6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
NAY!!!!
93%
 93%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 15

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 19:05 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Do away with post dependant names?? Reply with quote

Right, people spam i beleive(as i did) to get to the ultimate goal, i used to be on an mp3 forum thingy for my jukebox, that was based on length of time AND posts, you either got so many posts or got to the end of the month, but you couldnt go more than 1 name up a month or every two weeks if you were new. I think that it needs to be changed to 1 month = 100 posts (accept ZIM, KORN, KICKS, and all the other ones that started in march or wenevr). just a suggestion and i didnt want to post it in suggestions cos no-one would read it. i think MOST of you will agree. people will still have a post count it just doesnt add to your name tag.

ps i know ther are mistks in theese words i writed' so donut tri and corect them plaese/
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 19:08 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAY!

individual names are wicked
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Wingchunal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:10 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it really matter jimbo? Sad 100 posts a month is a queer idea boy Razz

G1_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:18 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's just a bit of fun, and to be honest all ppl accused of spamming seem to have seen the light.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien

PostPosted: 21:35 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

why bring this up again?

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:40 - 12 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hows about letting us choose our own name tags?

eon_tal
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:07 - 13 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

imho the system we have now is great...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 00:13 - 13 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

there seems to be confusion....u can post as many posts as you want, it doesnt affect your tag, your tag goes up by how many months you've been in the forum, rather than how many times you can posts
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:19 - 13 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
get life jim why bring this up again, the site has been up for 10 months and its been fine till u kinda people turned up, too busy trying to be popular instead of being interested in bikes, go fuck yourself

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

minesweeper
Whoah there!

PostPosted: 09:37 - 13 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHill chaps, its just a name under our posts not worth fighting over... plenty of hat on tv soon....

Matt

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 11:15 - 13 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, I don't even pay attention to the names... i know whos got custom ones, and the rest i've read before, so i don't bother reading them again Smile

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:58 - 13 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I pay more attention to the avatar.

I dont think this would be any benefit. There is no actual problem with it at the moment I think. And how does saying more 100 posts a month present a problem? As long as they are useful posts its not. However, the starting on this thread might not fall under that catorgry to a lot of people Rolling Eyes Confused

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 17:55 - 13 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I think it is better left as it is. If we all start choosing our own name tags its gonna get out of hand and boring, and it's a lot of work for Korn to designate everybody their own. If someone is really really that bothered and sad enough to sit here and post god knows how many posts a day just to get upto 1000 posts and be 'entitled' to their own personalised nametag then let them do it. What needs to be considered here is a system whereby if people spam, posts are taken away from them, coz I don't know about anyone else but with the forum getting bigger and bigger it's becoming hard to keep up with the amount of posts per day, and to open a thread and there being a post at the end saying 'lol' and all the rest you've read before pisses me off.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 18:02 - 13 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have over 1500 posts and still dont have a custom name, doesnt exactly ruin my world.

it's fine as it is plain and simple.

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 18:05 - 13 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Zak.

And by the way Zak... it's over 1600 posts you've got Laughing. But that's not the point, the point is that I've got over 1100 posts, yet I like to think and believe that my posts are relevant, as yours are. It's the people who type one liners that piss me off, they almost type things for the sake of it, they don't actually think to themselves 'is it really worth me typing this, will it benefit other people?'

Q
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:43 - 13 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like this?

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 18:46 - 13 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not usually lower myself to reply to this... but for the purpose of proving my point... yes.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 18:48 - 13 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry... couldn't resist.

To be fair I do sometimes type just type 'lol' as a post etc... but the majority of the time I do have a point to make.
Tobe honest I'm not particularly bothered by it, if someone is posting just for the sake of it, it's pretty obvious and people will form their own opinions of them.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:05 - 13 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as long as the post adds to the thread, I dont mind/ care. This is kinda what the karma system is for (how many times has this been said) as if you post crap then bad karma, if you post good, good karma

zaknafien

PostPosted: 19:06 - 13 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

but your the exception right? Razz

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 09:42 - 14 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just thought of a tag for you Zak!! "Harley hater" Laughing

zaknafien

PostPosted: 20:17 - 14 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought of that one in the original names thread just so i wouldnt be allowed it Razz

Zimma
Wheelie Junkie

PostPosted: 21:28 - 14 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill get on to korn to change it tonight dean Smile

zaknafien

PostPosted: 07:08 - 15 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO!!!! i suggested it, so since i came up with it for myself you cant use it!

/me drops a ton of mud infront of zim "wanna push?" again Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 139 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1