Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 17:01 - 19 Sep 2002    Post subject: Phones Reply with quote

What network,
What contract,
What Phone,

the reason being: O2 pissed me about, they said 5-7 working days were now in the eleventh, i phoned em up and the woman said, oh were having a problem with our delivery agent. BULLSHIT. i am going on a business trip 2morrow till saturday(bastard) and needed that phone so i told em st stick it where the sun dont shine. they then rang back and offered me the phone free, only problem was they overcharged me the previous two months on my bill so it was free anyway. anyway enough of me moaning. give us some advice
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 17:14 - 19 Sep 2002    Post subject: Re: Phones Reply with quote

What network - Virgin Mobile
What contract - Pay As I Go (top up with credit card)
What Phone - An old Nokia 3210

I don't use my mobile very much, so on this contract it doesn't cost me a bean if I don't use it. Old phone so I don't care if I lose it/break it/get it stolen.

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 17:16 - 19 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

but i would have to have an extra bag for that moby, that network is poor and i want a contract
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 17:21 - 19 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shrugs*

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 17:25 - 19 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

well going on the response you just gave Evil Bendy it seems you already know what you want in a mobile so i dont see why ya need to ask, however i recommend Orange.

Ive had one2one (T-mobile), Vodafone, BT Cellnet(O2) basically in my time ive had a contract with each of the networks... the best of the lot is Orange by a long shot, i would also recommend an Ericsson handset currently i have a T68 wouldnt change it for any other phone at the moment. Oh and as far as contracts go, get a tarrif that suits you they have loads of different ones available and if you go in a shop and talk to someone they will tell you which would work out cheapest for you.
GOOD LUCK!! Laughing

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 17:50 - 19 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

its just i know i dont want virgin cos everyone says its shite, and i dont want a phone the size of my arm

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:23 - 19 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as eb, but mortorola v3690

And I like Virgin.

*did* have a Sl45 Sad

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 18:25 - 19 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

o2 just rang back, offered me a 6310 or a 8310 and £10 a month instead of £20 for 5 months

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 18:26 - 19 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

virgin = one2one = tMobile - they're all using the same backbone. Virgin's just a reseller.

cjp343
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:16 - 19 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virgin is a virtual network on t-mobile they use the same infrastructure, systems etc but some people say they are better which obviously cant be the case

Im on t-mobile with a Nokia 7650 and cant complain at all, the picture msging is pretty darn handy 2

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:22 - 19 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my experience, Orange seems the best. Best coverage, best customer service

MarsBar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:41 - 19 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what you're all saying about virgin and t-mobile.

The only difference between virgin and t-mobile is that if the network is really busy, then t-mobile's customers get priority over virgin customers. So if the network is busy and you trying to send an important text msg on a virgin mobile, then it could take hours to get delivered.

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 21:38 - 19 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

im on virgin

with a C45 mob, which i wouldnt recommend, cos its so slow to do everything, but it functions so bollocks to gettin another

virgin is attractive, cos its cheap and easy to set up, you just walk in to a virgin megastore, pick up a box with a phone in and your away, no registering or anything is necessary, virgin runs of the one2one network, t mobile whatever it is now, which isnt the best for coverage you will often find yourself without reception
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

zaknafien

PostPosted: 06:17 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virgin Mobile
Pay As You Go
Nokia 3310

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 08:16 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

is every fucker on virgin??(no offence i just wanted a bit of variety)

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 09:10 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on Virgin (great and cheap, best customer services of the lot) But I'm generally on Singlepoint/Vodafone. They have the best tariffs IMO and the coverage is about the best (Though they're all pretty much the same now)
I got the T100 for £20 after getting my SL45 nicked at BdB:(
I pay £11.99 a month for 50 texts (plus another 50 for 6 months) and 600 off peak minutes. My bills are usually about £30.
My Bro. is on Genie and they were wicked. £20 a month for unlimited free texts. That's now changed for new customers to 600 methinks. Depends on your usage

MarsBar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:01 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orange really fkd me off coz they wouldn't bar prank calls from my phone without me going down the cop shop to get a crime number. Fk that!!! I just bought a new t-mobile sim card and told 'em to shove it. Twisted Evil

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends largely on who your calling too. If most the people you call are on t-mobile, it makes sense to get a t-moble contract. But t-mobile do that everyone 150 at the moment which is 150 mins free to any network, but its up 2 u. Regarding a phone, I got an Ericsson t68i, can't fault it mate, go 4 that or the Nokia 7650, picture messaging is the way to go

G1_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:40 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

every1 always seems to overlook vodafone. they tend to cost a bit more cos they skimp on the promotions, but they have the best coverage by far...i always seem to have coverage when my mates dont.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 10:50 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on voda and so are most of my family. I got one of the best deals and the T100. If I need to call anyone else I use the work phone or get a landline:D

IMHO Picture messaging won't really take off for a while. You can say a lot more in a text. How do you tell someone when to meet, or how your day was, or that you love them with a picture?? It's why written languages developed from pictures Very Happy

Wingchunal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:10 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im on virgin too Very Happy i mostly text so its cheap, ive got one of those 8210 crud thingys rushed out and brought it when they first come out DOH pile of crud battery runs out in half a day!
Im due a new mobile, i need money 1st Sad

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 14:00 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjp343 wrote:
Virgin is a virtual network on t-mobile they use the same infrastructure, systems etc but some people say they are better which obviously cant be the case

Im on t-mobile with a Nokia 7650 and cant complain at all, the picture msging is pretty darn handy 2

Well actully t-mobile gives network priority to its own contract customers followed closley by everyone else, so when people say there is a diffefence in service it could in fact be true.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orange all the way.

Never had a bad signal and never had any problems Razz

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 16:42 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonic69 wrote:
I'm on voda and so are most of my family. I got one of the best deals and the T100. If I need to call anyone else I use the work phone or get a landline:D

IMHO Picture messaging won't really take off for a while. You can say a lot more in a text. How do you tell someone when to meet, or how your day was, or that you love them with a picture?? It's why written languages developed from pictures Very Happy

Isn't a picture worth a thousand words? Laughing

I just got a Nokia 6510, which I highly recommend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 16:49 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

O2 lost my order Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 221 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2