Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

wadda ya think ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dax
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:37 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: wadda ya think ? Reply with quote

https://www.imagemagician.com/images/spook/i-1_B_L.jpg
https://www.imagemagician.com/images/spook/i-2_B_L.jpg

sellers quote :
"THIS HONDA VFR 400 HASENT BEEN IN USE FOR APPROX 12MNTHS. THE BIKE IS A D REG IT IS IN RELATIVLY GOOD ORDER WITH GOODRIDGE HOSES FITTED IT WILL NEED VERY SLIGHT ATTENTION TO THE BRAKES FOR AN MOT. THERE IS ALSO A DENT IN THE PETROL TANK. IT IS NOW RE-ADVERTISED DUE TO BEING MESSED ABOUT BY A ZERO RATED BIDDER"

£600 so far (on ebay) Twisted Evil

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 23:02 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks very clean, aside from the dent, I personally wouldn't wanna buy a bike of that age without being able to have a good look at it.

Are you doing direct access then? coz you'll need a full licence to ride that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarsBar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 20 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice mate!! That's what I'm looking to buy when I've done my D.A.S. Laughing

Like Pheonix says, go check it out before you bid!!!!

zaknafien

PostPosted: 06:30 - 21 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you doing direct access then? coz you'll need a full licence to ride that.

you can ride that on a restricted licence just need some restrictors like my cat is gonna be fitted with (honest officer they were there last time i checked!)

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 10:17 - 21 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks clean, and like someone has spent some money on it with a respray and redoing the wheels (there is no way they would be that clean and white after 15 years without being repainted)

All the best

Keith

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 10:46 - 21 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw that as well. I woulda bid on it if I had the cash. Oh, and the license Confused

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 14:08 - 21 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaknafien wrote:

you can ride that on a restricted licence just need some restrictors like my cat is gonna be fitted with (honest officer they were there last time i checked!)

Dax has already said he's never had a bike before, its highly unlikely if he's under 21 that he'd do a CBT then instantly a restricted licence test, if he did it aint likely he'd pass. So therefore the only logical alternative route would be direct access if he's over 21.

And a restricted license IS a full license thank you very much, its just got a 2 yr restriction b4 it's lifted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dax
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:48 - 21 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm looking at it as more of an investment for the future as i wouldn't be able to ride it until i pass my (restricted) test, which i'm afraid won't be for a few months. Mr. Green

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 15:06 - 21 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, but I know I couldn't have that sitting in my garage without being able to ride it, it'd drive me crazy. I had my FZR sitting around for about a month before I rode it out properly, was a nightmare.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 17:03 - 21 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

its an Nc 24 like mine, and looks good, so its a good price. dont pay over 900 quid for it, and check it out if you are a serious bidder. Listen for any engine probs, because VFRs have strong engines and if it sounds a bit dodgy, keep away.

oh also insurance is an arsehole cos its an import, so check you can afford that first. it might work out cheaper for you to get an old CBR6.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 222 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1