Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Salisbury Plains

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

rogerp075
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:51 - 21 Jan 2008    Post subject: Salisbury Plains Reply with quote

Hi
I Live very close to salisbury plains have been riding over there for 20 years so know where to and not to ride i usually take anywhere between 3 and 7 riders over for about 5-6 hours stopping for grub would like to take a big crowd over

i ride every weekend rain or shine
if any one interested this coming weekend give me a post

lets get a big group together
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

garyd
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:44 - 21 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure you mean well in your posting ,and i applaud you for actually showing folk where to ride LEGALLY ,but,the logistics of a BIG group is tantamount to failure,too many riders on: poorly maintained bikes/"group mentality"/maybe all not legal/looks poor and intimidating to others/if you are TRF do you invite those that arent?/too many want to finish at different times/more chance of breakdowns & offs/do you ask them NOT to ride with a loud exhaust,?just a few things to consider Neutral

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:12 - 22 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had around that number a couple of weeks ago and while there was a bit more waiting around, it went ok. None of the riders were quite as political as a lot of TRF types seem to be though - just out to enjoy it.

If you'd asked this for last weekend I'd have jumped at the chance as I had just got my CCM running much better now and was hoping to get out to have a play. Was actually considering wandering down there on Sunday, but ended up getting muddy on two wheels without an engine locally.

Got an operation on my leg on Thursday and it if it means it actually starts to heal, won't be able to get out for another few months at least now, unfortunately :'(.

michael j
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 22 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, will you be available later on in the year? Or was that your only free date? Would love to come and ride on Salisbury Plain at some point.
Cheers

rogerp075
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:36 - 22 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

michael j wrote:
Hi, will you be available later on in the year? Or was that your only free date? Would love to come and ride on Salisbury Plain at some point.
Cheers

hi michael

i go up every weekend as its on my doorstep
just give me a pm
when your ready
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

michael j
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:58 - 22 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer. Hopefully be up in the not too distant future.
Thumbs Up

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:56 - 22 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing that Ste's moving down that way, I'm sure I'll be out to play at some point when me leg's a bit better Smile.

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 19:59 - 22 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for some of this Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 69 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1