Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

well, im going mad as well

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 22:13 - 27 Nov 2002    Post subject: well, im going mad as well Reply with quote

i could of sworn i posted these pics earlier....my mate took em yesterday with a better camera they look quite good and no lines Rolling Eyes so you can see a little better! happy hunting
https://uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/mikehenry2k2/lst2?.tok=bcl9099Ap4FTxQ.V&.dir=/James%27s+Bike&.src=ph
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:07 - 27 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Well, that bike is certainly headed for the breakers yard. Snapped frame is going to make it almost certainly a write off. After all, even if no other parts were required the new frame and the labour to swap the parts over would probably be £1500 minimun

Hope you are feeling better

All the best

Keith

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 00:07 - 28 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i thought that, the guy from the insurer is coming round tomorrow when we told him that the frame was snapped he said that itll probably take him about 2 secs, 1 sec to tick the correct reg 1 sec to tick "write off" on his form!. i have started making a claim for my personal injury, does anyone know the average length of time it takes??? as in will i have it for summer Laughing Laughing cos im getting a car till then. im a little unbalanced about getting back on a bike just yet, a little put off one might say....not by riding but by the aftermath of all crashes.
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:53 - 28 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Good luck with the claim

Anyway, it may take ages to get the money through. Years ago I got hit by a car and it took from January to June to get the insurance money through (someone I knew got hit the day before, and took a few months longer). Also with personnal injury I think it can take longer. Do not go with any no win no fee people as you really shouldnt need it (think from what you have said it sounds like you have fully comp so use the insurance company solicitor).

I can quite see why riding a bike makes you nervous. OK it may not be the cheapest way, but how about booking in for a "cbt" just to get back on a bike immediatly. Hopefully will calm you nerves (and a CG125 has a smooth line from the seat to the tank, so no pain there for you) and gives you a chance to practice off road.

All the best

Keith

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 19:29 - 28 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh get back on a bike quickly, or you'll be too scared next summer.

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 28 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah if you give up now you'll never get back on a bike.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

BabyVamp
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:20 - 28 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ne 1 got ne good ideas on a ped to get for a girl who is gonna take a test so i can drive one im only 16 so bare that in mind.

BabyVamp Twisted Evil

Doddmaster
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:19 - 28 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone selling an Italjet Dragster. Its the best 50cc around, looks wikkid. It's race-rep colours as well....

https://www.neildodd.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Dscf0017_small.jpg

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:26 - 28 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

You are slowing down Dodds, that took you at least 59 minutes to respond Wink

All the best

Keith

G1_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:51 - 29 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save up those pennies for a 125 Twisted Evil
Or what about a 50cc bike like a TS50 or XR50

Although I've had my ped for a year and a half and still enjoying it (only just recently realised it's wheelying potenetial)...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:07 - 29 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
blimey thats forked jim, shame to see an NSR like that Sad

Anyway get back on a bike real soon Very Happy, id ppreffer u on a bike than in a car, ud do less damage to others Razz

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 12:45 - 29 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/mikehenry2k2/vwp2?.tok=bcl9099A1WogcaLz&.dir=/James%27s+Bike&.dnm=PB270919.jpg&.src=ph

Is that pic showing where your bollocks hit the tank? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:44 - 29 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUCH MATE! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

tanner18
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:34 - 29 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

nasty! at least them lines on the pics b4 hid the extent of the damage.....

retrofly
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:10 - 29 Nov 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked , fuck me thats gotta hurt
/me cringes and checks nadshttps://smilies.networkessence.net/s/cwm/cwm/eek7.gif

Luke

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 12:47 - 01 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, you can see now why i was in sooo much pain!!, as to keith my step dad does work for sureclaim and they are doing it without taking the usual 20% out of my case as my step dad know them. i think theyll be ok. i think theyre not one of these no win no fee ones, but a better one with good solicitors

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:42 - 04 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Just to let you know, you can easily wreck yourself in a car:-

https://www.alfa-pages.co.uk/pictures/alfasud.jpg

That is what is left of Charlottes car after she crashed it. Took over 7 years to sort out her leg (and do not let the doctors fob you off if a broken bone shows no great sign of healing)

All the best

Keith

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 23:54 - 04 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like an elephant sat on the car. the roof is where the people go.

your quite bitter about the whole leg fiasco aren't you keith.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:59 - 04 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yep, not so much bitter as learnt that Doctors are better trained at sounding like they know what they are talking about than they are trained to actually fix you. That the Doctors appointments for her leg went "How many months since you broke your leg?" "Two and a half years" "Oh, come back in 6 months". This went on until she paid for a private consultation at Oswestry (Royal Orthopeadic Hospital).

Being fair the roof was peeled off by the fire brigade. The impact was a lamp post on the side of the car at the front of the door. You can see the back of the dashboard where it has buckled up. The impact managed to crack the gearbox casing (which is some going on a car with an inline engine / gearbox)

All the best

Keith

Keen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:53 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

how fast was she going and what happened exactly?

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 01:49 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know exactly what you mean about the doctors keith, my dad had an bad accident when he was a kid, got a big truck drove over his leg after knocking him off his push bike, he was in hospital for most of his teens being messed about by docs

it was ok for years, but 3 years ago in cyprus he cut his foot open, and because of his accident he had no circulation in his leg, no doctor seemed to have any clue what to do with him just made up like they knew what to do and said "try and stay off it, work with crutches, see you in 6 months" this went on till about 2 months ago, when he tried the orthopeadic hospital down here (6th hospital he had been transferred to), and they finally made some progress at gettin it better, because they understood what was goin on, but only recently did he kick up a fuss when it wasnt goin anywhere

at every hospital he went to, he was dealing with consultants (!?) that should mean the top of their game, however they were very arrogant, and doctors cant admit that they are wrong, and ultimately they dont give a fuck about you

my dad has lost the last 3 years of his life not being able to walk, so advice to anyone dealing with the aftermath of a bad accident, if you dont kick up a storm nothing gets done

</rant>

sorry about that, but i really despise this country's medical system for what they do and have done to my dad
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Keith

PostPosted: 14:33 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Pre accident she was doing about 45, impact speed we dont know.

Being honest the consultant as Oswestry was very honest. Basically he would say that "we can try such and such, and it might work, if not then we can try this instead". Took a few attempts, but he did fix it rather than just bodge it up.

Basically the original hospital had not pinned the leg correctly. They tried repinning it. What they have finally done is taken the pin out and told her to walk on the upsupported broken leg for a few months (3 months in the end), allowing it to move. This aggravated the break which triggered it into trying to heal again. Then they repinned it properly.

To add to the fun, at one point in the treatment of her leg a hospital went to take a pin out and found they didnt have the right tools (what was it, metric tools and a BSF pin Confused )

All the best

Keith
You must be logged in to rate posts

tanner18
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:27 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloody hell 'lucky to be alive' springs to mind that crash must have been really nasty

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 21:45 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you manage to sue them for that?? id imagine ££££. that car looks mashed she is lucky to be alive in my opinion Shocked like he said looks like an elephant sat on it.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:40 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Probably is lucky to be alive, but also unlucky to have the accident. She went off the outside of a bend in the wet (lost control about 200 yards before she crashed she thinks) into a lamp post. No lamp posts and she would have just landed in a field (and whose stupid idea it was to put the lamp posts round the outside of a corner rather than the inside I do not know), or been a few feet either way and she would have missed the post

She was the only one involved. Nobody to sue, and sueing the NHS for screwing up is virtually impossible

All the best

Keith
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 150 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2