Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

kmx 125 oil leak/ trans or engine?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

SandManTFC
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:24 - 09 Sep 2007    Post subject: kmx 125 oil leak/ trans or engine? Reply with quote

'm sure there was no leaks when i bought the bike a few weeks back(Only driven it a few times since, Last week I checked and topped up all fluids and oil levels, the engine needed a full litre and still seems to be at that level so I'm I right in saying the leak is coming from the transmission if the engine oil level is still the same as when i topped it up? As of right I can not see no leaks but i still can't see how much oil is in the tranny through the glass (Always dark) looking through the top there is plenty in there since i topped up again this morning with no leaks since, if there is to much oil in the tranny what will happen? Also I'm I right in saying 0.75(I'm sure its ml) transmission oil is hardly anything?

thank you to anyone who replys.

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 09 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

does it use the same oil as the engine? or does it have its own transmission oil?

SandManTFC
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:58 - 09 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The manual states the same oil as the engine so I used that, also I have some special transmission oil for transmissionms that require engine oil and used that also, got any ideas of why it leaked?

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:09 - 09 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

time for a gasket change tbh, must be ripped or damaged.

Russ0115
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:24 - 09 Sep 2007    Post subject: Missing oil, Reply with quote

As far as I know that has only one fill for the motor and trans. it is one unit. If you are missing oil with no visible leaks, I would check the exhaust to see if you have a heavy oily film in there, you might be getting some blow by on the rings. If it is over full that is not good either, it will create to much crank pressure and push oil into places it should not be. I would start by draining the crank case and refilling with the correct fluid and go from there. Hope I helped
Russ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lukamon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:29 - 09 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

err... kmx = 2 stroke!

0.75litres or 750ml in the transmission please.

engine oil goes under the seat. use fully synth only.

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:16 - 09 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its loosing trans oil then check for cracks if theres no visable crack etc, then its time for a gasket chage Thumbs Up

SandManTFC
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:12 - 10 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just got home and there has been no leaks were it has be sttod up, took it for 5 minute spin then stopped and it started leaking, I had good look and i can see an over flow pipe leaking which i think is coming from the front of the carb and poked down through to leak to the floor, does anybody know how many overflow pipes ther should be on a kmx 125?

thx guys for your help

2t-Screamer
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:12 - 10 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

that will be your transmission breather pipe spitting out because you have far to much oil in there, the breather stops excess pressure from blowing the seals,

SandManTFC wrote:
can't see how much oil is in the tranny through the glass (Always dark)

thats because you have way to much oil in and its above the level of the sight glass

SandManTFC
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 11 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one, will do an oil change when i have time..

SandManTFC
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:21 - 12 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you 2T, it worked a treat doing an oil change TO THE RIGHT LEVEL. thx again for anyone who replyed to the post

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:29 - 13 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol sandman, carefull next time Very Happy Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 224 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1