Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Work Issues.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

phil_DT
Nova Slayer



Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:01 - 13 Nov 2007    Post subject: Work Issues..... Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am currently on a Volvo HGV technician appreticeship, Now part of my course is to go down to a college in leicster on block release, last week I went down to college and on my way back to accomadation I was attacked by a group of 10-15 youths I am in a pretty bad way, my nose is broke and I have cuts to the head and face. The problem is my boss when I took the job told me all expenses will be paid for and I will be well looked after. I have been given no expenses and he has not even bothered to contact me to see if i am ok, I have left 4 messages on his voicemail yet still nothing back. I am suppose to be returning to college today but I have no travel money and I want an accomadation change to somewere closer to the college, So ladies and gents what should I do? I feel as though he is taking the piss and am seriously considering handing in my notice.

thanks in advance..
____________________
1992 DT80MX with Gianelli zorst and Mallosi Carb. Goes through engines faster than tyres.....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith



Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:26 - 13 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope your ok, it sucks getting a kicking.

Often Expenses come out of your own pocket and you claim them back once you hand in your receipts.....Have you done this? Have you any expense forms? Have you kept all receipts etc? Have you contact the relevant department at your work to sort this out? Or try to find out what the procedure is?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:26 - 13 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty rough mate. Is there anyone else you can speak to at work other than your boss.

Hope your feeling better soon. Thumbs Up
____________________
If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

phil_DT
Nova Slayer



Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:35 - 13 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other apprentice that I work with goes to a different college to me but he gets cash in hand at the start of the college block to pay for his expenses, I have just tried ringing my boss again but he is busy apparently, To be honest Im in pain and I have had enough of it, so I best get job hunting again......
____________________
1992 DT80MX with Gianelli zorst and Mallosi Carb. Goes through engines faster than tyres.....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith



Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:41 - 13 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of the pain I would at least want to get in touch with someone who could explain what the fvck was going on.

How old are you BTW?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

phil_DT
Nova Slayer



Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:19 - 13 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 16 mate, Just contacted my boss and have organised a meeting tommorow to sort this mess out.
____________________
1992 DT80MX with Gianelli zorst and Mallosi Carb. Goes through engines faster than tyres.....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

phil_DT
Nova Slayer



Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:20 - 13 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 16 mate, Just contacted my boss and have organised a meeting tommorow to sort this mess out.
____________________
1992 DT80MX with Gianelli zorst and Mallosi Carb. Goes through engines faster than tyres.....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith



Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:29 - 13 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he'd remained uncountable, given your circumstances I would have got in touch with either of your parents and have them visit your boss for a word about his conduct. Nothing quite like the anger of a parent when their kid has had a injustice carried out and it sounds like your situation fits into that category. Unless he was incredibly hard nosed, he'd be very apologetic.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

southlondoner
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:53 - 13 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly - Sorry to hear you got attacked, shouldn't happen and you are quite right to be pissed off and want to be closer. However you should have the same expenses treatment as the other apprentice you mentioned, personally my company (I do buses, pretty much the same as HGVs) pay for everything themselves upfront rather than having to claim - but you should be getting fair treatment.

Secontly - I'd beg you to stay with the apprenticeship. Heavy Vehicle apprenticeships invariably pay much better than most other things avaliable at your age. You'll get a qualification and will then be on a decent wage at the end. Try to talk your griefs out with your boss and take the rough with the smooth! It's definatley worth sticking it out though!
____________________
-southlondoner-
2002 Honda CG125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thefallenange...
Crazy Courier



Joined: 01 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:31 - 13 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

read above post.


Apprenticeships are better money than any other ob at the age of 16 and 19. I'm 2nd year Electrical and got a brand new SV which i can afford and still get pretty smashed every week.

Stick at it and remember you've only got 6 months more in college and you'll be in a workshop then. (Luckily i started of on 2 days college, 3 days work). The 1st year is the hardest, stick it out as it's worth it in the long run.

Just try to get as far as you can with your company (mine have offered money to carry on to the end of a masters which means massive money at 25 + chartered). Survive the next 6 months and it'll be a lot more enjoyable from there. It's more of a survival of the fittest with 1st year apprentices.
____________________
Past - CG125 ,KR1S, SV650s, Street Triple R - Current - Duke 390

[email protected]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:38 - 13 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been there done that (been attacked by a large mob) I'm sorry you had to experience it.

nothing to see here...
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.


Last edited by Itchy on 20:34 - 14 Nov 2007; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thefallenange...
Crazy Courier



Joined: 01 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:02 - 13 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

apprentices are forgotten by everyone. We aren't classed as jobless, fully employed or student but notice we still get robbed for tax, no housing benefits or student benefits. We're robbed blind.
____________________
Past - CG125 ,KR1S, SV650s, Street Triple R - Current - Duke 390

[email protected]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

phil_DT
Nova Slayer



Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:48 - 14 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the meeting and The issues have been sorted, Going back to college today and then im back on friday, got 6 weeks in the workshop then another 2 week block of college. Thanks for all the help im glad i have stuck it out now. Cheers!! Thumbs Up
____________________
1992 DT80MX with Gianelli zorst and Mallosi Carb. Goes through engines faster than tyres.....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 330 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.89 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 80.51 Kb