Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Mobile text scam?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:44 - 14 Dec 2007    Post subject: Mobile text scam? Reply with quote

I've just recieved a text from "UpgrdCentre" saying that as an orange customer I may be able to get a free camera phone if I phone 02071539153 now. But I have to do it before the 15th of december.

Google seems to indicate that its some kind of scam, but I've noted that I got it a few minutes after giving my number for ebay so I can be alerted if I'm outbid on an item I'm wanting to get my little sister for christmas.

So am I being paranoid or do you reckon ebay has handed on my number?
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:50 - 14 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likely to be a coincidence.

It makes me laugh when I get them as it says "As an O2 Customer" when I changed to T-Mobile at least 5 years ago and took my number with me. Makes it easy to spot the chancers.
____________________
If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:50 - 14 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

With hold your number and phone and see !! Laughing

It's an 02 number so it won't be one of the premium rate jobs.
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

V2
Nearly there...



Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:23 - 14 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get them phoning me -

Them: Hello Sir, you have won a camera phone.

Me: ORLY?

Them: Yes we just need your bank account details and address

Me: Bank account wtf? just send it heres me address mate......

Them: No, you need to sign up to this contract for 18 months.

Me: Woohoo ive won a contract, Click.

Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:02 - 14 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on orange and get them same texts. Never replied though just spamming really.
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:37 - 14 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah right fair enough I guess the timing was a bit bad then.

I hate the companies that call up and try to get you to take a contract with them when you've just got a new phone.

I did string one company along once telling them I got 10,000 texts a month for £20 a month they told me the closest they could do was £90 a month I said well thats a fair bit more and they were like yeh.. erm thanks anyway.
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 302 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.97 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 49.21 Kb