Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

NO MORE CARNELLS/CITY!!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 22 Sep 2002    Post subject: NO MORE CARNELLS/CITY!!! Reply with quote

Carnells/City are going down.... Very Happy

4 branches were shut in london on tuesday and more are going!!!

LOVELY!

Laughing
Cool
Twisted Evil

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 16:25 - 22 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean a BIG SALE ?

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 16:34 - 22 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err...not quite...to quote from their website:

Quote:

Carnell/Motorcycle City unveil new Strategy

Carnell/Motorcycle City has announced today that following a lengthy review of the business the decision has been taken to close five retail businesses in London: Ilford, Vauxhall, Camberwell Road, Seven Sisters and West London today, 17 September 2002.

There should be minimal disruption to our customers and anyone who has a service or repair booked in at any of those sites will be contacted by the team to confirm where and when work on their bike will be completed although it is anticipated that all work will be completed at the stores as planned.

All orders for bikes, clothing, parts and accessories will be honoured and deposits are totally safe. Again any customers with outstanding orders will also be contacted to arrange collection at the site where they made their order or at another Carnell or Motorcycle City at their convenience.

Your nearest alternative Carnell/Motorcycle City is listed below:

Seven Sisters to Enfield
Your nearest Carnell/Motorcycle City is 2 Lockfield Ave, Brimsdown, Enfield. 0208 443 1333

Ilford to Enfield
Your nearest Carnell/Motorcycle City is 2 Lockfield Ave, Brimsdown, Enfield. 0208 443 1333

West London to Bedfont
Your nearest Carnell/Motorcycle City is 533-537 Staines Road, Bedfont. 0208 751 8888

Camberwell Road to Clapham
Your nearest Carnell/Motorcycle City is 30-32 Clapham High Street, Clapham, London. 0207 720 6072

Vauxhall to Clapham
Your nearest Carnell/Motorcycle City is 30-32 Clapham High Street, Clapham, London. 0207 720 6072

Managing Director Mark Smithson said: "The store closures are just part of a brand new retail strategy. Closing stores is always the last resort for any business but after a thorough review over the last four months, the closures were deemed necessary. We will retain larger format multi-franchise stores in and around London who can adequately service our customers. In recent years, London has proved an extremely difficult trading location with too many bike retailers in a saturated market. Coupled with a buoyant property market in the area, the cost of developing the multi-franchise superstore format, which form our core business, would not be commercially viable. Choice, behind price, remains the second reason our customers tell us they visit our stores and we will be keeping the multi-franchise format."

Plans also include a restructure of the regional management team giving greater control at local level, a focus on multi-franchise outlets and therefore the end of the relationship with Honda, a brand new marketing campaign and re-brand to be launched next month and the increased development of the online offer which will see a massive overhaul of the mail order business and the focus moving away from the telesales based Big Bike Book.

He added: "On-going significant customer service has been down to attracting and retaining a large number of quality team members needed for our stores, which has proved difficult for our London sites due to the high level of employment opportunities in the South. We have been able to offer redeployment opportunities for the teams within other areas of the business."

Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:34 - 22 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope only dodgy 1s, the liqidator owns everyting, and the bikes will be auctioned in a big batch!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:45 - 22 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one in Reading was having a nice sale in August... actually, who cares about that? Rolling Eyes

Thier big bike book is good, as it has tons of kits/ stuff in it which is good to droll over Laughing

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:50 - 22 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i spoke to one of the guys that works down there, that used to work with me and he says eventually they will become like MandP and only have mail order and a few shops!

tj

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:52 - 22 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

shame :p

They are far too expensive imho

Viper
Get off my bloody bike!

PostPosted: 20:06 - 22 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

tin wrote:
Carnell/Motorcycle City has announced today that following a lengthy review of the business the decision has been taken to close five retail businesses in London: Ilford, Vauxhall, Camberwell Road, Seven Sisters and West London today, 17 September 2002.

Bugger! Sad Thats my nearest bike shop in london Sad
...and the is (was) a nice hunky guy working there Crying or Very sad
Bugger!

tin wrote:

Bugger! Sad That was the only other convinent one that i used as well!

......Rolling Eyes Bloody typical! ... Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 20:08 - 22 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sowwy V...Neutral

Very Happy

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 20:09 - 22 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing cheap about carnells is the 2stroke oil Cool and shops arent closing near me, theyre currently employing people
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ropehead
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:56 - 22 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get TRADE price there Laughing Laughing :lLaughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ol: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :lol:lol: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing : Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :lol:LOL Laughing :lol:ol: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :lol:lol: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing : Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :lollol: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :HAHAHAHlol: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :lol:lol: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing : Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :loHAHAl: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :lol:lol: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing : Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :lol:ol: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :lol:lol: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing : Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:15 - 23 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get trade price on anything todo with motorbikes including bikes at trade price!!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:10 - 23 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just use it as an excuse to come to Reading and 're-affirm' your discount status V Wink

Viper
Get off my bloody bike!

PostPosted: 11:30 - 24 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ermmmmm.....Confused
I was hoping to avoid going back to Reading m/c City for a while Confused
...in the chance that a certain someone would forget Rolling Eyes about that little promise i made! Confused

...bugger! Sad

Vx

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 13:38 - 24 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

promise?
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:42 - 24 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

sexual favours?

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 19:46 - 24 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

you kids...Rolling Eyes

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:03 - 24 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kids... pah. you're just jealous, old man!

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 21:26 - 24 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ NSR wrote:
i get trade price on anything todo with motorbikes including bikes at trade price!!!!!

Like, umm, restrictor certificates? Laughing

Viper
Get off my bloody bike!

PostPosted: 15:28 - 25 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doddmaster wrote:
sexual favours?

I sort of promised to go out for a drink with one of the ugly dumb-fucker blokes that works there.
I only agreed, coz he always gives me a 20% discount on everything i buy. Very Happy

I had to agree, otherwise my discount might dissapear. ...Confused

But i really dont want to go for the drink! Sad

...But i really dont want to lose my discount! Sad

Confused Ekkk! .....whats a girl supposed to do! Confused

Sad Vx

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 15:30 - 25 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viper wrote:

Confused Ekkk! .....whats a girl supposed to do! Confused

Sad Vx

Bring G along Very Happy...you didn't say that it had to be just you and the "ugly dumb-fucker"...Laughing

Viper
Get off my bloody bike!

PostPosted: 15:51 - 25 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Hmmmm.....
But i think that may interfere with my "discount retaining" chances too! Confused Confused

Vx

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 15:59 - 25 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find that gay bloke you 'overheard' t'other night and intorduce the MC city bloke... 'here's some one I'd like you to meet.... I think you're just made for each other' Very Happy
.. that may also lose your discount though Confused
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 219 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1