 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the other day i found out how to deristriced a rs 125 cdi unit i was just wondering if the nsr was the same ? ? Rolling Eyes or if u could fool the cdi some way ? i dunno

HOLD ON------------>

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:27 - 14 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

just been told that unless i can find a cdi unit/rc servo from a breakers, my bike aint gonna be derestricted! honda will not release a new cdi unit, even if just a replacement is needed, without proof that the bike owner has a full bike licence. What a joke! seems to be a huge hassle to get it derestricted where as if i had a 2001 spec bike i could have derestricted it myself! oh well, back 2 searching 4 a bike breakers in london!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:30 - 14 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you not get some one (possibly some one on here?) who has their full licnece to oreder one for you?

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 14 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a quality idea G! if anyone could do that 4 me, i'd be eternally grateful! to be honest, money aint an issue either, just wanna get it done!

PostPosted: 18:52 - 14 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

geez matey you shoulda done the same as me!
order last years model i got one of the last ones kicking around a littl;e cheeper and still restricted like all the others.....
sorry to say this but gettin it sorted is gonna be imposible......honda won't help cos i spent 4 1/2 hours on the fone to various people about NSR restriction........... you can either try to get an UK CDI or open it up and play about........... wasn't some1 else going to play with their CDI Question Question
You must be logged in to rate posts

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 18:54 - 14 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I can try 4 u on Monday if u like. Let me know

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 14 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

demonic, i'd appreciate it so much if you could! i was also advised to try get one from abroad, as 2002 NSR's in certain european countries come derestricted as standard, just gotta find which countries do this!

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 14 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

what kinda details would you need btw?

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:54 - 16 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i been offered a cdi unit from an NSR for £35, I can only assume its desrestricted, if its from an older model NSR, eg, 2001 model, will it be ok to use?

If not, are there any kind caring souls (with a full licence) out there who are willing to give honda a call on my behalf an order a new derestricted cdi unit??

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 10:58 - 16 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikec106 wrote:

If not, are there any kind caring souls (with a full licence) out there who are willing to give honda a call on my behalf an order a new derestricted cdi unit??

I thought that Demonic alreasy offered his services? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:07 - 16 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

he did, but havent seen him on 'ere 4 a while! its so embarrassing, i was next to a gilera runner scooter at sum lights on the A13, not sure if it was 125 or 180, but i was flat out, redlining it in every gear, the scooter was full throttle too, we were neck and neck all the way (just like that game on the sega - Road Rash, anyone remember it..?) until i got to fifth gear when i slightly pulled ahead, but what a joke, cant even beat a scooter!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:24 - 16 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>just like that game on the sega - Road Rash, anyone remember it<<

So, did you beat the other bloke with a metal pole then ? Very Happy... then you'd have been quarenteed a 'win' Smile

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 11:33 - 16 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

...the chain was the best weapon...Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:37 - 16 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a little subtle kick and an outswung arm was enough Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 266 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2