|
|
| Author |
Message |
| fenton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 fenton World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 May 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TUG |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TUG World Chat Champion
Joined: 12 May 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Itchy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:41 - 29 Sep 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Its Capitalism live with it or change jobs, become a job hopper like me I have very little loyalty, though the current place is treating me quite well so I may stick here for a bit (though I'm currently approaching much higher than here pay territory so may still move on). ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jackw72 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jackw72 World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Nov 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:09 - 30 Sep 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
if your the one of the best at your job then i would work, maybe say that you want double pay or an increased rate.
you make them happy they will make you happy when you need it next.
karma works both ways  ____________________ 08/11/2007 A2 Passed.
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K3
Rapid Training passed |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stu19631 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stu19631 Derestricted Danger
Joined: 30 Jan 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Itchy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| fenton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 fenton World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 May 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ncrn |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ncrn World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 May 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 02:31 - 30 Sep 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've done the mcdonalds thing, and I really don't see it being a viable future.
I've also been in the situation where they have put me on 10 days in a row, 10 hour shifts every day..
They take the piss because they can, and when you accept it they won't back off.
I remember when my 1st assistant had a very serious thing going on, it was the head of mcdUK can't remember the wankers name, anyway to sum it up my 1st assistant wanted me to drop a university interview because he wanted his best staff in. I just said no.
I can see how you want to like stay loyal to the job for the promotion prospects, but I had been promised the promotion to shift runner for about a year before I left, and next to nothing had surfaced from it..
If I were you I'd phone up sunday (at least 2 hours before you start if possible) and say you have either a stomach virus or the shits. One way or another they cannot have you in by law.
Just because the boss is in shouldn't mean the best staff are in, if it's shit because the staff are shit the boss should be able to see that. I always iterated to my boss that the staff were shit, he always agreed with me.
I know that there /are/ future prospects there, but they come with way to much stress I've seen what its done to people there that I used to really get on with, I honestly don't think its worth it.. ____________________ Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Thom_NSR |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Thom_NSR Scooby Slapper
Joined: 21 Apr 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ram_doom |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ram_doom World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Mar 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 07:58 - 30 Sep 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Grow a pair and say you've made plans. Life comes before work ffs
Job hopping's great, you can slack as much as you like in a job for 1... maybe 4 months, then find a new one and start fresh easiest life possible. ____________________ TL1000s, KDX200 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gti |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gti Bendy Groupie
Joined: 07 May 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 19 years, 14 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|