Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2008 Kwaki Ninja 250R

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:34 - 10 Apr 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeddyCanuck wrote:

A lengthy post about karma ratings from someone who "don't care about the Karma." Gotcha pal.
True. as I said, i's abusing the system that kinda got on my nerves. Rate me down all you want, S'only blobs on a forum. Laughing Wink

johnsilva
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:14 - 01 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'd be better off with an old gpx 250.

more power and less weight
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

L0giX
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 01:34 - 15 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesnt look to bad to me, one of the better looking 250s in the current market..
got the mrs doing her a2 bike test soon, could be a good bike for her as shes pretty short (5'4") and the bike is fairly light..
however if yamaha took out a yzf-250r next year which is rumoured, that would sh|t all over this bike in looks, i mean just look at the yzf-125r its a stunning looking wee bike!
idealy honda would take out a new cbr400 drool, get it for the mrs but use it myself Twisted Evil

Fitzy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:35 - 18 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look really nice for a 250!

Probably one of the biggest bikes you can ride if you got a A2 licence.

crees
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 12:54 - 24 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 250 class is back!

Has to be a good thing but some people will never understand the joys of thrashing a bike which is not entirely possible on modern 600's. Not if you want to live/keep licence etc. I like to use every single one of the horses I payed for.

I think it looks great. Might even stop riding 125's now. Pity it's not a 2 stroke though as that would be seriously interesting.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 13:34 - 24 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a guy on one of these yesterday...if you were 'ok' with the looks of it....wait till you hear it Laughing HAHHAHAA!

I love Ninja's but this thing sounds like a ride on lawn mower.

4 stroke 250's suck ass
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

moog
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:57 - 26 Jun 2008    Post subject: Re: 250 ninja eater? Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
purplemininut wrote:
wait wait wait.other little cc bikes youve got to consider is the new yamaha yzf125r basicly a trimed down r6.
Not sure about that.

Well...they did trim 3 cylinders, 90bhp and about 80mph off it, so I suppose that technically he's right.

Anymore trimming and you could call it a lawnmower.

"I've made an odd discovery. Every time I talk to a savant I feel quite sure that happiness is no longer a possibility. Yet when I talk with my gardener, I'm convinced of the opposite."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:30 - 26 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it with people on this forum, small engined bikes, and them being like lawnmowers Rolling Eyes

moog
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:39 - 26 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:
What is it with people on this forum, small engined bikes, and them being like lawnmowers Rolling Eyes

You've (almost...just needs a few words added) answered your own question there...

Some people on this forum think small engined bikes are like lawnmowers.

Are we not entitled to an opinion either...or are some people on this forum who think that small engined bikes are like lawnmowers not allowed to say that they think that small engined bikes are like lawnmowers?

Do you think that if I keep saying the phrase "small engined bikes are like lawnmowers" I'll eventually get a subliminal message across a-la Derren Brown? Laughing

"I've made an odd discovery. Every time I talk to a savant I feel quite sure that happiness is no longer a possibility. Yet when I talk with my gardener, I'm convinced of the opposite."

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:16 - 26 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

moog wrote:
ms51ves3 wrote:

In what sense?

Biker101
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:08 - 26 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:

I know, most lawn mowers are 149cc, so much better than small 125 bikes such as the yzf!

I am disgusted that these guys are insulting our lawmowers Wink

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:53 - 27 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:

Because some sound more like lawnmowers. The Ninja 250's sound is embaressing. Laughing
Maybe better with another exhaust system, i dont know.

I love small engined bikes, my Mito EVO was bad ass Twisted Evil Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

moog
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:14 - 27 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:
moog wrote:

In what sense?

Had you taken my quote in context instead of just taking a small bit of it you'd have read that I followed up the part you quoted with...

moog wrote:
Are we not entitled to an opinion either...or are some people on this forum who think that small engined bikes are like lawnmowers not allowed to say that they think that small engined bikes are like lawnmowers?

So, are us people that think small engined bikes are comparable with lawnmowers not allowed an opinion or to speak what we feel anymore?

I could quite easily have taken this part of your quote...

ms51ves3 wrote:
What is it with people on this forum

...and asked you what your problem is.

My original post about trimming anymore off and you could call it a lawnmower was purely a jest (trimming...lawnmowers...you get it now).

I could've replaced "a lawnmower" with "a pair of scissors" or "a hairdresser" but it wouldn't have had the same impact.

teabag
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:36 - 27 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon my neighbour's lawnmower is faster than my XR125L - especially into a headwind. Still, I like the XR, it does it exactly what it is supposed to do, gets ragged continuously, yet still gives over 80mpg and costs almost nothing to maintain.

