Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Pictures of Miss Lucky's NSR 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Miss Lucky
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:29 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I mean. I sometimes got frustrated with the CG when it felt like I wasnt getting anywhere. I will be happy knowing I have the extra power there just incase I even need it. Although I am told the speed bug might bite and if i ever get the blue flashing lights I am to batter my eyelids and pretend I knew nothing. Wink Unless I have some serious U-turn practise on the NSR which I doubt I will get the hang of anyway then I will be doing my test on the CG. Lucky paid for me an extra 10 hours of lessons after my CBT which I enjoyed. I was told that I can ride but I just need the experience with being out on the roads more often now. So what better way to get it other than get my own bike and my own helmet to helmet intercom for Lucky and I?. Very Happy

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 15:38 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a bike-bike intercom. Then you can ride seperately and chat. Like Zak and me attempted, but his NSR was too loud and the batteries died Very Happy I took all my lessons and my tests on a CG/SR. They're just more forgiving than the NSR.
By the looks of you you'll have no problems fluttering and batting and speeding offences away. Wink

Miss Lucky
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:43 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bless you. Bike to bike intercom is what I meant really just like what the CBT instructor has but it will allow me to talk back to him so he can help and advise me if i get stuck or lost and he can tell me what im doing wrong. I rode with him once while doing one of my lessons. He dropped me off on the busa and Lucky the instructor and I rode out togheter. It was so weird seeing the busa in my very own set of bike mirrors. Then he had to overtake and go home so he didnt put me off. It will be weird when we are rolling the bikes out together for the first time to go for a lovely summers ride. I think Lucky will be more scared than I will be as he will have to watch me riding by myself. Razz

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 15:45 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, can't blame him. We'll have to meet up and you can explain the joys of being a biker babe to my GF. Then we may be riding out as a 4-some Very Happy

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 15:52 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes deany, saving yourself the trouble of convincing em yourself Laughing just get another girl to do it for you Laughing nice one mate Very Happy

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 15:58 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah matey Very Happy I can convince her about other things but she reckons I'm biased about bikes. She just needs a girlie nudge in the right direction and I'll be drooling over her leather-clad form in no time Very Happy

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 15:59 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

you dirty dog you Laughing hehehehe

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 16:02 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try Very Happy

Miss Lucky
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:03 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Fine by me. There is nothing I find more frustrating then trying to talk to someone about the joy's of biking when they cant see past the 'I dont like bikes they are too dangerous' thing. I now know how Lucky once felt trying to talk to me about how fun biking is and how he loves getting ready to go out for a lovely summers morning ride and how getting your leathers on is one great ritual. Cool Now he has got me talking to everyone about how good biking is and how thrilling and wonderful it is to be sat on the back of a bike the acceleration and the adrenaline. People who dont understand and have never experienced anything like it think im mad and I feel like a preacher. I just want them to understand how great it is. Laughing Just look what Lucky has done to me. I tell you what though I dont regret the day I got on the back of that busa. I havent looked at another car since. Wink

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 16:07 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! She's said she'd go on the back eventually. I've just got to find a day and time. I'd love her to learn how to ride and be able to go out for a blast with me!!
When I try to get past the "Too Dangerous" thing most ppl are shocked by the real statistics, it feels like Parents everywhere warn kids about bikes before strangers.

Miss Lucky
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:15 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats true. My parents were never bike lovers but I am slowly bringing them round. My mam has been round the block at 30mph on the busa and she thought it was fast Laughing and my dad and his partner are really excited about my NSR and both him and his partner want to do their direct access. I dont know if they ever will or not but it shows that they are more open minded towards bikes and bikers now. I knew my preaching would work eventually. Wink

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 16:33 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

My rents kicked me out when I got the NSR.
Then they bought me an alarm and stuff Very Happy

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 16:34 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I know Susi reads this forum, maybe you can talk some sense into her too Smile .. She doesn't mind bein pillion, but I cant seem to convince her to do her CBT and get on a bike of her own Sad Very Happy

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:21 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen of all the NSR125F's ... they aren't restricted, but they have a lower top speed than the faired models but are faster than standard restricted 125s. Top speed probably won't be much above 85 and you will need to slip the clutch.. often into 2nd or 3rd to get decent acceleration ... well you don't need to kill your clutch *quite* that much, but it'll give you an extra .1 sec Very Happy

