Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

First time project on fightered ZXR750

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

equuleus
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:39 - 08 Aug 2007    Post subject: First time project on fightered ZXR750 Reply with quote

Hi, first time postin on a forum so if i mess up please be gentle with me. Laughing

I bought a couple of bikes off my bro before he emigrated, one of which is a ZXR750 that has been modded. Now it looks ok and runs great but the thing is ...... it still feels like its my bro's bike. I want to re-mod it and make it feel like its MINE. I've not got much experience with the whole modding thing and hope some of you will give me a few pointers for me to see if I'm out of my depth or not.

Some of the things I want to do are:

1. Change the seating to solo (theres a cowl covering the pillion at the mo). I've seen the kits i can buy to do this but would there be much work to do on the seating frame, i'm assuming i would have to remove the end section under the pillion seat to accomodate the shorter solo seat panelling??

2. Change the swing arm for a custom one. . . . . is this difficult or straight forward??

3. Have some of the Aluminium parts anodized. I've seen some anodizing kits going for about £100. Are they any good or would it be better/cheaper to send em off to be done??

4. Re-spray, I've done a bit in the past so i'm not too worried about that although I would like some tips for spraying on plastic. I think my choice of paint will be acrylic ethylene.

5. I want to replace the headlights with something a bit more streetfighterish. A few days ago a pheasant decided to fly into the ones that are on at 80mph resulting in bent brackets, broken glass, a fair bit of blood, snot and feathers and a skid mark (in my pants). I've straightened the brackets but can't get replacement glass for love nor money, not even on ebay, so ive decided to change em.

6. I wanna change the brake and clutch reservoirs if poss for better lookin ones, has anyone heard of or seen any custom ones??

Any thoughts/tips would be most appreciated.

Cheers.....Andy.

P.S. Hope i've posted this in the right place, if i haven't.....my apologies

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:54 - 18 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

that looks cool Thumbs Up what seat unit you thinking of? If you buy a seat unit that you like, with the subframe from the bike it's off, you can then have a play with the subframes and frankenstein it on there. A standard solo seat unit should bolt straight on.

Try a bike-specific forum for exact details on things.

I've got a 916 swinger, hub, axle and rear wheel for sale if you cancy a single-sided rear end Very Happy

Cool bike, and good luck with the modding Thumbs Up

Jack
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jamie S
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:57 - 18 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooooooooooo.................. Now that IS NICE !!!
Thumbs Up

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:39 - 18 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side on shot does look pretty sexy, as Jack said, google for a specific forum and pick their brains, and post pics too.

hmmmnz
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:38 - 21 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good, i think we are in a minority with fightered zxr's
not many people seem to do them Very Happy
good luck with it, and keep us posted
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 254 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1