Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

North Circular Gatsos

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 21:34 - 04 Dec 2002    Post subject: North Circular Gatsos Reply with quote

Any idea how many of them are active? I got caught on one last night at about midnight near Brent Cross. What are the chances of it having film in it?
Also what is the price of a speeding fine/early payment etc, can you get points from them? I am worried that I might get a fine sent to my London flat while I am in Scotland over Xmas and New Year and then have to pay the full whack. Confused

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:59 - 04 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the film will have been used up earlier, if there was any in it.

You will definatley get points if you're caught, AFAIK.
What speed do you think you were doing and what was the limit.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:05 - 04 Dec 2002    Post subject: Re: North Circular Gatsos Reply with quote

Major_Grooves wrote:
I am worried that I might get a fine sent to my London flat while I am in Scotland over Xmas and New Year and then have to pay the full whack. Confused

Can you get anyone to check your post for you? Royal mail also do re-directions if your v. bothered...

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 22:05 - 04 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugger! Evil or Very Mad I thought it would just be a fine.

I'm not sure what limit it was, probably one of the 40 sections, and I was probably doing late 40's early 50's (I hear you gasp at the speed of the mighty Planet) - not sure as speedo is bust. Rolling Eyes

Oh well hopefully it was out of film by that time.

Do points affect your insurance much?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:14 - 04 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparantly not *too* much effect on insurance for 3 points got for speeding.

Should only be 3 points, but you might be able to blag a bigger fine and no points if you go the court appearance.

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 01:27 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

unlucky mate, i was on the north circular last night, nearly gave myself a heart attack after seeing one camera, was doin 70 in a 40 section but thankfully on closer inspection it was one of the burnt out shells Embarassed

you joined the stockley usergroup mate?
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 10:29 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm in the Boxhill group and the Stockley group. I'll try and make a point of coming down to see you guys some time soon, but the weather is a bit minging at the mo'. Razz

raps
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:24 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: flashed Reply with quote

Ive been flashed a couple of times in my car on the North Circular, nothing came of it yet!!!

Also, what is the Boxhill group and the Stockley group? How do I join this?

Thx Raps
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ropehead
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 01:06 - 06 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 in 3 flashes resulte in a conviction Confused so not 2 bad,
if they dont get back 2 you with in 2 weeks u'v got away with it Cool

i got done doing 53 in a 40 zone and i cost me £40 and 3 points BUT im sorry 2 say the fine has gone up £60 sine then Razz

Hope u got away with it Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:54 - 06 Dec 2002    Post subject: 1 Reply with quote

what do they do? just send u a picture? has ne 1 got a picture they can post to show what they look like, they ant got them here (thank god) just intrested

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 13:58 - 06 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they send you a picture - just a fine! Mad

then there is the old anecdote of the man who gets sent the speeding camera photo and a fine of #60, so he sends the police a photo of a cheque for #60, and then the police send him a photo of a pair of handcuffs, after which he pays up quick-smart. Razz

Keith

PostPosted: 14:28 - 06 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

They send you a note asking who was driving / riding, and no photograph. This is treated as a notice of intention to prosecute, and must be sent so that it would normally be expected to arrive within 14 days (so if they post it 1st class post after 13 days then it should normally arrive in the 14th day and thus be OK, even if the post office loose it and it arrives 6 months later).

The photograph can only be obtained if you intend to go to court (otherwise they have to deal with the photographs which takes up too much of their profit margin)

I hear that they are still very wary of setting a legal precedent with prosuting people who reply along the lines that they are not required by law to incriminate themselves

Dont how many cameras have cameras inside them. Used to be about 1 in 8. The cameras cost about £30k with £8k a year running costs (plus rebuilding them after they are barbequed)

All the best

Keith
You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:39 - 06 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could allways try challenging them to a duel Very Happy ... like that bloke did over a SORN.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:43 - 06 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
You could allways try challenging them to a duel Very Happy ... like that bloke did over a SORN.

That was so funny. I wonder what became of the case? I reckon they will have just dropped the case.

You can only do that if you ask/ get your case to go to court, and then you can ask for trial by fight or something like that Smile

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:49 - 06 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing just remember that it's a fight to the death.....

quite worth remembering if the judge says "Okay then" Very Happy

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 15:17 - 06 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea.. but I think you get to choose the weapon Very Happy

'I choose..... a fight to the death with.... a blade of grass' Very Happy .. could take a while Smile

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 15:21 - 06 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith wrote:

I hear that they are still very wary of setting a legal precedent with prosuting people who reply along the lines that they are not required by law to incriminate themselves

I think you can only try to a smartarse when you've got the cash to back yourself up when it all goes wrong. As I don't, if it arrives I'm afraid it will be a quick cheque in the post from me! Mad

As I'm on Ls is it only 6 points needed to get banned?

Last edited by Major_Grooves on 12:25 - 07 Dec 2002; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 19:02 - 06 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup

and its 6 points for two years after you pass Sad
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 149 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1