no
72%
 72%  [ 13 ]
yes
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 18

jaz

PostPosted: 17:17 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Nitrous on a 125?! Reply with quote

Hi folks.

from the heading... the first thing id think is : dont be so f*ck*n crazy!

so when a friend of a friend said to the friend inbetween(ya with me?) that he was sellin his nitro injection kit as hes jus bought an r1 and was offerin it to me for £200, to put on my NSR125r,naturally i thought id better get some guidence! Confused

so:

a) will it work?
b) will it burn the hell outa my bike
c) is 200 for a 2nd hand kit ok? ive no idea.
d) wot r the penalties for a 125 with 32 plus an Xtra 80bhp comin outa the can!?!
e)how much 4 sum new cans of gas(its one with 2 cylinders rather'n one, for ease of concealment...i like it Very Happy )

anyone with some input, greatly appreciated. Smile ta

j@Z
You must be logged in to rate posts

Robson
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:30 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st off mate you will never manage to add 50hp to a 125 ive looked into this myself jetting is what to worry about as n02 add loads of oxgen to the fuel/air mix if its not spot o you'll blow a great big hole in your piston you could add 5hp extra without a problem, £200 is a good deal mate but idealy you need a pro to fit it correctly and get it running sweet basically its possible alright mate check out www.rdlccrazy.com hes modded a RD125 to accept nitrous and she did do 125mph so thats the best place i know of to source info on this kinda thing

Nitrous wont destroy your bike but improper fitting will mate and i would never add anymore than 5hp - 10hp to a 125 as you will blow your bike up the little 125 wasnt meant for 45hp+ the crank wouldnt survive anyway

Hope this helps mate

Paul (Robson)

Last edited by Robson on 14:21 - 08 Nov 2002; edited 1 time in total

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:50 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say go for it mate Very Happy

FFS if everyone was sensible It'd be boring Razz plus, if you had a 125mph NSR you'd get some serious attention at bike meets Mr. Green

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:59 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another thread about this somewhere, but i cant be bothered to search for it!

If it does work, i would worry about the engine life, but what the fuck Twisted Evil

let us know how it goes Cool

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 18:00 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

well robson's pretty much explained it all.
To be honest i wouldnt touch it.
But thts just me being sensible and thinking of just getting a biger bike rather than taking a chance with a 125 NOS bike...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:02 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

and then there will be the task of insuring it!

although as G said in the other thread, you might well be dead, so i wouldnt worry about it Shocked

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:05 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

If I remember rightly, the angle of the cylinder on the NSR means that if the engine did blow the piston is aimed at your nads Shocked

....something to think about when you're flat out doing 125mph on a 125 at 12000rpm Wink

tanner18
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:33 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

tanner18
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:38 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

my mate was on about gettin it for his rs125 but there unreliable anyhow the fucker would just go bang

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:16 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I would be tempted to go for it, but you havent got a hope in hell of getting an extra 80hp from the nitrous. Probably at best another 20hp. It will take alot of time to set up properly, and if you get it wrong it will blow the engine up.

However, at £200 it is fairly cheap and would be fun to add to a larger bike

Lots of things will need to change to make the best of the nitrous, such as ignition timing, fueling and gearing. Combined these will make the bike noticably slower when you are not using the nitrous

All the best

Keith

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 22:21 - 07 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you dont buy it tell the guy i'll buy his kit after christmas, as long as i can fit it to a 4 cyl bike.

thats right children, i'm planning on NOSing the old NC24. high level exhausts look good, high level exhausts with fire coming out look better.

Robson
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 09:27 - 08 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself would say go for it mate just get a pro to fit it as i said before nitrous wont blow your bike up (well unless your adding and extra 30hp through it) but impropper fittment will so thats worth taking into account you should be able to get away with 10hp (you can buy jets that meter the n02 flow ie you can get 5hp jets this will also make your tank last longer which can only be a good thing eh) but believe me 10hp extra on a 125 is one kickin the pants extra it will go like sh*t of a stick mate but you idealy need a progressive controller as you dont want an extra 10hp comin in all at once as it would probably make your bike flip unless you never let her rip until you were doin a high speed anyway, im sure the controllers do cost a bit aswell mate. have a look at

https://www.noswizard.com/

you'll find all the info you need mate you can also ask them questions about the systems and controllers they sell via email

Hope this helps mate

Paul (Robson)

Robson
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:19 - 08 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

here you are mate this is the rersponse i got when inquiring about a nos kit for my rd

Dear Paul,
Thank you for your interest in our products.

The most suitable system for a single cylinder engine is the 'Street-Blaster
50,' which is supplied as a DIY kit at
£389, and will achieve whatever power level you want (up to 50+ bhp).
As you state such increases are insane and impossible on an RD125LC, so we
would offer you 5-10bhp jets to begin with and increase to 15bhp if
required.
Even this low power level would probably be too
much for you to handle in a single hit so I STRONGLY suggest that you add a
progressive control unit.

