Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

50cc Generic Cracker

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

NeoGinge
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:55 - 30 Oct 2007    Post subject: 50cc Generic Cracker Reply with quote

I really like my ped.
I just bought it for the price in the first place, as i am planning on as soon as i hit 17 trade it in for a 125. But it has really grown on me.
But i was wondering how I would have to go about derestricting it. Mainly because where i live, i have to go out main roads for half an hour before I get anywhere, and some of the stupid drivers on these roads are getting quite dangerous when they're overtaking. I know derestricing it will only take it up to about 45 mph, but that would make me much happier.
I would be willing to do work myself if its not hard. But would also get a professional to do it if its gonna be really hard.

Any thoughts or comments are welcome.
Cheers.
Ross. Very Happy

Jaloopa
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:54 - 31 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Restricted or not, avoid dual carriageways like the plague. If you're getting cut up a lot, try riding further right than you would, about where the driver of a car would be, as you may be slightly less likely to have some wanker overtake without even touching the white lines.

Obviously if you're still 16 derestricting would be illegal, but if you have to use main roads it's probably the safest thing to do. But the dickheads will still be out to get you.

NeoGinge
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:17 - 31 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips.
I'll bear them in mind. Thumbs Up Very Happy

Albion
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:17 - 31 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

What restrictions your ped has will depend on what moped it is. For example my Speedfight 2 has a restrictor plate in the variator and a restricting pipe on the exhaust. Both are not really that difficult to remove but if unsure get a garage to do it. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Charlie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:37 - 31 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

What moped you got? Would help quite a lot different ones have different restrictions.

NeoGinge
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:58 - 01 Nov 2007    Post subject: re:type of ped Reply with quote

the engine plate says its model is 'Generic', and its a 'cracker' on the regestration document, the manual has 'explorer' written on it. If that helps.

I'll take some photos of the exhaust etc and post them on this string if you need.

Some of my mates have said its probably just a washer between the manifold and the actual exhuast.

butterob
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:27 - 01 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol wtf is a generic cracker Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Peter3hg
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:41 - 01 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.warszawska347.com/grafika/modele/cracker.jpg

It appears to be Eastern European.

NeoGinge
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:43 - 02 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that the one.

As I said before, i only bought it for the price. Gonna trade it in as soon as possible.
Could you find any information on how it is restricted???
pls
thanks

p.s dont laugh too much, its quite nippy for a 50... until it hits 35mph... Crying or Very sad

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:02 - 02 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dealers prefer if when they are traded in that they are still restricted as legaly they can't sell a de-resticted 50cc to a 16 year old.
That means they can only sell it to 17+ but by then a 17+ person would want a 125cc

Mark

Jaloopa
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:50 - 02 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a derestricted 50 at 21. To be fair though, it was purely because I needed a cheap bike in a hurry.

NeoGinge
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:52 - 03 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply, but i was thinking that if it is just something in the exhaust, i could get another one, and put the stock one back on when i traded it in.

Would they care that much do you think Question
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 319 days between these two posts...

haroman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:38 - 17 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got a Cracker.

i know its got a restrictor in the exhaust. dont buy a whole new exhaust. Just drill out the Restrictor. Im not sure but I think theres another one somewhere.

Dont ask me for more details, Im no expert. Mr. Green

L-Jam
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 17 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ive got a Cracker.

You really shouldn't tell people this. Just call it, a .. Fastped 50 or something. ANYTHING but a Cracker..

I cant stop laughing at the possibilities this bike brings.

Situation - East London.

(To a bunch of black kids) Sup lads, I ride a cracker.

(black kids) WTF!!!!

Mr. Green

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:11 - 18 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonesy boy wrote:
Quote:
Ive got a Cracker.

You really shouldn't tell people this. Just call it, a .. Fastped 50 or something. ANYTHING but a Cracker..

I cant stop laughing at the possibilities this bike brings.

Situation - East London.

(To a bunch of black kids) Sup lads, I ride a cracker.

(black kids) WTF!!!!

Mr. Green

Reminds me of this clip from Kentucky Fried Movie Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYzsskE5ObA
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

hodson
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:45 - 26 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this bike a chinese make? they have them in a bike shop for £999 but its the sport version, Looks nice. Thanks,Ben,

Fnatic
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 26 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Restriction will be a washer in the exhaust. Try up jetting the carb also.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 195 days between these two posts...

haroman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:38 - 10 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken my exhaust off and ridden it down the road. No difference in performance so I know for sure its not in the exhaust.

Im thinking either intake is limited through the Carb' or the Jets.
Either that or it needs lighter rollers on the centrifugal clutch which makes it faster in the top end. Or perhaps a washer on the clutch which restricts how far it moves out. (Sorry if this makes no sense)

Most mechanics will know what im on about. But basically its abit more technical than taking a washer out of the exhaust.
Mine struggles to get to 30. Its such a piece of shit but it gets me from A to B so I cant complain too much.
Ima get a car soon anyway. Hope that helps Smile

L-Jam
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:28 - 10 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job diggin' up an old thread Smile

Journalist, student, egotist.
Click here if you're a young biker, wondering what to do after a moped/125!
Skp 50 --> GS 500 --> CBR600F with custom HRC paint jobby --> GSX-R 750 K7, beautiful!

adama
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:02 - 11 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a cracker this thread is...see what i did there? haha *sigh*

CBT Passed - 24/04/08 - Theory Passed 18/07/08 - Practical Passed 2/04/09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:03 - 11 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

haroman666 wrote:
Taken my exhaust off and ridden it down the road. No difference in performance so I know for sure its not in the exhaust.

Either that or it needs lighter rollers on the centrifugal clutch which makes it faster in the top end. Or perhaps a washer on the clutch which restricts how far it moves out. (Sorry if this makes no sense)

Most mechanics will know what im on about. But basically its abit more technical than taking a washer out of the exhaust.
Mine struggles to get to 30. Its such a piece of shit but it gets me from A to B so I cant complain too much.

You can't restrict via jets.
Lighter rollers will not give the scooter more top speed.
There is probably a washer in between the variator halves, not on the clutch side though.

Mr.Ormes
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 12:51 - 11 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

haroman666 wrote:

Thats because you have no back compression after you take the exhaust off, making it very loud and run like a bag of shit, also lighter rollers will help you get to the speed quicker, not more top end, if you want more top end then go for heavy rollers. The only problem with Heavy rollers is it creats a very sluggish low-mid range then all of a sudden you go into orbit in a power band, also this decreases engine life as you always have to be screaming the nuts off it to get anywhere. just remove washer in exhaust, also check the variator, then if still no faster it may be electronically restricted. If so just pay £30 for a garage to derestrict it bud. Thumbs Up

clancy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 11 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generic is a japanese or chinese make, cant rememeber which. my mates got a supercrosser and it came restricted in the exhaust and the carb. which are just washers you have to remove as far as i know.
but im no expert this is just what ive picked up from people.

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:49 - 11 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Ormes wrote:
haroman666 wrote:

Thats because you have no back compression after you take the exhaust off, making it very loud and run like a bag of shit, also lighter rollers will help you get to the speed quicker, not more top end, if you want more top end then go for heavy rollers. The only problem with Heavy rollers is it creats a very sluggish low-mid range then all of a sudden you go into orbit in a power band, also this decreases engine life as you always have to be screaming the nuts off it to get anywhere. just remove washer in exhaust, also check the variator, then if still no faster it may be electronically restricted. If so just pay £30 for a garage to derestrict it bud. Thumbs Up

Come back when you don't talk utter bollocks Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 7 years, 215 days between these two posts...
kylewilliams This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Confusing). Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 138 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2