BCF: Bike Chat Forums

NC29 Tidy up

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 19:56 - 17 Aug 2007    Post subject: NC29 Tidy up Reply with quote

I hate to admit it but I had a low side a couple of months ago (about a month into my riding). The bike was only off the road for 3 weeks then I made do for the past month or two riding it naked. Until Now.
Unfortunately its back off the road now for a couple of weeks because the fairings are off for spraying, and I need new chain and sprockets (which are the their way) and a new clutch kit.

Ok, so going back to the start. The 29 looked like so.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/binge/cbr41.jpg

The obviously bike vs concrete isn't a good combination. Clip on snapped off, fairings were grazed and pulled off, and the screen was smashed.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/binge/DSC00095-1.jpg

So the strip down began. I got all the broken bits off, ordered the new screen and brace up. And spoke to a panel maker who got cracking on a new set of fairings for me.

The screen etc arrived before the fairings, So the 29 was ridden like so:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/binge/DSC00342.jpg

Just made it slightly more comfortable at 100+, although the handling was still greatly affected and it liked to tank slap alot. Confused

Tyres got thin, Exhaust then rusted and broke and the bike got ran into the ground a bit. So I took the 29 off the road to give it a good going over.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/binge/DSC00045.jpg

Got the new tyres on, made a new header pipe out of car exhaust at work and LOADS of oxy/acc welding. The bike was temporally back on the road.

I went for a ride out to Brands hatch when the WSB was on, Still without the fairings.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/binge/DSC00072.jpg

Finally the fairings arrived, but sadly the wrong colour. Although the tank was still dented and the rear end was still scraped up, So it wasn't too much of a personal issue.

I decided to keep the fairings on until I got my spare tank back from a local sprayer so I could get a proper paint code so the fairings could be re-sprayed to match the tank.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/binge/DSC00076-1.jpg

The tank arrived today, So I stripped the 29 back down, got the fairing boxed up and is ready to be sent back for spraying up properly. When it returns Dave will have made me a matching 1 piece belly panel too.

Heres my lovely Tank.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/binge/DSC00126.jpg

Bought myself a new set of headers too as the welded ones did look shite.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/binge/DSC00127.jpg

Heres the 29 as it stands now. Once the fairings are back, the rear subframe should have been changed for an R1 one, and the R1 rear fairings should be here and ready for spraying up in the same blue.

Its slowly coming together.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/binge/DSC00129.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

rezzin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 17 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike next to yours a Hayabusa by anychance? if im wrong im such a c*nt Laughing Your bikes gorgeous mate. Thumbs Up

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 21:41 - 17 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

rezzin wrote:
Bike next to yours a Hayabusa by anychance? if im wrong im such a c*nt Laughing Your bikes gorgeous mate. Thumbs Up

Thats my dads busa yeh. I rode it the other week. Stupidly powerful. I was pulling out of a roundabout in 3rd, Probably doing no more than 20mph. Started to open it up in 3rd and the front wheel wanted to come up under power! Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

neatbik
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:54 - 18 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely bike mate, ive got a bit of a soft spot for nc29's Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Aikman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 18 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've done a great job Bingey! Thumbs Up Absolute shame about the lowside though. I gotta say without the front inspection panels on the front end really resembles the speed triple! I rode mine around without anything on the frontend (no screen, no mirrors), and you REALLY needed to tuck in at 100. Loving the exhaust on it too, how does it sound? Most of the aftermarked exhausts ive seen for the CBR's sound extremely tinny compared to the standard. Good job mate, and good luck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 18 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

riding over confident? should really let yourself know the bike before attempting knee down one handers lol like in your avatar, any way forget that, glad your ok and the bikes ok. take care mate, you might not be so lucky next time.

Haz ER-5, innit!

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:00 - 18 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riding over confident happens to be the best way to get to know your limits.

Looks so hurt in that top pic binge, made me cringe Laughing Glad it's coming together now, I gotta get me one some time. Razz

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 18:12 - 18 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt really call it riding over confident as I felt well within my riding limits when I lost it.

