Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

This smoking ban hoo-ha

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

h00dwink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:46 - 06 Dec 2007    Post subject: This smoking ban hoo-ha Reply with quote

Was browsing this on the SV owners forum. Something grabbed my attention with both hands and shook it around a bit.
There is one argument non smokers come up with a lot, along the lines of passive smoking-
"I DURNT WAHNT YUR SEKEND HANT CANCA!1 LOL" and so on, you know what i mean.
Someone posted an image of a smokers lung saying something along the lines of
"I RLY DWNT WANT MY LOUNGES TO ENT UP LYK URS HAHA!"
This is the sort of twat that shows off the comparison
https://www.maricopa.gov/Public_Health/Community/images/mary_reily.jpg

Now, don't get me wrong here, I smoke. Hard as that was to guess. And it's fair to say that neither of those lungs is really ever going to give me an erection.
I have quit smoking before, around a year ago but took it up again after 6 months because i'm fucking manly.

In that time I had quit, and even now to be honest, I can honestly say that I didn't/dont give a shit what my lungs will eventually look like (or any other smoking related conundrum). I can't see them, neither can you.
It's not like lungs are a T-shirt with "Kill Jews" or "I HATE NIGGERS" written on it are they? Constantly on display causing offence to everyone you come accross.

I forget where i'm going with this.

In summary, if you're a hardcore anti-smoker, you're as bad (in my books) as someone in peta, green peace or similar organisations.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sagiliam
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:06 - 06 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote loads about how i felt on this. And then i accidently hit the back button. Sod it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nick606
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:17 - 06 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe some people just dislike lung cancer??! ? ....... who knows

JonT
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:28 - 06 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, because if you can't see it then it isn't there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 23:52 - 06 Dec 2007    Post subject: Re: This smoking ban hoo-ha Reply with quote

h00dwink wrote:
https://www.maricopa.gov/Public_Health/Community/images/mary_reily.jpg

Now, don't get me wrong here, I smoke. Hard as that was to guess. And it's fair to say that neither of those lungs is really ever going to give me an erection.

Dunno about an erection, but the one on the right would go down well with some peppercorn sauce, chunky chips and a bowl of fried onion rings Thumbs Up

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:09 - 07 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't believe the hype. I stopped smoking a month ago and I feel absolutely no different (other than I could go a fag).

I have not noticed any appreciable improvement in my sense of smell or taste. I still wake up in the morning feeling like something has died in my mouth (I think this is an effect of cider rather than tobacco).

I don't feel like I am breathing any more easily, I cough just as much as I ever did (ie. not a lot). I do not feel fitter, more awake or any of that shit.

When I pick up clothes I was still wearing when I did smoke, I do not find the smell at all offensive, in fact it is rather aromatic because I didn't smoke tobacco that stinks.

In other words, I have not found any readily discernable positive effects of stopping smoking.

Oh yeah. I felt quite ill when I was using nicotine patches, like I was being poisoned. This feeling stopped within a couple of hours of taking them off.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:45 - 07 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Oh yeah. I felt quite ill when I was using nicotine patches, like I was being poisoned. This feeling stopped within a couple of hours of taking them off.

They made me feel ill too. Mind you when i quit smoking for a month i did get my sense of smell back...

But then where i live smells mainly of piss and tennants super, so i started smoking again. Now i cant smell a dead dog from 3 feet. Excellent.

Zen Dog

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:54 - 07 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Don't believe the hype. I stopped smoking a month ago and I feel absolutely no different (other than I could go a fag).

I have not noticed any appreciable improvement in my sense of smell or taste. I still wake up in the morning feeling like something has died in my mouth (I think this is an effect of cider rather than tobacco).

I don't feel like I am breathing any more easily, I cough just as much as I ever did (ie. not a lot). I do not feel fitter, more awake or any of that shit.

When I pick up clothes I was still wearing when I did smoke, I do not find the smell at all offensive, in fact it is rather aromatic because I didn't smoke tobacco that stinks.

In other words, I have not found any readily discernable positive effects of stopping smoking.

You have to give it longer than a month, it takes longer than that for your body to fully de-toxify. Then you will notice the difference. I didn't smoke a thing last year, and I got my breath back noticeably (running around in the park with the kids instead of stopping to pant within a few minutes).

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:19 - 07 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye. But the hype says you'll feel better within a few days/weeks which is in fact utter bollocks. You will in fact, feel worse.

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 07 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure what the point you are trying to make is but I just wanna say I'm glad of the ban because I personally don't want my lungs to look remotely like that because of someone else smoking. If I was smoking then it'd be my fault but I don't smoke cause.. smokings bad m'kay.

