Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Feng Shui

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

distortion
Nearly there...



Joined: 08 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:28 - 03 Oct 2007    Post subject: Feng Shui Reply with quote

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on Feng Shui, has been mentioned a fw tims recently. Never bothered with it myself.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:35 - 03 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've seen any of his films... Confused

I jest. (Not very well, I know. Rolling Eyes )

Don't really believe in it. Also its a bit new agey and faddy for me, I tend to avoid that type of thing. Anyway, I'd be hard pushed to afford a house where I could choose to put the bed so it faces west or east (or where ever its supposed to face...)

(I still put my toilet seat down though. Very Happy )
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:40 - 03 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to sure if i believe it only i have glanced at a few books on the subject. Worth a try only i didn't see any benefits Shocked
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith



Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:42 - 03 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing When the guys over here were making my new office they consulted a Feng Shui expert. Laughing

I think Feng Shui may be misunderstood by westerners, as we think of it being all mystical and alien. The simple truth is your environment can have a positive or negative effect on your mood. I think if you worked in a cupboard like office with no windows that the room would have a detrimental effect on your mental state. On the flip side, have a nice coloured, airy room with beautiful views can be inspiring.

In essence thats all Feng Shui is IMO. Inteior design to put you in a positive state of mind. They talk about energy and flow etc but more often than not you'll discover that the concepts they are talking about are based on logic and science, just masked under different terms. Wing Chung (Kung Fu) is another example of this.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ace Biker
Nova Slayer



Joined: 20 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:08 - 03 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, u don't put the TV so when the sun shines throu the window it fucks up ur view.
And u keep ur bed far away from the wall so when ur nailing ur latest bird u won't wake up the neighbours with the headboard banging against the wall... get bad vibes from them next day....

also i read if u paint everything black u may become depressed Thinking
____________________
RD 80 (crashed, sold) RD 125 (crashed,sold), RD 350 (rebuild twice, sold) RGV 250 (sold seized). RG 500 (crashed,sold )
GPZ 600, GIXER 400, ( sold seized). ZXR 750, CBR 400/600 (crashed, sold ) CBR 600 (sold seized) CBR 900 (crashed, sold) ZX9 (sold seized ) CBR1000 RR (crashed sold)
RVF 400 (crashed), CBR 600 RR (seized sold). Current ZX10
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith



Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:46 - 03 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The police sometimes paint cells pink as it has a calming effect on people to the point people coming out of the pink cell would apologise. I don't know if it still practised or widely used but it has been in the past.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:27 - 03 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ignored it for quite a long time, as airy fairy - probably because its been "trendy" to do it, with all these pretentious gits in kaftans waving their hands about and pretending to "direct the energies" ...

But - in that sort of weird Eastern way which also makes me interested in Buddhism because a lot of it is actually about common sense and humanity, rather than the mystical rubbish ... I've decided there is a *small* amount of logic in Feng Shui. However, I am an intensely logical person and therefore remain yet to be totally converted.

The boss at the place in St James where I work insists (as well as all that toilet-lid nonsense) on having the windows open and the blinds up to "improve the energy flow" whenever the girls are not in the bedroom (which has white everything for crisp cleanliness, along with a bit of red here and there to increase passion, LOL, as if the charms of Anastasia, Camilla, Lindsay, et al are not enough)

But despite the fact that I think its a great deal of codswollop, I sat down and read two of her Feng Shui books when I first started, and much of it is very interesting, I can cope with the energies being directed by atmospheric stuff like colour and light, but I am far too practical a person to believe in the mystical stuff.

Apparently we have a "money corner" (eastern aspect, with an jar of coins in water, an orange and a lucky buddha) - but strangely the phone (which brings the money) is not in that corner.

The phone has to be in the Southeastern corner (near the phone jack, of course) and accompanied by a vase of fresh flowers to give it positive energy. My suggestion that we simply extended the phone jack to bring the phone into the MONEY corner was negated as being too cluttered, which - of course - cramps the flow of energy.

*scratches head*

So obviously I've not quite managed to link LOGIC with ENERGY yet.
I obviously need more lessons Rolling Eyes

Also, its difficult to really believe that lighting a particular flavour or colour of incense stick will bring more positivity (i.e., money) in business ... but it makes me feel better that the place smells nice, and I am cheerier on the phone ... so it does have some sort of positive contribution to make.


Oh yes, and on everybody's suggestion, I went and "smudged" my new flat when I first got it, to bring positive and happy vibes into it before I moved in. I'm still waiting to see whether or not that's worked, LOL.

Hippy, moi?
Not me, mrs Laughing
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:14 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh yes, and on everybody's suggestion, I went and "smudged" my new flat when I first got it, to bring positive and happy vibes into it before I moved in. I'm still waiting to see whether or not that's worked, LOL.



Eh... What does that mean?

I find a bottle of glen's vodka can bring positive and happy vibes to any room. Smile (Plus it tends to go smudgey as the night or indeed morning progresses.)

I'm off to fiddle with my polarity. Thumbs Up
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:23 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Re: Feng Shui Reply with quote

distortion wrote:
Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on Feng Shui, has been mentioned a fw tims recently. Never bothered with it myself.


Can't sleep if facing wrong direction.
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:05 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a lot about it and I know that if you want perfect harmony in your house it can only be achieved by putting your settee half way up the stairs and your bed in the bathroom.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:28 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my room is a mess i feel a tiny bit on edge where when its real tidy i feel more relaxed, it must have some element of truth.
wouldnt bother following it too closely though.
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:48 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave2k wrote:
If my room is a mess i feel a tiny bit on edge


Only because I hid under the mess then jumped out and raped you once.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:53 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
I know a lot about it and I know that if you want perfect harmony in your house it can only be achieved by putting your settee half way up the stairs and your bed in the bathroom.


The same effect can be had by sleeping on the settee, with a bucket nearby. Much less moving of furniture.
____________________
Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:47 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
Only because I hid under the mess then jumped out and raped you once.


I dont remember that, did you date rape me again shaun, i keep blacking out for a day or so with a sore arse.
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:01 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys!! Shocked You are ruining the energy in this thread with your
rambunctiously homosexual rudisms!

This is a peaceful thread, man.

/Neil
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:10 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all balls, summed up by my dad perfectly , the way to do it is to just make everything in a certain order so that it is pleasing to the eye and nothing sticks out and jumps out at you as looking out of place.
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 5 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.39 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 95.96 Kb