Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Riots on our streets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:29 - 27 Feb 2008    Post subject: Riots on our streets Reply with quote

I had a phone call this morning asking me to keep a close eye on the mainstream news outlets. I was to look out for reports of the rioting in Ravensthorpe in West Yorkshire.
I haven't seen anything on the mainstream media, has anyone else?

This is the only link I can find.....https://theopinionator.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/02/has-the-war-beg.html
(well there are others but I wont link them here)

So, how long before this behaviour is commonplace?

Regards

D O G
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:08 - 28 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see anything in any local newspapers. Not a thing.

I don't trust the press, but I don't trust the site you linked to either.

What is your point?

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:53 - 28 Feb 2008    Post subject: Re: Riots on our streets Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
So, how long before this behaviour is commonplace?

Nice unbiased[1] reporting there.

[1]For foam-splattering, vein-throbbing, red-faced, hysterical screaming values of "unbiased". Typical NF/BNP nasty racist fodder for the meatheads.

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:07 - 28 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damofo D.O.G. wrote:

What is your point?

Well as you're in Southampton, and this occurence happened in West Yorkshire, It's not surprising you haven't seen it in your local paper. Rolling Eyes
I don't trust the press either. I'm not familiar with the website so I can't pass comment on it.
You asked "What is your point?" Well my point is this...do you think Britain's future will be a peaceful one, or are we likely to see escalating violence on our streets?

andrew
Mister Road Rage

PostPosted: 11:54 - 28 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the stuff on that website reads like bullshit.

I don't trust the bbc but i trust that site even less.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 28 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

First it's asians and hungarians, then theyre on about iraqis and kurds being the scrappers?!?! That article makes little sense.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 12:03 - 28 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/Eastern-Europeans-targeted-by-angry.3648445.jp

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 12:05 - 28 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what they are rioting about.

I would be far inclined to get out on the street and stick up for my rights far more than fighting against an influx of immigrants.

Interstingly enough there was an article in the Times two Saturdays back explaining that more Polish are leaving the UK than entering.

I'd only ever get actively involved in a protest against another race if they started to implement their own ideological political theory within the UK, i.e Sharia Law.

This seems like a non-starter.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:55 - 28 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:

Ditto. That website seems to be even more biased than the beeb.

Most people in this country are little more than performing animals, only jumping when being told to jump by the ringmaster.

Well, once the EU get's a full strangle hold of our throats they will soon be realising how bad things can get.

Thumbs Down

MattHirst
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:14 - 28 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i live in Thornhill Lees, about 1.5 miles from gravey (the name given to ravey/ravensthorpe around here Laughing )

It generally is the Iraqis and Kurds rioting, last time it was over the kurds touching up a hungarian woman or something Confused Shocked

I once rode through while they were all shouting at balling at each other, just let them be. One less job for us to do Razz

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 13:18 - 28 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now all they need is a Frenchman to blow up a car and there will be a full scale riot. Razz
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

cestrian
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 28 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattHirst wrote:
Well i live in Thornhill Lees, about 1.5 miles from gravey (the name given to ravey/ravensthorpe around here Laughing )

It generally is the Iraqis and Kurds rioting, last time it was over the kurds touching up a hungarian woman or something Confused Shocked

I once rode through while they were all shouting at balling at each other, just let them be. One less job for us to do Razz

Ah right, so this shit does actually happen in Ravensthorpe. As biased as he may or may not be, the writer is probably writing about real events. I just had a chat with a friend who lives in Bradford, he reckons these incidents are quite common.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 14:39 - 28 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging from 4 years of observed behaviour in my line of work, many cultures are just as volatile and potentially violent in mobs as the stereotypical English hooligan.

It's difficult to point to any specific nationality, because it seems to be the done thing in any nation beyond Europe's borders - although the flashpoints are often slightly different.

I'd suspect that much of it is to do with a siege mentality, as many immigrants (rightly or wrongly) probably feel a little like my valued guests - a little hemmed in and vulnerable - which makes them more likely to stick together and get all rarred up over relatively minor things.

Doesn't make it right, of course; the only positive thing I can see about it is that things tend to calm down as quickly as they flare up.

Shay HTFC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:13 - 28 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:

I guess that Yorkshire Post website is bullshit too?

There are tensions - BOTTOM LINE.

This doesn't even involve British people, so its hardly British knuckle draggers who are the problem here either, Bazza.

Multi-culturalism is tougher in working class neighbourhoods where jobs actually are being taken by cheaper immigrants, or at least being noticeably challenged.

ooo, I can think of a sort of similarity. A lot of middle-class people are complaining because all their houses and private school places are being bought by richer immigrants. What they used to expect to get pretty much guaranteed, is now being taken away.

Is there a difference between that, and jobs being taken away?
The middle class families losing out will just have to accept the higher prices, just like the working class will have to accept lower wages. But which one of those examples might actually cause the most tension? Getting a lower wage than an already low wage, or having to pay a bit more for public school?

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 28 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shay HTFC wrote:
This doesn't even involve British people, so its hardly British knuckle draggers who are the problem here either, Bazza.

Right you are.

An Official NF/BNP Spokesman wrote:
It's time to beat the fuck out of the muzzies!