We offer a choice of 2 progressive control units the New Digital Minimax @
£259 and the New Digital Powamax @ £399.

All our systems deliver smoother power than US made kits, which makes our
systems safer to use, adding a progressive control is even better.

All prices are plus postage (& vat if appropriate).

I hope that you now have all of the information you require and I look
forward to receiving your order. If you need more information, I would
gladly answer any questions you may have.

Regards,
Lisa (The Wizardess of NOS)

Paul (Robson)

j@Z

PostPosted: 16:01 - 08 Nov 2002    Post subject: oh Reply with quote

see, i had a pretty good idea of the response...but if one out of ten says it might work then bugger it..im gonna try Twisted Evil

It will be fitted by a pro of course.. im a rider not a mechanic...

so ill go with the 10hp jets(or maybe 5 to start) and probabally forget the prog controll unit, jus not kick the switch till im steamin anyway...

i cant afford the prog unit...but then again i cant afford to fix a battered engine... well ill need a new job then ay Smile

nos on an rs? they blow up after 7k anyway!! lol id never put one on them...

i need the bike re-jetted anyway so may aswell do the lot when we put thee kit on.

Thanks all for the input. i will be (extremely) carefull with it(if i do indeed go for it).. but if u see an all black blur doin 120 and it sounds like a torchered pig... its me, wave! Very Happy

oh.. and just in case...ill wear a box if im gonna be canin the Nitro!

Ill let y'all know how it goes.

thanx Smile

j@Z

Robson
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:22 - 08 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the one mate go for it let us all know how you get on with it Very Happy

Paul (Robson)

Keith

PostPosted: 17:41 - 08 Nov 2002    Post subject: Re: oh Reply with quote

j@Z wrote:
nos on an rs? they blow up after 7k anyway!! lol id never put one on them...

What goes are the main bearings (after about 15000km, alot more if you use fully synthetic oil) and the rings (if you dont change them). Doubt either would be greatly affected by the extra power. I would be more worried about the piston itself, big end bearings, con rod and little end bearings.

All the best

Keith

kev
I Hump Things

PostPosted: 12:04 - 10 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

if he has still got the kit ive got cash waiting now as my shiny new 160bhp katana needs more power
20:02:36 Jammy-R6: any holes a goal
20:02:48 kev: even if its a hairy mans arse
20:02:56 Jammy-R6: hell yes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:06 - 10 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duke: order from https://www.noswizard.com/
Get the 300bhp one Shocked Cool

Now that would be fast!!!!!!!!!!!

kev
I Hump Things

PostPosted: 12:10 - 10 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

might be fun but adding 300 bhp might just blow the shit out of my engine so i will just go for a 150 boost

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:12 - 10 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

arseupduke wrote:
i will just go for a 150 boost

Hmmm, sounds quite reasonable to me Very Happy That will go like shit off a shovel! /me wants the 300bhp on on his nsr Shocked

kev
I Hump Things

PostPosted: 12:14 - 10 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

at the moment the bike will piss all over an r1 in a straight line but i want more so im going for nos or a turbo

stevo
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 12:31 - 10 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally wouldent want Nitrous on a 125cc. I dont really like nitrous anyhow. Its got too many limitations. I mean you can only use it for short bursts, unless you want to blow the motor up or empty the bottle in 1min. It usually can only be used at full throttle in the higher gears, and cant be kept on during gear changes or a full run through the box. Its expensive, and then theres problems with locating the bottle, and all the wiring, and solenoids required etc. I think its more of a risk on a 2stroke as you cant afford to let it run weak even for a few seconds. And as said b4 your bottom end isnt gonna take kindly to another 10bhp in the long term. Having said all that there are a few people who have used nitrous with some sucess on small 100-180cc 2stroke scooters. The SCCC peugeot speedfight has had a Nitrous system developed for it, (system by NOS) and it seems to work well after a few teething troubles. its taken a 125cc speedfight from 12bhp to 24bhp, and it now does 16sec 1/4mile@80ish. For the street its just too much hassle and expense on a 125. If you want other ways to stress your bottom end and add power to an NSR then i think it would be a far better idea to go for a 160/180cc big bore kit, and a bigger carb etc, as youd probably get a bit more power and torque, which would be available all the time, and not just down a long straight.

The most powerful road going stroker (probably/definately) in the country (Mark Dents suzuki RGV575) doesnt have Nitrous fitted, and that makes 145bhp at the wheel!! So at the end of the day theres no substitute for ££££'s worth of race tuning and specially made components, along with hundreds of hours of work.

kev
I Hump Things

PostPosted: 13:42 - 10 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

just had a silly thought forget nos on a 125 how about nos on a mini moto

Mr Lucky
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 02:50 - 11 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will kill the bike unless you have it fitted professionally. It is as simple as that.

What kind of kit is it?

Do yourself a favour and spend the money you were going to chuck on the Nos to buy a big bore kit instead. Always there, cheap, effective and a lot of fun too...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 174 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1