Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Say it isn't so!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:52 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Say it isn't so!! Reply with quote

Ok, now heres the biggest joke of all......

Called Honda Uk, tried to order a new CDI unit from them, heres their response....

'After speaking to head office, all our 2002 spec NSR 125s are sold with full power. You cannot get a CDI unit from ourselves as we do not do them. If you have been offered an aftermarket unit, we advise you do not use this as it ruins your warranty'

In a nutshell, they reckon all 2002 NSRs are not restricted, they are on full power! Please say this can't be true!?! Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarsBar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:09 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem lies in there head office.. where they employ people who know fuck all about bikes or the bikes they sell (paperwork people). What they said is not true, because all 125cc bikes sold from new in the UK must be restricted to below 14.4hp. The UK spec NSR125 is around 12hp restricted.

tanner18
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:14 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard that 2002 onwards nsr's were un de restrictable . it was on a post on this site.

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 10:27 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

<paranoid rant>
its all part of honda's masterplan.. if they make them un-derestrictable then noone will buy them cos they will be shit, which is good cos honda need an excuse to stop making them soon because of all them strange "law" things that are coming into play sometime in the future that say something about emmisions Smile and well lets face it, 2 strokes have high emissions Smile the government are coming for j00 RUN!
</paranoid rant>

Laughing

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:31 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

its such a joke, the bike feels so restricted! feels so slow! no1 seems to have any aftermarket stuff and breakers have nothing, seems to be something everyone is steering well clear of! I should have bought the 2001 spec, then i could have fully derestricted it. Just seems like a big joke!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 10:37 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike - I'll bet they are restricted in the exact same way as every other NSR from 1993 onwards. Why would Honda spend money developing a new restriction scheme when the current one works perfectly. Especially as they've changed nothing else on the bike.

Have you check your exhaust and intake manifolds for restrictor discs? The whole CDI thing is a myth and only affects foreign import bikes, all UK ones have never needed the CDI changing.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:54 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if the bike was meant for another market and is restricted like some of the bikes from countries like Finland etc. We're always getting them post on here saying their 2001 bikes are restricted in different ways...

Confused

Actually I agree with Zim. Razz Rightio...no more Honda's for me Very Happy

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

korn, i took my bike in originally to take out all the common restrictors and the mechanics came back puzzled, saying they do derestrictions all day, but the common restrictors usually in place were not there, which could only mean a new cdi, which is what started all this off in the 1st place!!

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 12:02 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look for yourself. When it comes to de-restrictions most Honda mechanics seem to have about 0.000023 of a clue of how it's done.

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:11 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol! true! but to be fair it wanst a honda dealer i took it to, rex judd in north london, not sure if you have heard of them, but they didnt seem to know what day it was let alone anything bout bikes! This is what i have to put up with though, changing gear at bout 11,000 rpm, 0-60 still takes 11 secs flat (may as well be on a damn pushbike!), tops out at 80mph, maybe 85 going downhill with the wind behind me!

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:11 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea that is actually very true. Part of Honda's training for workshop 'monkeys' seems to be brain removal therapy

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 12:17 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikec106 wrote:
rex judd

There's your problem right there. The blokes in the workshop there don't have a clue how the NSR is restricted - I've spoken to them before and their ideas of restrictors ranged from "the fuel injection might need remapping" (which was very worrying, seeing as he was poking away at the carb at the time) to "you might need a racing spark plug" Laughing

Trust me, stay the hell away from there. Get together some tools and a mate and spend a Saturday afternoon doing it yourself, it'll cost £0 and if you don't find any restrictors then you'll know it's not some halfwit mechanic lying to you.

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 12:18 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone derestricted an RS125 or Mito?...their standard restrictors are (apparently) just in the exhaust, and I assume that they don't need to be drilled out, and therefore most mechanics don't think twice about it...but with the NSR, they probably see the welds, and think "ahh, no restrictions here"...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:29 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the only mate i know whos mechanically minded is up in swansea at the mo at uni! I'll be the 1st one to put my hands up and admit im not the most practical of people so i dont even wanna start looking at it with doubts in my mind! so unless theres any1 not far from the london area willing to give up a saturday afternoon to give me a hand, i would appreciate it!

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 18:48 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wasnt too impressed with rex judd

i went there to look at second hand bikes, and he didnt seem to know much about either, and was a typically slimy used vehicle salesman

fag in one hand, asking me when i wanted to buy it

i asked the guy if the SV650 had a neutral light, he immediately said yes, but had to turn it on to find it, then concurrently set off the alarm

/me claps slowly
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:07 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know what u mean goose, not going there again! they should use my avatar as their company logo, what do u reckon??

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 19:30 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

tin wrote:
Has anyone derestricted an RS125 or Mito?...their standard restrictors are (apparently) just in the exhaust

Hi

The RS125 restriction is by replacing the power valve with a blanking plate. On the Mito it is (I think) a washer in the exhaust that is barely welded in place

All the best

Keith

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:01 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

REX JUDD ARE SHIT FULL STOP!!!

thier useless thiefs, trust me im in the trade i no how these ppl work, they lie and most of the bikes in the show room are either imports or write offs dune up to new, (ie sometimes with new frames and no vin plates and thats how their sold....)

they also dont repait and service properly and dont put things back together properly...

even when a bikes sold from them there no spare key or v55!! Confused

SO... do it urself its easier... and u no that nobody else is pissin around withur motocyc!

Tejjjj.... Twisted Evil

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 20:26 - 27 Sep 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

amen mate

bring on the haynes manuals Smile
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 213 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1