Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Man punched trick-or-treat boy, 8

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

powelly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:08 - 30 Nov 2007    Post subject: Man punched trick-or-treat boy, 8 Reply with quote

61 year old man punched an 8 year old boy in the face because he knocked on his door even though he had a note in his window saying "no trick, no treat, no thanks".

Quote:
"I feel there was an element of provocation but it is no excuse and I am distressed that I let my temper slip in this way,"

He has been warned he may face prison, lets hope he gets a good kicking from the bigger boys.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7084799.stm

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:11 - 30 Nov 2007    Post subject: Re: Man punched trick-or-treat boy, 8 Reply with quote

powelly wrote:

He has been warned he may face prison, lets hope he gets a good kicking from the bigger boys.

Bollocks to that. Well done that man. Thumbs Up It's the kids own fault for not being able to read. Laughing

powelly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:15 - 30 Nov 2007    Post subject: Re: Man punched trick-or-treat boy, 8 Reply with quote

gsxrmick wrote:
powelly wrote:

Bollocks to that. Well done that man. Thumbs Up It's the kids own fault for not being able to read. Laughing

So if you cant read a sign in latin, is it ok to give you a kicking?

now if he punched the parents for letting the kid go trick or treating on his own then that would be a different matter. Laughing

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 30 Nov 2007    Post subject: Re: Man punched trick-or-treat boy, 8 Reply with quote

powelly wrote:
So if you cant read a sign in latin, is it ok to give you a kicking?

now if he punched the parents for letting the kid go trick or treating on his own then that would be a different matter. Laughing

I fail to see your point.

Quote:
Eslick, who represented himself, said the notice was issued by the police and was easy to see and read.

powelly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:22 - 30 Nov 2007    Post subject: Re: Man punched trick-or-treat boy, 8 Reply with quote

gsxrmick wrote:

I fail to see your point.

Quote:
Eslick, who represented himself, said the notice was issued by the police and was easy to see and read.

If your kids not smart enough to read a sign then its the parent who are at fault for letting the kid go out on their own, this isnt the childs fault.

How would you react to a grown man punching your child? would you pat him on the back and tell thank him for teaching your kid a lesson?

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:29 - 30 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

For one I wouldnt let my child out to trick or treat alone that's if at all.

Halloween is an overated American custom that should be outlawed in my opinion.

Maybe a punch to the face was a little harsh but the kid may learn to take notice of signs in the future.

/grumpy old man

powelly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:33 - 30 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsxrmick wrote:

/grumpy old man

hence my point, punch the parent in the face Thumbs Up

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 15:12 - 30 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsxrmick wrote:

Maybe a punch to the face was a little harsh but the kid may learn to take notice of signs in the future.

/grumpy old man

Trick-or-treat is an overrated American custom, but in Scotland and the NOrth of England , they've had Guising for generations, where the idea is the kids get dressed up, and have to do a song, dance, trick or some other task to EARN their 'treat'. This whole concept of "give me stuff or I'll 'trick' you" (often involving eggs and flour) is a disgusting selfish american import.

So don't ban Halloween, but encourage the original British celebration of it.

a

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 15:33 - 30 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Thumbs Up

Ha
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:57 - 30 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I had a little chuckle at that but it dosnt make it right for a fully grown man to punch a small 8 year old in the face. If that where my kid and he made the mistake of missing a sign because he nievly thought poeple liked trick or treaters and he was punched i would be out for blood. He could have used that punch for some dirty chav giving guff on the street.

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 30 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punching a child over 'Trick or Treating' is harsh and I hope he gets what he deserves.

Id be out for blood if my son had been punched - Btw, I wouldnt let him T-or-T anyway Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BadToTheBone
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:41 - 30 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsxrmick wrote:
/grumpy old man

You boring old fart Razz
Then again, I suppose it is really meant for us younger people.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 30 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadToTheBone wrote:
Then again, I suppose it is really meant for us younger people.

No, the punch in the face is really meant for you younger people.

'Ave it.

plugger147
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:00 - 06 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsxrmick wrote:

Halloween is an overrated American custom that should be outlawed in my opinion.

No it isn't it's an old Celtic celebration (long before America was known about) , think it was pagan and celebrated in early November before the Christians took over the uk and stole yet another holiday from an outgoing religion.

There is no reason to twat any 8 year old though unless it's threating your life.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 147 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1