Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

bikechatforums newsletter???

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 17:11 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: bikechatforums newsletter??? Reply with quote

What does everything think about some form bikechatforums newsletter, i havent spoken to kornel about it yet or anyone else for that matter, but basically it could go out every friday and could be packed full with links to the latest bike related news, this could be off mcn etc.... basically anyone who finds or reads something of interest emails it to whoever is writing the newsletter and at the end of the week all these links are sent out, we could also include any rants users of the site are having. Like i said i havent spoke to kornel about it yet, but it *might* be possible for him to get some text link adverts to shove in there aswell which in the long term will only help the site.

This is an *early, early* idea so please dont get too worried if you dont agree with it.....

If anyone has any comments/suggestions on this it would be good Smile

Just a quick edit on the subject....

We could also include news on meets and info on how to join the specific usergroups and any general info people might find of interest....

ps i know most of this could be done using the board but newsletters are fun Wink Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 17:15 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds quite interesting, and would definetly keep you up to date with all rideouts, and reviews and things going oun in the world.
but things such as contributing could help towards it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarsBar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:16 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe we could e-mail it to users who have been inactive for long periods of time, in an attempt to regain their comitment to the board... Just a thought. I will volenteer to help in any way i can.

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:16 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that sounds cool. I believe you just volunteered to do it Wink

MarsBar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:18 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd do it. i think i'd be good at that sort of thing. not upto me though... Rolling Eyes

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 17:19 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....Well that was sort of the idea, ill have to speak to kornel first and it would be really cool to hear what everyone thinks about it, it wont be anything *really* amazing and will mostly depend on user submitted stuff....

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:22 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make it a bot more interesting, people could submit reviews about their bike. Have a different bike each week/month. For example, Someone could do an NSR, someone do an RS, someone do a Firestorm etc

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:24 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea.... sounds like a good idea

THe MCN Ninja's forum has one, but it's an MSN auto generated one so it's a bit shit.

Obviously there would have to be un-subscribe stuff etc.

It wouldbe a good way of promoting ride-outs and meets etc, which people often ignore as well as possibly have 'reports' on the aforementioned rideouts and meets.

MarsBar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:27 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great idea Dodd!! Oh.. and G, I already have all the neccessary scripts for a subscribe/unsubscribe page. Uses an access database which stores the e-mail addresses and username, but it could be easily modified.

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 17:30 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, from the sound of things so far this could prove to be popular idea with everyone.

Yeah we could also include stuff related to weather, closed roads etc.... this would all be handy for rideouts....

anyway keep the ideas coming....

MarsBar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:30 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't forget gatso reports... Twisted Evil

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:31 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what I would find useful... people doing reviews on any kit they have bought recently, like lids and leathers

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 17:33 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i know a lot of people would find it handy its just getting everyone to do it, it wouldnt be difficult its just writing a review of somethign can be quite time consuming... we will have to see

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 17:35 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound like a neat idea, it could have a counter at the bottom too "Bikes Totalled: ---.---.---" Laughing

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:35 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont mind writing reviews (I have done some game reviews for Computer Shopper) but I dont have anything to review. No-one cares about Sym Huskys :S Anyway... yeah my point is that I am well up for contributing

MarsBar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:36 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too Laughing

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:51 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd thought about this a while ago:
How about a proper bcf website? okay there's NSR125.com, but that's not very appropriate considering the variety of bikes people have on here.

We could start by just collating the newsletters on there.... and possibly carry on with FAQs etc... if everyone's contributing it shouldn't be too much (if any) work for Korn...
Whatever, we would hve to sort out the layout, templates etc.. though I hear you lot are quite experienced at that Wink Very Happy

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 17:55 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

sounds good Smile
although its gunna be a real time muncher Confused

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 18:00 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats something ive been on at korn about for ages, i wanted to start a bcf website, the main part of it would be the forums of course but we could build a gallery section, reviews, tips, general bike news etc etc....
If we got enough users to the site we could eventully start some sort of p2p network which we could use to trade bike videosvand other bike related files..... *if* bcf got big enough we could possibly do bike previews Wink Wink

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 18:06 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being the resident layabout (hopefully not for log though Razz), I'll only be too happy to help with both the creative and technical sides of the site...Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:27 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
This sounds like a great idea, to make BCF's bigger an better. The BCF website sounds really cool, as it would relate to more people (sum people think chattings 4 losers). I've only got college for 2 days a week so id love to help in my free time (i have loads). The newsletter sounds good too, about reviews, wont they have to be independant, ie not their bike? If BCF's gets bigger we could even start advertising in mags Very Happy MCN ect.

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:32 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

not necessarly reviews of just bikes... clothing, general services(garages etc), locks, alarms etc

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
of course G

Luke

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 18:43 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me's up for some site building

(and happens to have shitloads of webspace and stuff)

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:47 - 14 Oct 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

If loads of ppl *are* interested, how about we get korn to make a usergroup about it?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 198 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3