Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I Can Ride My Bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:58 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: I Can Ride My Bike Reply with quote

I can ride my bike today! had my full licence for a year. i rode to work, not much chance to open in up, but still the power difference is quite alot. Its very quick Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 10:52 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

what bike??
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tanner18
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:32 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah what bike dan

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:56 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: 1 Reply with quote

my RGV250

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 12:41 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

you went from an nsr125 to a 250?? wat was the point? should of got a 400
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 12:46 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

An RGV is quite a bit faster than an NSR, it probably wouldnt be too far behind a sports 400 in a race either.

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 13:07 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

but no where near as nice sounding Twisted Evil

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 13:40 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh but you have a mental powerband to play with though.
and its a 250, almost a wolf in sheeps clothing...

Robson
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:43 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGV's are 400 killers 60hp handle better than any 400 you wanna play with i have plans for a nice RGV myself nothin like an evil stroker esecially with handling like an RGV....they are the weapons just gotta pass my test and get one now

Paul (Robson)

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 13:46 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

But arn't they ment to have a bit of an unreliable power valve..?
or is it that if it does go wrong it gets sucked into the engine, then all hell breaks loose inside your engine??

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 13:49 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

and blow up after ten minutes>>>>

Robson
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:50 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what ive heard as long as you take care of your bike (strokers always require more maintence) then you shouldnt have a problem - i have heard that myself (unreliable power valve) but i know someone whos had one for 2 years and has only had very minor probs since he got it......not bad for a stroker

Also i suppose its wether or not you managed to get a good one it'll be virtualy impossible to get one that hasnt been ranted as 2 strokes wernt meant for crusin they are go fast bikes and people who buy them tend to buy them for that reason but thats not always a bad thing at least its used to getting givin some stick which is what you'll be doing with it anyway

Paul (Robson)

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 14:16 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why spend the money doing up a 250 which you can't insure legally for less than a few grand when you could just as easily spend it on a bigger faster bike?? I understand getting one just after you've passed you test but as soon as you try to incrase the HP it gets expensive.

Robson
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:20 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont reckon i'd need anymore than 60hp especially on a bike as light as a RGV but i know exactly what your saying more power=more probs in any scenario

Paul (Robson)

Keith

PostPosted: 14:28 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

On any kind of tight road / track the 250 2 stroke will easily outperform a 400 4 stroke. OK on the 250 you will need to replace the pistons and rings every so often (about 10000 miles on an RGV I think), but then on the 250 you dont need to adjust the valves and the plugs are easy to get at (about half an hour each plug on the FZ750 for example).

Basically if you want a sports bike then the 250 2 strokes are probably a better bet. They tend to have a more extreeme riding position so are not so hot on a long journey.

As to top speed, the Kawasaki KR1S 250 managed 143mph on the PB road test (from memory).

All the best

Keith
You must be logged in to rate posts

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 14:32 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I'm talking about practicality. For what you spend on the 250 to get it to 60hp you could buy a 600 with 100hp stock and it would still be cheaper to insure. IMO

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 14:35 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonic69 wrote:
I understand getting one just after you've passed you test...

I vaguely remember Dan mentioning that you don't actually have to do a "test" to get a licence in Jersey...you just do a CBT-type-thing, and after a year, you get a full licence Shocked Evil or Very Mad Neutral Smile...I could have remebered wrong though Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 14:37 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, cool!

Robson
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:43 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGV's are listed stock with 60hp no tuning required an RS uses the same engine but different exhaust and managment sys and thats whacking out 70hp stock

A good rgv will make 55 rearwheel hp standard

Paul (Robson)

MarsBar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:45 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonic69 wrote:
But I'm talking about practicality. For what you spend on the 250 to get it to 60hp you could buy a 600 with 100hp stock and it would still be cheaper to insure. IMO

But the RGV250 is 63bhp stock anyway Dean , and it costs a third of the price.

Robson
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:48 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strokers CC 4 CC have more power than 4ST's but that also comes with more probs aswell unfortunatly altough are generally easier to work on than 4ST its all compromise what ever way you go eh!!

Paul (Robson)

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 14:52 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

63 stock?? Fook me!! That's cool then!!

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:29 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiN wrote:

I vaguely remember Dan mentioning that you don't actually have to do a "test" to get a licence in Jersey...you just do a CBT-type-thing, and after a year, you get a full licence Shocked Evil or Very Mad Neutral Smile...I could have remebered wrong though Razz

to cleer this 1 up, u have a prov 125 licence, then u do your full 125 lcence, after you have had that u can ride n e bike u want on another provisional. (not inc insurance and that) the u just do a full test for ur "big bike" licence

As 4 the RGV as i found out today they are very very fast, done for speeding already Embarassed think there 0-60 is just over 4 seconds. top of bout 130. It wil beat a 400 no problems.

The reason i went for a RGV is because 1, the insurance 2, it was a bargin and 3 its quick.

Insurence is £480 TTPF from now till August. the bike only cost me £650 its in really good nick, 11k miles nothing wrong with it.

What i will proberly do is ride it for 6 months or something till my perbation is over at work then get a cheap loan (4%) and get a 600

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 20:59 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
As 4 the RGV as i found out today they are very very fast, done for speeding already Embarassed think there 0-60 is just over 4 seconds. top of bout 130. It wil beat a 400 no problems.

Not dissing the bike but it's the same as most 400's. My 0-60 is in the low 4's and top is 130 and mine's on of the slower 400's.

/me wants a 6 or 750 now Sad

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 23:44 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

250 2-strokes are fast and very quick round corners and generally have excellent handling but a 400 like the ZXR will get 145mph so they will never 'leave on for dust'
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 177 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2