Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CBT and DAS in London East or North

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

biker420
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:45 - 14 Oct 2016    Post subject: CBT and DAS in London East or North Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am new to this forum but not biking. I am mid 30's and have had my full car license for over 10 years now.

About 6 years ago I rode a 125cc for about 6 months on an L-Plate so like to think that I have my gears and the clutch under control At this point I I'll admit, I have never ridden a bigger bike in my life but am hoping the basics would be the same Smile

My question is... can you recommend a cheap but good riding school for my CBT + DAS in East or North London please?

Many Thanks,

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:24 - 15 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't recommend a school, but I can tell you that you'll be amazed by how much easier and more confidence inspiring riding the bigger bike is. Enjoy!

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:22 - 15 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

1stopinstruction

Very clued up, decent prices and their practice setup for mod1 is a copy of the DVSA setup. This is except for a couple of bits where it's made smaller.

For example, they make you practice the U-turn in a smaller area than the test by about a 2 foot. This is to make you used to doing it in a smaller gap, so when you get to the centre, the gap seems much easier to turn in. It worked a dream for me.

Based in North/East London, they take you on the known routes of the examiners and show you all the info you need to pass, concentrating heavily on the bits where people fail. One particular place is a one way street that was converted from a 2 way, so when you get to the end to turn right, the natural thing to do would be to approach the end in the centre of the road, but they tell you to make sure you stay to right. It's the little things like this that make them a good choice.
I passed with no minors with them, so I can only give them the thumbs up.

biker420
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 00:18 - 16 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay,

Did you have any prior riding experience before you did your DAS with 1stopinstruction? Was it a 3 day course?

When it comes to doing the actual mod2 test ... do you need to know the ways as well ?

Many Thanks,

Arfa__
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:56 - 17 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another shout for 1StopInstruction. Did my CBT & DAS with them 4 years ago. Very good.

Spread lot over 6 weeks, passed lot first time, coming from zero bike experience.

As for DAS, back then they're suggestion was:
2hr 1-2-1 session to move from a 125 to CBF500.
Then 3 day das course. This was spread over two weeks, mod 1 first week, mod 2 next.

Worked well. The mod2 booking happened to be super early in morning, but they were amenable to meeting up even earlier before hand for some last minute practice.

As PJay mentioned, they setup carpark like Mod1 playground, but with tighter confines, so you get used to exceeding the mod1 requirements and hence breeze it. For mod2 practice they take you round all the usual test streets and awkward bit where people normally get caught out. Some less obvious one way streets, round abouts with false exits to catch you out etc.

My wife did a 1-2-1 session with them as well as a back to bike refresher. She got on very well with them too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:24 - 17 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

biker420 wrote:
Pjay,

Did you have any prior riding experience before you did your DAS with 1stopinstruction? Was it a 3 day course?

When it comes to doing the actual mod2 test ... do you need to know the ways as well ?

Many Thanks,

Hi, yes i had previous experience, having ridden bikes on and off road for a good few years, but the training was so well done that as long as you're not a complete tool, you should be able to cope with the training with no previous experience.

The CBT and DAS trainers were top notch and incredibly thorough. They will work on any weaknesses until you and they are happy.

I did know the ways as well, as I've lived in Enfield all my life and even within 2 miles of the test centre in Waltham Cross, but that's not really an issue as they only take you on the known routes of the examiners, you soon become aware of speed limits and potential hotspots.

Book your CBT with them and have a chat about your requirements, I did the 3 day and it was plenty. They seem to have a very good pass rate and a very decent bunch of reviews.

https://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews241369.html

onlyJaz
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:24 - 17 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really recommend A2Z Rider training. Did my CBT with them about 3 weeks ago.

https://www.motorcyclecbtlondon.co.uk/

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:28 - 17 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Academy Motorcycle Training, I passed with them first time. Based in Romford.

https://www.academymotorcycletraining.co.uk/

biker420
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 11:48 - 11 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so passed my theory test last week.

Found on the internet ... camrider are doing a buy one get one free deal in winter for DAS.

Are they any good?

Thanks Smile

bigdom86
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:10 - 11 Nov 2016    Post subject: re Reply with quote

i just passed both mod1 and mod2 with phoenix, highly recommend them. 2 minors

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 11 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 2c

sutton motorcycle training

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:40 - 11 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doovy wrote:
Academy Motorcycle Training, I passed with them first time. Based in Romford.

https://www.academymotorcycletraining.co.uk/

Yeah, very friendly guys there as I went to ask some questions and this is where I'll be doing my CBT Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 169 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1