BCF: Bike Chat Forums

new spray job

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

DUG
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:26 - 01 Nov 2002    Post subject: new spray job Reply with quote

whilst my uncle was down a while ago i let his nephew have a go on my kawazaki zx7r minimoto. Confused i know bad idea.but anyway he managed to flip it causing some damage. Crying or Very sad .so i stripped it down and one of my mates done this spray job.one of a kind on a minimoto.atleast i think... WOT DO YA RECKON?????????? Cool Very Happy

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:03 - 01 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks a little weird... have the tail done in yellow too

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:43 - 02 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks quite nice, but need some race sticker Very Happy

You can buy new fairing for £20 though Confused

zaknafien

PostPosted: 00:45 - 02 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much did the bike cost?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 02:20 - 02 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

me points to the mini moto usergroup Very Happy

DUG
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:30 - 02 Nov 2002    Post subject: fairing Reply with quote

the bikes are £749.u can get a race rep fairing that will cost £130.but i wanted something that wasnt 4 sale and that is individual.my little brother has the R1 replica.they r a gr8 laugh when u take em out. Cool Very Happy

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 12:08 - 02 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

What model/specs?

DUG
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:14 - 02 Nov 2002    Post subject: mini motos Reply with quote

there all one bike but u can get differant fairings.these r wot u can get,R1 BLUE,R1 RED/WHITE,KAWASAKI ZX7R,DUCATI RED,HONDA REPSOL,CHESTERFIELD & LUCKY STRIKE.where i live a few of us have em and they can hold upto abot 17stone in weight.so as long as ur not a huge fat b***ard u can hav one Rolling Eyes

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:16 - 02 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think G was asking about the bike, not the fairing. IE what cc/ bhp/ etc

PostPosted: 13:05 - 02 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mini motos are dangerous Sad i have riden one once!! that was enough.
It started of well, no problems.. I was riding in a t-shirt with an old helmet.
About 50 m from where i started I drove down a road(down hill) . i wanted to see what the little bastard was capable of, since I think of myself as a capable driver I tougth; I have riden a Husaberg 400 without problems, this is a pice of cake.. about 20 yards down the road it started to reach real high rpm. Sudenly the thing shot of, the front wheel lost contakt.. i managed to get the front wheel down only to se it bounce up again to or thre times.. The last time the pocket bike was not straight up but in a 60 deg angel. i fell over, scrubed my arm... have a huge pink scare all the way up my left arm.
You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 02 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardly the bikes fault Rolling Eyes

All bikes are dangerous if not ridden properly, and anyways AFAIK Minimoto racing requires leathers (not totally sure bout this...G, Dug..??)

DUG
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:04 - 02 Nov 2002    Post subject: leathers Reply with quote

sorry kris m8 cant help u there.but its a good idea to wear knee and elbow pads.these things move quick 4 sommin thts so close to the ground so the more protection the better. Very Happy

sPeJ
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:26 - 02 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen "high octane 3 or 4 or 1 or 2...
I don't remember...
It's a mini moto in that video and the same shit happends in the film..
The guy makes a full throttle and it makes a very nice spin.

PostPosted: 15:52 - 02 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full leathers aren't required. A tough jacket (if possible armoured bike jacket) along with knee/leg sliders on top of jeans is fine.
Trainers offer better movement but flexible bike boots will give slightly better protection.

If you've got a proper top spec race bike (12/13hp, 75mph!) then obviously you want half decent leathers etc.

PostPosted: 17:38 - 02 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasen't wearing eny protective cloathing... T-shirt and pants, everything was ruind.. blood all over

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:10 - 02 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeans and a jacket are all you need Very Happy

And they can go 75mph. Isnt that a bit daft in shorts and t-shirt?

You can fall off a scooter at 30mph, and slide for quite a way down the road, leaving bits of skin along the way Shocked

Smaller bike doesnt mean less dangerous

PostPosted: 20:19 - 02 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can fall off a scooter at 30mph, and slide for quite a way down the road, leaving bits of skin along the way

this describes what happend pretty well actually. I slided for about 4-5 meters, was doing a prox 30mph. The scare will be their for life, people were really shocked by that huge wound, and even more shocked when i told the story..

My confident was also brused.. When you ride a bike like the husaberg 400, there is more rom for error. Because the pocket bike is so small, it is easier to tip over. I thougt that since i've managed to save myself during many dangerous wheelis on the husa, that this pathetic wannabe racer wouldent be any problem. I was wrong. I never ever gone ride a pocket bike again. I feel more safe riding over 60mph on the back wheel of a fullsize enduro.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:57 - 02 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe true, but a crash on a mini-moto doesnt hurt nearly as much, cos you are basically on the floor to start with, just a few inches from it (assuming you dont high side it)

Just make sure you wear the proper kit, and you'll be away Smile Don't let one crash put you off

M1ke
Ped Boi

PostPosted: 21:22 - 02 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

75MPH on a 33cc (or there abouts) bike??

sounds a bit quick, is that a fact can anyone confirm? if they go that fast im getting one! It would look nice on my window sill Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 21:31 - 02 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd stick to your RS, i'd rather do 75 mph on a bike bigger than 2 foot long.. lol.
And if they only have a rear brake...god help it stopping drom 70 mph. still would be fun though,,,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:04 - 03 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

75 on a 50cc bike (assuming appropriate gearing) this is from about 12/13 hp which is a reasonable amount of power for a really highly tuned 50cc 2st.

The more expensive bikes (well all but the bottom of the range ones) have front discs as well... I think a couple even have twin front discs!

As stephen said mini moto crashes don't hurt nearly as much as they would on a normal bike, as you're usually allready on the ground when you start sliding Very Happy ... assuming you take a sensible attitude to clothing obviously.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:11 - 03 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although my knee now makes a nice click when i move it around Laughing

DUG
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:09 - 03 Nov 2002    Post subject: mini moto Reply with quote

the top speed on the two bikes above is around 40/45mph.u can get the faster minimotos that are watercooled or aircooled which do 60mph and even 90mph.but ur talkin like £1500. Shocked .but these obviously wont be 39cc or even 50cc.me & my bros bikes are the 39cc version.that is all u really need,the higher powered versions are 4 those of u with plenty of money and who really want to get into racing big time.its hard enough work trying to keep the front down on mine never mind one that does 90mph. Razz .u can change the sprocket and even get an induction kit 4 these mad or wot.to re-jet one of these it costs about £3 for the jets.HAVE FUN Cool

G1_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 03 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mini moto must be such great fun to play with. Where do you play with them? Do you have to ride them on private ground, like a track or summit? How much did they cost you?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:18 - 03 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are not road legal, so anywhere other than a road you can use it Smile

Although if G gets one, I think it would be amusing to go and play with it by the nearest Gatso Twisted Evil

You can take them to the Swindon track on friday evenings when its on, and pay £20 and ride as much as you want between 6 and 10 pm. Not bad when you consider they charge £25 for 3x10 mins on thier bikes Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 182 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2