Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suzuki Bandit 400cc 33bhp Restriction

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bardeey
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:02 - 04 Jun 2007    Post subject: Suzuki Bandit 400cc 33bhp Restriction Reply with quote

Hi All

The time has come to say bye bye to the 50's and the 125's and say hi to the big boys.

I'm currently in the middle of fitting my restrictors but have hit a bit of a problem.. where do I put them inside the carb? 1 of 4 places I think.

PS: Before you say "I know what a restrictor looks like you prick!" Some people may not who are looking to get it done Laughing

https://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7870/restrictorsfl2.gif
https://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9382/wherepl3.gif

alun111
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:58 - 05 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you're taking the sensible route and restricting it... i've had mine do 95 but still haven't taken it all the way...

I couldn't tell you but I just wanted to say if nobody knows; your local garage should be able to fit them in about an hour (£30 - £60 depending).

Have you been out on it yet? It scared me silly when i first did, didn't expect the throttle to be so responsive!!!

Bardeey
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 08:51 - 05 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have.. It did put a smile on my face.

I just want it restricted so I can get use to the difference between 15bhp and 33bhp before I jump to 57 bhp. (That's If I remove it before the 2 years.. Shocked )

My local garage wants £149 for it EVEN though I have the kit!! So I thought fuck that.

However I got a mate who owns a bike garage and he said if I fit them he will test ride it to see if it's gutless and then if it is, he will send off for the certificate.

Someone must know where they go? Sad

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:13 - 05 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you on a restricted licence? Mines a 600 Bandit, 80bhp and TBH its nice to handle, not to snappy - Just jumped on and rode Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bardeey
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 09:21 - 05 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm on a restricted license for the next two years sadly.. I will most prob take them out as soon as I get my certificate.. As long as I don't fuck about on it which I wouldn't to much anyway no one should notice.

But it would be just my luck the police would pull me over and 1 out of a million chances call the dude with the van... put my bike in it and test the spec out.. Ooops? Rolling Eyes

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:36 - 05 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your mate owns a bike garage, couldn't you ask him where the go to save messing it up?

Bardeey
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:20 - 05 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the shocking thing.. He's not sure where they go himself! It would be the first bike he would have ever had to restrict.

Bardeey
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:11 - 05 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok!

I've done it now.. I took a 50/50 chance in the end as I had no final answer and thankfully I was correct!

They go in no3.

For some reason when I take any bike to pieces I always end up with a couple of bolts left over.. Eek.

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:34 - 05 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I normally do as well, nothing to worry about, just call them spares. Mr. Green

snapperslappe...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:56 - 10 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

matey....thats not were the restriction sits...

it goes into the top part of the carbs....in the diaphram housing and acts to stop movement, thus reducing flow into the cylinders.....

simple job, you dont even need to take the carbs off. unscrew the 4 screws ontop of the diaphram housing, slot the restricters in and stick the covers back on.

sorry for dragging this up from page 2 obscurity...just dont want you to f**k your bike Thumbs Up

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 12:36 - 10 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look like German restrictors to me used to limit slide movement. As the man above says in the carb tops.

Bardeey
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:51 - 10 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy.. I phoned around at least 10 garages and they all said to put them where I did.

Easy job but I hate taking it all to bits..... So annoying! Gotta take the unit off to get them out, it's the lock-on rings that Pi** me off.. So hard to reach.

Cheers
Ash

Bardeey
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:29 - 10 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok switched to the top of No1 now.

Thanks Snapperslapper!

Futaba
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:58 - 18 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Thread, answered everything I wanted to know In a round about way... Im looking at de-restricting my Bandit as after clocking just over 1k miles on the CBR @ 86bhp, the bandit feels rather wet.
Thumbs Up

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:49 - 19 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dose restricting and de-restricting cause it problems in the long run? Mines been done about 4 times I beleive and someone at work who might buy it wants it restricted for him, so that be 5 times in total Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 269 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1