 Chriss World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 May 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:14 - 02 Sep 2007 Post subject: Cleaning Forks |
 |
|
Hi, what's the best way to remove general dirt and more importantly rust from an old fork stantion?
I'm thinking autosol but thought best I seek advice before going in gun hoe!
Thanks in advance
Chriss ____________________ TheShaggyDA: I've got 3 or 4 pairs that predate my wife, so at least 11.5 years old. |
|
 Jamie S World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Dec 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:20 - 02 Sep 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I would use
Wd40 for the crud.
Wire wool for the rust, if its just surface rust?
How far down the fork is it ? because if its near the seal then be carefull not to get any autosol in it, if you use autosol that is.
If its not surface rust and is indeed pitted then I have heard of bodges using JBweld.
 |
|
 2t-Screamer Crazy Courier

Joined: 25 Apr 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:21 - 02 Sep 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
yeah! ive fixed pitted forks with JB Weld before, worked a treat ____________________ visit Collective Knowledge |
|