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:14 - 28 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
ms51ves3 wrote:

Because some sound more like lawnmowers. The Ninja 250's sound is embaressing. Laughing
Maybe better with another exhaust system, i dont know.

I love small engined bikes, my Mito EVO was bad ass Twisted Evil Thumbs Up

They're not embarrassing with a Yoshi Cool

Clicky

L0giX
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 08:35 - 30 Jun 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:

not too bad but seems a rather pricey option for a 3 grand bike..

moog
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:17 - 03 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:

Clicky

Just because it sounds good doesn't mean it'll go faster...and a slow bike is a slow bike regardless of wether someone's spunked a whole wad of cash on it to make it...ahem...sound good.

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:26 - 03 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

moog wrote:
ms51ves3 wrote:

Clicky

Just because it sounds good doesn't mean it'll go faster...and a slow bike is a slow bike regardless of wether someone's spunked a whole wad of cash on it to make it...ahem...sound good.

I never said it would go fast Rolling Eyes

Yes it's slow and that's the whole point of it. It's 33bhp because a lot of people are restricted to 33bhp. Yes a lot of people take their restrictors out of more powerful bikes straight away but, there are still people that don't. This bike suits that person.

There wouldn't be a point making the same bike with 60hp IL4/V4 that would cost £4,500 then having to get them restricted because probably no one would buy them. Why pay £4,500 for a bike with 50hp when you could just go out and get a second hand (newish) 600 with 100hp+?
Afterall riding both bikes on a restricted licence brings the same penalties.

Plus having a bike that puts out 33bhp to begin with will probably beat bikes that have been restricted to 33bhp because the power is accessible. Restricting an IL4 400/600 means you can't get right up to the redline where all the power is being produced.

moog
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 08:52 - 04 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:
moog wrote:

Yes it's slow and that's the whole point of it.

And now you know why some of us think it's comparable with a lawnmower.

And also it's not just about the 33bhp restriction...there's an
additional power-to-weight limit of 0.16kW/kg. This means that if you want the full 33bhp then the bike has to weigh more than 156kg. The Ninja makes 32bhp and weighs 154kg...giving it a power-to-weight ratio of 0.156kW/kg.

Also, it costs us £3299 whereas the Americans get it for $3499...about £1750!

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:26 - 04 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

moog wrote:
ms51ves3 wrote:

Yes it's slow and that's the whole point of it.

And now you know why some of us think it's comparable with a lawnmower.

And also it's not just about the 33bhp restriction...there's an
additional power-to-weight limit of 0.16kW/kg. This means that if you want the full 33bhp then the bike has to weigh more than 156kg. The Ninja makes 32bhp and weighs 154kg...giving it a power-to-weight ratio of 0.156kW/kg.

Also, it costs us £3299 whereas the Americans get it for $3499...about £1750!

Do you ride a lawnmower? Afterall, your bike is slow too.

That law is a bit dodgy though. You're working off dry weight but if we fill the Ninja up with petrol and oil it will be over the limit thus technically legal. The law doesn't state weather it's dry or wet weight.

If you're comparing the Ninja to the American market also compare every other bike that was ever made. Everything is cheaper in America. McGee got his 2005 Gixxer 1000 for something like £2,500.

Peter3hg
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:16 - 05 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:

That law is a bit dodgy though. You're working off dry weight but if we fill the Ninja up with petrol and oil it will be over the limit thus technically legal. The law doesn't state weather it's dry or wet weight.

Somewhere it does state that the weight is with the bike full of petrol and oil and I think you can have a bottle of spare oil on it as well. So the Ninja would be fine power-to-weight ratio wise.

moog
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:36 - 07 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:

Do you ride a lawnmower? After all, your bike is slow too.

Indeed my bike was slow.

Hence why I have sold it and am looking for a faster one!

Last edited by moog on 09:26 - 09 Jul 2008; edited 1 time in total

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:32 - 07 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:
moog wrote:

Do you ride a lawnmower? After all, your bike is slow too.

Indeed my bike was slow.

Hence why I have sold it and am looking for a faster one!

Did you wait 3 days to reply so you could say that? Wink

moog
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:28 - 09 Jul 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:

Did you wait 3 days to reply so you could say that? Wink

Lol...I have a life away from my P.C. and I've spent 3 days looking at equally slow bikes! Laughing

Corde
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:29 - 17 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomsmith wrote:
apparently it will be 30bhp and meet Euro3 emissions

The ninja 250 is 32.5 bhp with a top spead of 110 mph,
and what a bike i only wish i could afford one because that would be my next bike.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 258 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7