Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

And the price to fix my bike is....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 22:36 - 03 Dec 2002    Post subject: And the price to fix my bike is.... Reply with quote

£2800+!!!!!!!!!
he said about 5-£600 for the frame, £300 for front damage, £600 for sides, £100 for rear wheel or summet, oh and £200 for the tank!. thats £1800 then re reckons a good few days labour coming to £2800!!!!. he charges £50an hour 20hrs for people with poor maths WTF!!! i never imagined that and that doesnt include parts that he finds later!!!
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PostPosted: 23:26 - 03 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err that will be a right off then Question
You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 23:36 - 03 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's gotta be a write off at that price. It'll be on the register if you choose to get it repaired though Jimbo, and nobody will want it once you've told them *why* it is on the register.

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 23:48 - 03 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the value of the bike is £2000 but thats not the book value
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:11 - 04 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Well, they normally write a bike off at about 2/3 of the value of it.

£50 an hour is a bit much, but the quote to fix my Bimota includes 14 hours labour (at £30 ph or £35 ph depending on the dealer, plus vat)

Looking at those photographs I would doubt it is worth fixing. Bodywork is probably repairable at about £500, forks will need replacing as will the frame, and those items alone will cost a fortune

All the best

Keith

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 01:22 - 04 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

the guy was from honda and said "i charge more for insurance jobs.." was he supposed to tell me that?

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 03:20 - 04 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

£50 p/h labour, wtf?

I get charged £18 p/h labour on jobs, and it used to be £15 up until a few months ago.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 07:26 - 04 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get charged about £5 p/h for labour Razz

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:53 - 04 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

He probably presumes that you want the bike written off... and the more he charges for labour the more chance you have of having it written off

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 10:30 - 04 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh the bikes got to be atotal write of at that price anyway.
but hey think of the bright side least a few of us on here will be able to get hold of a few spares now... Laughing

Keith

PostPosted: 14:15 - 04 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimboJ wrote:
the guy was from honda and said "i charge more for insurance jobs.." was he supposed to tell me that?

Hi

He probably isnt meant to tell you that. However, dodgy though it may be it is understandable. From how I understand it the quote the dealer gives the insurance company is binding, so any extra parts found to be damaged during repairs are the dealers responsiblity to fix (and pay for), thus they could well inflate the labour charge to cover themselves

All the best

Keith
You must be logged in to rate posts

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:29 - 04 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
Question Question , just write if off, and get the other insurence company to give ya £2000 grand pretty simple, why u would want fix it is beyond me Question Question

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:32 - 04 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Its like when I crashed mine a few weeks back- I went to the garage and he said "is this an insurance job?" and when I said no he said "oh, we'll make sure we keep it cheap then". Good of him to try and save me cash but regardless of whether I have full comp or not it costs the same to fix! : Very Happy
I'm all for screwing over the insurance companies though Very Happy Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 120 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1