Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

ttttthhhheeee bbbiiiggg QUESTION

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

mr t

PostPosted: 17:13 - 15 Feb 2002    Post subject: ttttthhhheeee bbbiiiggg QUESTION Reply with quote

on another post someone said because a de restricted nsr is less than 33 bhp you dont need a full licence is this true
You must be logged in to rate posts

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:16 - 15 Feb 2002    Post subject: Re: the medium sized question Reply with quote

That isn't true because on a provisional licence the maximum bhp is 12. That's the power of a restricted NSR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 18:54 - 15 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Strictly speaking the limit for a learner is 15hp. It used to be 12hp, but has been brought into line with Europe at 15.

At 33hp you need a full licence, but not to have gone through direct access

All the best

Keith
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 15 Feb 2002    Post subject: Re BHP Reply with quote

I stand corrected...again
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 15 Feb 2002    Post subject: IMPORTS Reply with quote

BTW, some imports are already restricted to 15 hp!

air
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 05:51 - 16 Feb 2002    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

I dont quite know about the license restrictions over here in ireland, but i do know that up till a while ago, on a provisional license you could only get the A1 license, i think this allows 15bhp, but nowadays you can get the A when you first get your license which allows up to 33bhp straight off the mark.

I don't know 'anyone' in ireland with a restricted NSR, you actually have to ask for one specifically in a garage and i'll bet they'd have to get one in or restrict one of the stock.

Either way, lets just say that the system over here ain't to smart, i was taking a look at mine one day and noticed that my provisional is actually completely unrestricted, even checked in the motor tax office.... i can literally drive whatever i want, which means no silly 2 year crap after i do the test... Smile

Peje
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:32 - 21 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

U lucky git!!!

I was hearing bout some1 who sent away for their provisional and got a full licence for the car and bike, with the usual restrictions. But wot the hell is goin on with that!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TJ NSR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:49 - 21 Feb 2002    Post subject: never Reply with quote

too good to be true u sure?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 113 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1