BCF: Bike Chat Forums

400cc??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

moonym20
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 11:03 - 17 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was mainly refering to the speed...... it allowed me to get used to driving fast on windey roads.... it also helped me get used to the 'feel' of a slightly larger bike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 11:22 - 17 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 400 will help you with going fast on twisties and feel like a bigger bike (most are pretty small anyways).

I dunno G, I went on the NSR just before I sold it and it's sooo much lighter and just feels un-reliable. But fun!!!
Also I personally think the power delivery's pretty different. Loads more power lower down the revs and no real need to keep them particularly high. Unless, as with *most* bikes, you're trying to cain the crap outta it Very Happy

As for weight?? between the NSR and a 400?? Only about 80kg!!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:32 - 17 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dry weight of NSR (not NS)= about 132kg
Dry weight of zx6r= about 172kg(ish)

So about 40kg difference, most of the *sports* Smile 400s are around 160kg dry weight AFAIK.
SO that'd be a coupla decent steaks Very Happy

I find the riding position has a lot more effect than the weight... getting onto a Bandit 12 after my klr made the Bandit feel really light!

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 11:36 - 17 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 125 is completely different to a 400, its a LOT lighter and smaller. And i found the most significant difference was the engine braking on a 400. On a 125 you can shut the throttle off from full and it'll just coast, do that on a 400 and you get a nice jult, you've gotta be a lot smoother with the throttle. Also on a big 4stroke you can pull away with very little revs, you can't do that on a 2stroke, not without riding the clutch for a good distance. And then lastly there's the acceleration, its twice as good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 11:43 - 17 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah G, so ner Razz
We ride 400's no you, ner ner

zaknafien

PostPosted: 12:05 - 17 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and smaller.

i take it you havent seen an NSR and a VRF4 next to each other then?

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 12:07 - 17 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol! They're nearly the same, I think the NSR's a bit bigger. It's them little Japs you see

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:29 - 17 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

THe enigne braking yes, but as ^They^ said they're actually a similar size, though obviously the nsr is abit thinner (though the 'pril RS125 is a ctually pretty wide). It worried me when I was parked next to a blade (900cc) and noticed it wasn't significantly bigger than the NSR!
IF you wanna get a decent start you need to use the clutch, 125, 400 or 600.. on any of them you can pull away without it, but you'll get better acceleration with it... I'd say I use a similar techique for fast starts on the zx as I did on the NSR.... though on the zx it has the added bonus of helping to keep the front down.

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 20:01 - 17 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can get a CB400 honda for less than i pay for my nsr(insurance) and get a cheaper bike. is it worth buying a traditional or keep a 125 racer??
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:01 - 17 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definatley say go for an unfaired 400 over a 125 sports.

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 18:11 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

But dont forget the main thing you learn when you first get on the road. How to ride on the road. Things like defensive riding etc.

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 21:33 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

wat about a goose? i hear they are quite good(btw, i dont want a review of goose himself as he is likely to be biased)
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 21:50 - 18 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm

i think there has been some confusion

for the benefit of jim Smile

https://www.wildgoose.5u.com/tompissed.jpg <-----Wild Goose

https://www.xenaverse.free-online.co.uk/goose/images/biked.jpg <-----Suzuki Goose

currently the Wild one is not in a relationship with teh Suzuki one (i.e. i dont ride one or know anything about it)
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

G1_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 19 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd love a goose (NOT the wild kind Evil or Very Mad )
you get a very nice bike for the money. cheap insurence too
https://www.xenaverse.free-online.co.uk/goose/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 223 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2