As for wheelies... my experiments have proved it *is* possibly to get it up pretty high... but there's no way I'd like to try and keep it up, if you can get it right into the balance point:
To do a wheelie push down hard on the pegs with the engine ata bout 7000rpm... as the forks decompress pull the power on... after a bit of practice you can get it up pretty high....
not recommended on the shitty tyres mine has, in the wet.... it low sided while the front wheel was in the air!.... ouch again (and only wearing jeans.. but it wasn't that bad.. did bend the forks however Sad )

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 17:38 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
and you will need to slip the clutch.. often into 2nd or 3rd to get decent acceleration ... well you don't need to kill your clutch *quite* that much, but it'll give you an extra .1 sec Very Happy

Ive found this, but of the line up until about 50mph ive beaten all the faired NSR's around here.
Its a shame they suck on top end though.
I blame the aerodynamics of the bike.
No fairing = Bus Aerodnamics....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Keith

PostPosted: 19:36 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Miss LuckyI think Lucky was on about de-restricting it before I even got it so that I can learn how to handle it being a tiny bit faster straight away. [/quote]

Hi

Being honest I would say leave it restricted for the first week, and then see how you feel. The way small 2 strokes make power is very different to small 4 strokes. Just gives you a few days practice to get used to the bike

Oh, and I think yours is an import (never seen that colour on a UK one) and therefore is probably restricted by some odd way the dealer thought of (or may not be restricted at all)

All the best

Keith
You must be logged in to rate posts

Miss Lucky
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:45 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

G thanks for the clutch advice, as for the wheeling technique I wont be worry about that too much both my wheels will be staying on the road. Wink

Hi Keith and thanks, it makes sense about the re-stricting it was just something we talked about. It will be a long time before I ride it there will be a long winter of polishing, cleaning and fixing little fiddly bits first. Cool I will have to ask the guy at the bike shop if he knows anything about it's history. I wonder where it could have been imported from? What are the UK colour schemes?

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 20:46 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Italian import most likely. Should be the NS125F/whatever year if I'm right.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:10 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

It *is* a NSR125F not the NS... I *think* they were only available as imports. I haven't heard of any being restericted. It probably doesn't have much more power than the 15hp that the laws says now.

I have searched everywhere I can think of for restrictions.. and can't seem to find any. With a downhill I've got near the redline so I presume there wouldn't be much more, even if it was.

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 11:21 - 13 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine hits redline in 6th on a striaght, if you have one long enough...
probably could do with another gear to sqeeze more power out the git...lol
maybe taller gearing.
but then again i dont do many motorway trips so i'm happy with the faster accleration...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Keith

PostPosted: 19:47 - 13 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Lucky wrote:
Hi Keith and thanks, it makes sense about the re-stricting it was just something we talked about. It will be a long time before I ride it there will be a long winter of polishing, cleaning and fixing little fiddly bits first. Cool I will have to ask the guy at the bike shop if he knows anything about it's history. I wonder where it could have been imported from? What are the UK colour schemes?

Hi

Not sure if the NSR125F was imported to the UK. It is probably an Italian import

Chances are that if it is an Italian import then there is no history with it. Basically in Italy they are almost given away (it costs money to keep a bike registered, whether it is on the road or not) so the importers just pick them up for peanuts, bung them in a van to bring them back and flog them over here

Might be winter, but on clear days you will be comfy for a while (just get some decent winter gear), so you should have plenty of time to get used to it. OK it is no fun riding a bike for pleasure in rain, but it doesnt rain all the time Very Happy

All the best

Keith

Miss Lucky
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:03 - 14 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. Lot's of good information and advice for me which is what I need. It's interesting that my bike is an import it never really crossed my mind to the fact, probably just because it has english clocks. I dont intend to be doing much if any riding at all through the winter but like you said Keith it doesnt rain all the time. I just wish they would invent lid's with windscreen wipers for when it does. Laughing

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:23 - 14 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol... we've had the 'windscreen wiper' discussion before... I think the general consensus (well, my opionon anyway Very Happy) was that it wouldn't work/be practicle.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:23 - 14 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol... we've had the 'windscreen wiper' discussion before... I think the general consensus (well, my opionon anyway Very Happy) was that it wouldn't work.be practicle.

Keith

PostPosted: 19:55 - 14 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
lol... we've had the 'windscreen wiper' discussion before... I think the general consensus (well, my opionon anyway Very Happy) was that it wouldn't work.be practicle.

Naah, just keep accelerating until the wind blows the water out of the way (officer Cool )

The rain on the outside of the visor doesnt bother me that much (easy to wipe away). It is when it gets on the inside of the visor or on my glasses that it is a pain. My current lid is quite bad for it (but my old one was also a Shoei with the same visor and that was fine)

All the best

Keith
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 158 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4