BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mixing oils?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

MarsBar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:27 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Mixing oils? Reply with quote

What are the facts here? I always try to use the same 100% fully synth 2-stroke oil every time I have to fill her up. That Motul Green smelly stuff. However, is it ok to mix other good makes of 100% fully synth oils together. And is it that if you mix fully synth with semi synth the oil will curdle?

PostPosted: 17:27 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always use Silkolene pro 2 racing stuff 12quid a litre, damn good,bt as it was mixed with the remainder of the regular fully synth stuff fromwhen i brought the bike i found it doesnt really mix, as the better stuff sinks , then once tat gets used you notice it going back on to the lesser stuff, so i would say it doesnt really matter to much but you want to really gte rid of the lesser oil and only use the one type at a time.
You must be logged in to rate posts

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 21:29 - 21 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt think it would cause any damage to the bike, well ive mixed fully synth and semi-synth before without problems. It wont cause any problems if you mix 2 different makes of fully synth either.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSRboi
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 14:26 - 24 Sep 2002    Post subject: Oil Reply with quote

The dealer had the Honda standard 2 stroke oil in my bike, I allowed it to run down then added Silkolene Comp 2. As the guy said in the previous post, it is marvellous stuff. Tho I bought mine for £9.50.

The Honda engineer said either Siloklene Comp 2 or Castrol TTS is the best for the NSR.

I had no problems with mixing, and now its running on the silkolene Comp 2 its 100%, and my spark is so much cleaner during servicing its unreal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 210 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1