BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Winblows 2k

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 00:12 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: Winblows 2k Reply with quote

Ii dont suppose any of you kind peeps would be able to get me a copy of Winblows 2k server would you??

Im hoping to do the MCSE so t would be useful to have the proggy. I have the pro edition already but i need serve for the active directory shite.

Oh, and can you write a DOS batch file to run through the fdisk/format malarky for deleting partition and creating a new un??

Oh, and BROADBAND RULEZ!!!

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 01:08 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to write a script for carrying out the FDisk routines? Confused

As for Win2k Server, I may have a copy lying around somewhere...dunno where I left the license though Rolling Eyes Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

kevo
Cop Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 01:24 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

The format routine is only possible through creating an unattended set-up.

It will format the whole drive C:\ ntfs regardless of the size and use the full disk.

Otherwise you have to disk it manually. Unless of course you use another util like partition magic. But I don't like programs that screw with partition formats. BANG! Smile

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 10:45 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as this is a computer thread can I ask a question - can anyone hack into my old Yahoo mail account as I lost the password a few weeks ago and can't get it back?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:51 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powerquest Drive image let's you script that sorta stuff (in DOS).. and I feel a lot more confident having Partition magic mess with my partitions than having to copy the contents of a HD then blat it etc.

raps
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:17 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: i agree Reply with quote

Yeh I agree with G. I partitoned my hard drive using DOS (fDisk) and it was ok. Nothing too hard but can be a bit scarey the first time you do it.

I managed to get a copy of Patition Magic and making the partition was sweet. No probs and it done it all for me.

Use partition magic if you can. You could even download a copy of that if you want

Raps
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kevo
Cop Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 14:12 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

So long as you use the NTFS partition format. Don't touch FAT partitions there prone to failure as the file system expands.

Regards,
Kevin.

JimboJ
Manc Pikey

PostPosted: 14:13 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have an original copy that my dad uses, if you want a **legit** copy with a **licence** then say so and illpost it to ya
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> which one's the missionary position
[00:42] <NSR-Andy> i've heard it's good
[9:42pm] <Shaun> you came first mike | <Shaun> yes gav, because I really want to fuck you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 14:39 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimboJ wrote:
i have an original copy that my dad uses, if you want a **legit** copy with a **licence** then say so and illpost it to ya

LOL! Laughing ...so he would be using a pirate copy of the original, rather than a copy of a pirate? Razz...does that make it legal? Very Happy...unless your dad has got a spare license (i.e. from a multi-user license), or is prepared to uninstall his copy, then it's illegal anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:57 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the licence actual is worth about £400-£500

Scooby
Scrappy Doo

PostPosted: 17:11 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody's gonna know if Colin is using a pirated version anyway. Microsoft can find out, but they can only really make big companies pay up for the extra licences if they find out they've got it installed on more machines than they're making out. They could never to that for every single home user because it's classed as invasion of privacy, it's okay for them to access your pc, but getting the information out is not allowed Smile

I know this because my uncle nearly got stumped with a £4000 fine Shocked So he seeked help from a solicitor and he got away scot free because it was Microsoft who were at fault (he did have 16 machines on his LAN at the time all running pirated versions Laughing) Oh well, what can you do Smile

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 20:40 - 05 Dec 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for trhe offers peeps but Ive been sorted - someone beat ya to it !

As for the fdisk thingy its cuz I know someone whos on 98 and wants to start again but aint very good with computers. I cant get to them so this seemed like the easiest way for them to do it.
Fdisk/format recognise ntfs partitions as they are dos/fat programs.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 150 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1