Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My 1st Bike - 49cc Mini MV Augusta...anyone seen one before?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rhys
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:18 - 29 Sep 2007    Post subject: My 1st Bike - 49cc Mini MV Augusta...anyone seen one before? Reply with quote

Was looking around stuff in my room...came across a pic of my bike my Dad made up for me when I was 4, so took a piccy with my phone.

I dont have/cant find anymore of it Crying or Very sad I remember him saying about it being an MV Augusta, 49cc and that its apparently some sort of 'pit-bike'. Bought off some guy in about 1990 in part form that he built back up. Apparently the original colours were silver/green and it was in that, it was resprayed in red at some point, he did have intention of putting it back at some point though. I know he said something about it being 20 or so years old already when I had it, and remember going to some bike show or meet with it and it having interest. Had it up until I was about 11 or 12, used to run it up and down the road everyone used to come out and sit on their walls and watch Smile

It had 4 exhausts and sounded awesome, real throaty nothing like these 50cc ped hair dryers Laughing

Dont know what its a replica of, or even if many were made, maybe someone does?

Only thing I've found on net is this pic but mines bit diff:
https://www.motomanuali.com/immaginiweb/galleriaimmagini/mv%20agusta%20minibike.jpg

from here https://www.motoclub-tingavert.it/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=143629

Only had this info with it:

Make: MV Agusta
Model: mini bike
Start Year: 1977
End Year: 1977
Capacity: 49 cc
Engine Configuration: Single
Number of Cylinders: 1

Here's Mine: Very Happy

https://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f228/rhysbarratt/mymv.jpg

Bit of a different post, just dont know much about it and wondered if anyone else had seen one/knows anything?
Thumbs Up Smile Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:23 - 29 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that if you had it now it would fetch a lot of money,

Rhys
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:35 - 29 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats where I got abit annoyed with him, he sold it behind my back the git! I loved starting it up, just not many places to take it.

Had a few collectors come round so I knew he was thinking of selling it (also said he wanted someone else to enjoy it as I was getting abit silly on it, and he didnt want to think how much replacement parts/sourcing them would be:) ) but then just when I thought he was letting me keep it, he sold it to a main dealer for £500 (which I thought could get more for) in about 1998. Sad

Would be cool to see it again, but I bet when I do it'll be somewhere on show or with a stupid price tag which will make me want to slit my wrists Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:16 - 29 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found another picture.

https://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/886/25046854.JPG

Mark
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 203 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1