Looking back at photos of the scene, The roundabout was actually quite gravely so all we can put it down to is shite on the road really.

Heres an Idea of what happened.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/binge/crash.jpg

Anyway, the crash was ages ago. Ive just decided to bring it up now because the bike is almost fixed.
My riding style has certainly changed since the spill though. Not only am I more aware of what is possible, I actually feel more confident on the bike as I know its limits now. Thumbs Up

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:53 - 18 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happens, you get to know where not to go wrong next time. Did you have time for a superman pose while cruising through the air? Laughing

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 23:21 - 18 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
Did you have time for a superman pose while cruising through the air? Laughing

No but I had time to direct myself at 30mph between a lamp post and a sign post which are about 5 feet apart! Laughing

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:49 - 18 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Cool

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 13:10 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologize for the lame Photo shop attempt. Just knocked this up though. Its the look im trying to achieve. Just got to find room to route the link pipe to the seat unit for the exhaust.

I know all the "Work" for the running of the engine is done in the header pipes and not so much the end can. If I was to use Flexible exhaust pipe (Not the "Flexi pipe" on a car, more like spring pipe) to link the very end of my current Exhaust pipe work when it would usually go into the end can. And route it up to the underseat and into an end can, Would this fuck up the running of the engine?

R1 tail and R1 style front fender (With the fork Legs)

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/binge/R1tailCBR.jpg

Aikman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:23 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the tail peice bingey but I dont like the new front fender! As for your link section, yeah your right its generally just the headers that acctually matter, what I would suggest is 'sectioning' yourself a new exhaust, just make it out of sections of measured SS pipe, it wont look terribly pretty but it will be rock solid!

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:25 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty sweet, but that old 29 rear end is what makes it a 29 IMO. Cool

Handsome
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Binge that's a seriously Nice bike mate...Very Envious... Thumbs Up

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 14:02 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSR-AD wrote:
Binge that's was seriously Nice bike mate...Very Envious... Thumbs Up

Corrected for accuracy. Laughing

Dam_buster
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:17 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

binge wrote:
NSR-AD wrote:
Binge that's was A seriously Nice bike mate...Very Envious... Thumbs Up

corrected again... Laughing

i love the way you have rebuilt that rear wheel too! doesn't look like it had a pipe in front of it! Thumbs Up bet that took some patience!

Handsome
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:50 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL...Sorry

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:45 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

binge wrote:
NSR-AD wrote:
Binge that's was A seriously Nice bike mate...Very Envious... Thumbs Up

Highlighted for absolute accuracy. Laughing

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 19:02 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
Binge, that was a seriously nice bike mate. Very envious.Thumbs Up

Well, if you want to be anal about it. Laughing

Handsome
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:04 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Capitals to add effect... Laughing

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:10 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep it original, sells better, plus your mixing yam with honda, not right Confused i love the blades the way they are if anything i'd put a nc29 tail on my fzr Very Happy

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 19:37 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

binge wrote:
If I was to use Flexible exhaust pipe (Not the "Flexi pipe" on a car, more like spring pipe) to link the very end of my current Exhaust pipe work when it would usually go into the end can.

Likely to have some effect. All the lengths are important to an extent (although the down pipes themselves the most important bit), and also the widths (too wide compared to the flow and you loose the effect of the tuned lengths).

As to the R1 seat unit, don't think it suits the rest of the fairings. Sorry

All the best

Keith

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:49 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

binge wrote:
st3v3 wrote:
Binge, that was a seriously nice bike mate. Very envious.Thumbs Up

Well, if you want to be anal about it. Laughing
Yes, but capital's starting every word isn't quite correct grammer. Plus keith's right.

Messy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:58 - 19 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it mate, the more i look at the NC29's and 30's the more i like them.

Seriously considering one, you seem to get a hell of a bang for your buck
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 257 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2