LeeR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 07 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way back when I was a lad they used to show us knackered lungs in biology class. It didn't put me off smoking though as I had other far more pressing issues than the threat of an early death. However, after many years of to-ing and fro-ing (3 on, 2 off, 5 on, 7 off, 6 on, and currently 5 off the fags) I think I've finally got it in perspective and no longer smoke or are bothered by it. In general I think the ban is a good thing, but I do think the government's pressure via the NHS encouraging people to quit is a bit hypocritical. If they were serious they'd ban it, but in truth the cost to the economy would be huge, so they won't and in the mean-time we have to endure all this blather. Penny Coin Penny Coin

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:30 - 07 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The woman in that picture looks really like the lunatic feline medicine professor that taught me at college.

This post was brought to you by the society for the propogation of dull and irrelevant facts.

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:23 - 08 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was proven by a recent study that smoking makes your cock shrink by 0.1mm per cigarette.............haha tiny cock Shocked Laughing Mr. Green

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:38 - 08 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Aye. But the hype says you'll feel better within a few days/weeks which is in fact utter bollocks. You will in fact, feel worse.

True for me, think its different for everybody by the looks of it. I couldn't breath and was drinking bottles of cough med and sucking on inhalers. Thought I was going to die ones nothing was coming up. Also put on weight felt worse there. Was dizzy, placid,tired and numb. Was not myself at all. And them patches where a curse if your ever going to stop just go cut down. Patches had me vomiting,pains in my arm and burns. Last time I reacted to them so not even allowed them after that. Just my end of it.

ncrn
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:35 - 08 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al wrote:
It was proven by a recent study that smoking makes your cock shrink by 0.1mm per cigarette.............haha tiny cock Shocked Laughing Mr. Green

So 1000 would make you lose 10cm, if my math is right. Some how I don't see that being a constant, but I can see how you would lose length.

Al
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:39 - 08 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was only joking about it making your penis shrink.

But its kind of true, smoking can damage the blood vessels, nicotine narrows the arteries that lead to the penis,so reducing blood flow and the pressure of blood in the penis = Mr Floopy Thumbs Down

h00dwink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 08 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

There wasn't really much of a point to my rant, was just a little drunken rambling.
What more's to say, i'v started a good debate. A smoker made a good debate.
Smokers win Very Happy Now i'm going to pop up a boner, because I can.

jimbothe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 12 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps this is the wrong attitude but it's my opinion and we are all entitled to them eh? Either way lets give it a shot and either I will get flamed or agreed with Wink

I smoke, have no real reason, or want to give up. I Know that eventually I may end up with a fatal disease but I can 'sort of' justify it if thats the right words to use.

It is no surprise and a well known fact of life. I am going to die. No matter how soon or late it will be.
I ride a bike every day, now if my own stupidity or a cager doesnt kill me first then maybe cancer will. If it doesnt then old age definately will.

Since the smoking ban I am no longer passing my smoke over to anyone else (not that I was anyway). I enjoy it in the confines of my own home. If you come round for a coffee and dont smoke/ dont like it then dont come round.

I do smoke outside but it's not like I chase non smokers around the park blowing smoke in their faces.

If a smoking ban is what the government see's fit to make the population happy then so be it. It doesnt affect me in the slightest due to working environments anyway as I never could smoke there. As for the pub, they have pretty much all put outside heaters and gazebo's up now to draw the smokers back to the pub.

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 12 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boohoo. I got no problem with you killing yourself, but don't be surprised if I'm not thrilled with you dragging me along for the ride.

jimbothe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 12 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
Boohoo. I got no problem with you killing yourself, but don't be surprised if I'm not thrilled with you dragging me along for the ride.

How exactly would I be dragging you along with me? Confused

Are you going to uproot dig's and come and live with me, tied to my back and gasping at me everytime I light up? I dont think so Wink

nick606
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:57 - 12 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

1samarg wrote:
Silver wrote:

Are you going to uproot dig's and come and live with me, tied to my back and gasping at me everytime I light up? I dont think so Wink

But there is such thing as passive smoking you know Wink .

jimbothe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:59 - 12 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

1samarg wrote:
Quote:
Since the smoking ban I am no longer passing my smoke over to anyone else (not that I was anyway). I enjoy it in the confines of my own home. If you come round for a coffee and dont smoke/ dont like it then dont come round.

I do smoke outside but it's not like I chase non smokers around the park blowing smoke in their faces.

Wink

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:04 - 12 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

1samarg wrote:

Why, you too good for me? Wink

I'm referring, as you know, to indoor passive smoking.

jimbothe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 12 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
1samarg wrote:

Why, you too good for me? Wink

I'm referring, as you know, to indoor passive smoking.

I dont know honey, do you like them butch? Wink Laughing

I understand the passive smoking bit. As of the rule change thats no longer possible so you win there Thumbs Up But I would point out that I have always abided by smoking rulings anyway. I drive a bus for a living and I have never in my working life, been allowed to smoke on any convenience vehicle for that such reason.

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:01 - 13 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Sick

Moving swiftly on...

As a person who works in an office owned by a couple of smokers who used to allow smoking inside from 5:30pm I can honestly say I'm glad to be able to go home from work not smelling like I've been clubbing.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 140 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2