Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

they're not ALL bad

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 19:05 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: they're not ALL bad Reply with quote

just a thought... car drivers seem to get a pretty universal pasting on here, but lets not forget the nice ones

like the 3 who shoved over a bit on the gridlocked shepherds bush slip to make it easier for us to get up the middle

(that was my *nice* post for the day)

Twisted Evil

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 19:06 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

but did you thank them, grrr wanker bikers Laughing
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 19:07 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

but did you thank them, grrr wanker bikers Laughing
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 19:07 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry pc f*cked up

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 19:11 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did actually - i always try to be nice to drivers who are nice to me. don't want them thinking we're all ungrateful wankers, do we? Cool

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 19:17 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always thank, altho they never thanked me

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 19:44 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i almost always get thanked if I let someone out or whatever. and if they dont thank me, I cut them up further down the road.

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 21:04 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah same, i always give nice drivers the thumbs up

cant cut them up though, you need acceleration to do that, i dont have any past 20 mph Smile
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thank a good driver, like someone who lets in when you're stuck at a junction or moves over to the left so u can overtake immediately. I always try and be nice to car drivers too, in the hope that they might do something good for me some day!

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 22:26 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signal to ALL car drivers I overtake....... Wink

Those who are nice and shift over get a thankyou wave.... those I have to force my way past get a waved fist and an evil glare Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:00 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wave to all car drivers that let me in/pull over, whether they were being intentionally nice or not Smile

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 23:10 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nod drivers who let me out of a turning, and give a hand to *most* drivers that pull aside when im overtaking. But then drivers who pull aside so far that they almost mount the verge don't get aknowledgment (pratts).

I was fuming last weekend I pulled onto the main road a good distance in front of a car, was upto speed and doin 60 and the cunt overtook me on the inside (didnt see him as I didnt have left mirror), I ended up chasing him and passing a police bike at about 95mph Laughing got his plate down and then got told i needed a witness when i reported him for dangerous driving.

Wingchunal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:02 - 21 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never know if car driver's are being polite by moving in a bit or just dodgy driving. Im still getting used to overtaking in small gaps, i always think my bike's wider than it is Laughing

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 00:14 - 21 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thank nic drivers as well - specially if i cut in front of them when im filtering.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 06:34 - 21 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i give a nod if they let me out at a junction and a wave if they pull over a bit to let me get past easier.

if they dont pull over or be nice they usually get a shaken fist and muffled abuse from under my helmet.

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 09:01 - 23 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it when they panic. They see you filtering in their mirrors and lob the car sideways Very Happy Always a good giggle on the way to work.
I wave to all drivers who I cut up when I'mn getting back into lane after filtering. It's only polite. Saw a guy on an R1 bollocking some bloke on the M1. We were gridlocked cuz it was closed off and I guess the car driver was too close to the white line. Found myself doing the same this morning as a twat in a Mazda saw me and pulled over, in my way.

MarsBar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:13 - 23 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always give a wave to drivers who let me in when traffic hopping or the v's when they do something really stupid (which is quite often). I think car drivers should be forced to do the theory side of a CBT to give them an idea of how we ride. That's the problem with most car drivers, coz they assume that bikers should ride like car drivers drive. It's completely different!!!! Rolling Eyes

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 09:48 - 23 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd beep at more, but my horn don't work Sad

A Rhino with a broken horn.... Crying or Very sad

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:42 - 23 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find bouncing the zx off the rev limiter and backfiring usually get's people's attention.. especially if you do it next to an open windo when thy're trying to talk on a mobile Twisted Evil

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 10:44 - 23 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm gonna try the kill switch method Twisted Evil

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:45 - 23 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need a race can really, if you've got a catalytic convertor then don't 'cos it'll knacker it.

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 10:45 - 23 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno if I do??

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 15:19 - 23 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

using the killswitch to make your bike backfire will fuck the baffles in your exhaust and more importantly your engine if you keep doin it.

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 15:30 - 23 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

"using the killswitch to make your bike backfire will fuck the baffles in your exhaust and more importantly your engine if you keep doin it."

yeah right.. and doing wheelies will knacker the forks Wink Laughing

nah seriously tho, doing backfires doesn't really ruin the can too much, but apparantly it can put the valves out a bit... buuutttt, fuck it eh valves can be replaced Very Happy hehehe

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:01 - 23 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, what ^he^ said.... if I was goinna ride around slowly and quitley everywhere I would've got a reliable car... I got a fairly expensive fastish sportsbike so I could enjoy myself... therefore I expect to incur the costs that go with the fun.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 214 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2