Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Riding without elecy..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:31 - 05 Nov 2002    Post subject: Riding without elecy.. Reply with quote

Hi
At the mo my bikes battery dosnt seem to be working properly. The starter motor aint working so i have to bump start it, the lights are always flickering, if they are on. None of the "idiot" lights work and nither doees, the indicators/rev conter/temp gauge.The only time stuff does work is when i pull in the break leaver???. Why is this happening and will this cause damage to my bike, ie no oil getting to the engine, not proper fule management, ect. Also theres no more power in the bike, is this because the power vaule aint working, help, my bikes dieing what arer the possible solutions guys Sad

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:03 - 05 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the fuse?
It's displaying pretty similar symptons to when the fuse blew on my NSR.

If not it sounds like there might be a short circuit somewhere... well there may well be if the fuse has blown as well.

I wouldn't have thought it would cause damage to the bike, all the important bits are probably controlled mechanically.

Last edited by G on 22:02 - 05 Nov 2002; edited 1 time in total

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 18:28 - 05 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

retro i had the same problem! i dont know whether to give you solution. but hay i dont hold grudges Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Laughing it was as simple as the battery wasnt screwed on properly. i had the same thing with the rear lights. try tightening the + and - but not at the same time. let me know if that works!
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 18:56 - 05 Nov 2002    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

well i had the same problem mate,

my nsr keeps feckin destroying batteries Sad

im on my THIRD battery in a year
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 19:28 - 05 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke, I'm not helping ya fix ya problems Razz
Retro stop fucking spamming, go home! Razz Twisted Evil

Very Happy

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 19:34 - 05 Nov 2002    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

lol @ zimma,

luke i wouldnt worry about it....the nsr just seems to have shite electrics Confused

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:46 - 05 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Electrics are a black art, or more likely a bloody nightmare

Fuse first

Then I would check the earth at the ignition switch first. After that check all the other earths. If they problem is still there then time to search round with a multimeter

It could be that you have fried the regulator / rectifier unit. A well know Honda fault is dodgy ones of these (not as bad as Suzuki used to be)

All the best

Keith

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:58 - 05 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
thanx guys and jim Razz, ok i'll do what u said, firstly where the fuse's and where's the earth for the egnition.
Oh yeah:-
Zimma wrote:
Luke, I'm not helping ya fix ya problems Razz
Retro stop fucking spamming, go home! Razz Twisted Evil

Very Happy

Fuck u zim, just cause ure bikes shit Razz, and ure shuch a nob that u pulled a wheelie infront of cops Very Happy, tut tut, what a twat Razz
Very Happy

Dont mess with me BITCH Twisted Evil

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:28 - 05 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Keith says, make sure you check all the electrics before buying a new battery. If you do have a problem somewhere, it would just wreck another battery.

Craig - I think this is your problem too mate... no bike should get through batteries that quickly

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:04 - 06 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

If you have any worries about the battery, get a voltmeter and put it across the battery terminals. Should be about 12~13 volts with the ignition off. With the engine running this should go up to 14~15 volts as you rev it

All the best

Keith

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:26 - 06 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fuse is under the seat, in the little plastic 'tray' if I remember from Stehphen's bike.

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:44 - 06 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
ok it was tyhe fuse comming from the battery but the lights seem a bit dodgy and the starter motor is still not working, when i press the ignition it sounds like the engines moving VERY slowly and it makes sum kind of wirrring noise, is it a fucked starter motor, cause when i did work it would make sum wired noise's as i started the bike up? (looks for kickstart)

Luke

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:53 - 06 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ridden the bike (so the battery would get charged up again).. If the problem was intermitant it might have drained the battery with a short circuit before completly killing it.

Also whatever cased the problem is probably still there... so it'd be worth have a look at the wiring.

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:24 - 06 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
will do G (kieths got a rival:P), when u say look at the wireing, do u mean the ones behind the lights, as that problem started when i got a new bulb fitted.

Il let u know how i get on,

Luke

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:26 - 06 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong bulb in the bike? Confused just a suggestion Razz

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 15:37 - 06 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'd be a good place to start... and possibly your indicators as I thought I remembered you saying they were dodgy.

As Kris said also check the Bulb.. apparantly the NSR is quite bad for killin batteries if you use too bright bulbs.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 179 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1