Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

might(lol) be a dumb ass idea

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Evilbob
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:01 - 03 Dec 2002    Post subject: might(lol) be a dumb ass idea Reply with quote

Been looking around to find some REAL Motorcross bike to replace my dt like a CR250 and have found a CR500 for under 2k, loads work, fully road legal and well probly a tad over 33bhp Smile

Long story short i can get any wacky shape washers i want made and well could i have this damb rude supermoto??????

i know it would be alot of effort.

i know the insurance quote on a yz250 wasnt that bad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:07 - 03 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's various supermoto'd cr500 on sale at fairly reasonable prices usually.. *but* are you willing to carry out regular rebuilds? (every 1000 miles-ish I believe)
I have been looking at that sort of thing as a second bike and the best bet seems to be the CRM250 (not CR250) this is made as a road legal version, only needs a rebuild every 13,000 miles-ish but still has pretty much the same power as the CR250 and is allmost as light.

Have you ridden a 'proper' 250/500 MX bike.. the power is quite ridiculous compared to a dt... it's not turn the throttle to go in first (with offroad gearing anyway)... but select the height of the front wheel in the air.... can be a bit much if you're not used to that sort of thing.

Evilbob
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:18 - 03 Dec 2002    Post subject: great fun Reply with quote

I relise it will be a tad nor scary than my dt Smile but wyn is stupid pwer as well nothing untill 8000 and then a told on tight and change gear as fast as possible!!!

been ona 125yz and a rm250 (bit nackerd) but the thing is on road can use alot more power. Off road u can go far to fast far to quickly even with myn!!!

its either this or i get some monster 4 stroke crosser ie cr450 and thats going to hurt the wallet alot more Sad

seen yz250 as low as 1k resonable but again they will not do the 27k thats on my dt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Evilbob
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:23 - 03 Dec 2002    Post subject: missing something Reply with quote

Dude at motorcross shop seem to have the same sorta bad idea response, and piss him self when he saw my dt Smile twat had a husky610 supermoto hummmmmmmm

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:32 - 03 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT's not the power I'd be worried about... providing you use it sensibly to start with, it's the time and money in regular rebuilds that would get annoying.

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 19:03 - 03 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't bother going straight to the cr500 mate, they're supposed to be absolutely vicious b*stards of bikes.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:07 - 03 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparntly, with some serious tuning you can get 105hp out of them... pretty impressive from a 500cc single.

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 19:12 - 03 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't fancy riding one of them offroad! Pretty impressive power to weight ratio - 105bhp with a 101kg dry weight.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 152 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1