If this goes some way towards getting all the fucking muzzies out of the UK the hurrah for the Hungarians!

Another one wrote:
I cannot WAIT until the day that this shit spills into the streets, and on a grand scale, so I can finally smash some pathetic muslim skulls open

This would be the NF/BNP sitting on the fence over the issue then?

Shay HTFC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 28 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand what some BNP members' opinions on this matter have to do with anything?

They are not responsible, no matter what their opinions on the situation are.

The bottom line is that its either the Hungarians or Pakistanis who are at fault. The BNP can say whatever crap they want.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 28 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shay HTFC wrote:

I guess that Yorkshire Post website is bullshit too?

There are tensions - BOTTOM LINE.

The point is that the website is hardly unbiased in it's reporting...

"warfare against muslims trying to enforce their suffocating and vengeful Sharia Law in Great Britain.

Apparently these Hungarian men decided they were not going to cowtow to muslims nor be punished for an action that in western countries is an everyday normal behavior - talking to a young woman"

Now I'll bet that the writer of that piece is merely a mouthpiece of a much nastier network. In fact, I'd bet their one sided reporting is innacurate. Surely you can see that the piece is provocative? Question

Tensions over jobs. Yes, no doubt. Although where should the anger be directed; at the immigrant who was allowed to stay and work under a visa, or the government that encourages immigrants (both legal and illegal)?

The tensions may be there but they are definately not helped by purile reporting that ignores the larger picture. Thumbs Up

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:19 - 28 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shay HTFC wrote:
I don't understand what some BNP members' opinions on this matter have to do with anything?

I'll spell it out for you then.

P - R - O - P - A - G - A - N - D - A

Rolling Eyes

D O G
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:05 - 29 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

cestrian wrote:
Damofo D.O.G. wrote:

What is your point?

Well as you're in Southampton, and this occurence happened in West Yorkshire, It's not surprising you haven't seen it in your local paper. Rolling Eyes

I'm not stupid Gordon.

There is this thing called the internet, you can look at other local newspapers, specific to the area of interest, wherever in the world you are sitting.

Clearly I didn't expect to see it on page five of the Southampton Echo, that's why I did not bother to look there.

Shay HTFC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:51 - 29 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazza wrote:
I'll spell it out for you then.

P - R - O - P - A - G - A - N - D - A

Rolling Eyes

The Yorkshire Post article was not propaganda. It was just a normal article. So I assume that you meant that the BNP will use it as propaganda.

You could say that about anything. A report about racial tension is propaganda for the BNP. A report about rising taxes is propaganda for the Tories. A report about gun kills is propaganda for anti-gun groups.

I stand by my original statement that who cares what the BNP say? They will say anything about any nugget of information they get.
This incident happened, so yes, they will construe it in their far right, racist ways.

Your first comment -
Quote:
Nice unbiased[1] reporting there.

[1]For foam-splattering, vein-throbbing, red-faced, hysterical screaming values of "unbiased". Typical NF/BNP nasty racist fodder for the meatheads.

- was negated by the Yorkshire Post article which blatantly wasn't biased.

When I said that it wasn't about British knuckle draggers, it was in response to the way you made it sound as if these 'knuckle-draggers' had bent a trivial story in such a way to make it sound really bad.

So in summary, who cares what the BNP have to say on the issue. The incident happened, regardless of how some fundamentalist blogging site decides how to report it.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 06:21 - 29 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to work for a recruitment agency. Although I dealt with drivers, the other side of the office dealt with temporary industrial staff.

There was real tension between african temps and eastern european temps. This was mostly due to the fact that eastern europeans were taking the africans jobs because they were better workers.

Employers have noticed how good the average eastern european is compared to the average local or other varieties of immigrant.

So often employers will specify that they want 10 eastern europeans.

I didnt hear of riots but i did hear of a few occasions where rival groups had fights involving about 5 or more people on each side.

Also other times where threats and intimidation from africans would get eastern europeans to leave a place and not go back.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 09:05 - 29 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember going to Bradford to look at a car....It was like being in Asia in the UK. British society/law had completely broken down in those areas and it appeared no different to me than when I am in Asian.

There is no such thing as multiculturalism in the UK. There are British people and then there are 'them'. 'Them' being the various economic immigrants who come here to work (or rob the system) and choose to keep themselves exclusively within their own communities.

It is this failure of integration that causes tensions. Personally I can see why Asians fail to integrate properly, UK culture largely involves drinking which is something muslims and other Asian races do not often bother with.

You see real multiculturalism in Asia, where muslims live with Budhas, Chinese integrate with Indians etc. Indians celebrate Chinese festivals, Chinese celebrate Muslim festivities and people generally share their cultures with each other. This level of cross integration would be impossible to achieve in the UK IMO.

The website posted by cestrian certainly, IMO, shows how western media has managed to truly villianise Muslims and create a hatred that is pyschopathic.

Most muslims I meet out in Asia are moderate and easy going. Their food is good. Most Muslims who are Arabs and come from the middle east, I tend to hear more extreme stories about their attitudes and lifestyles.

An interesting note is that Labour has a large percentage of voters who are Muslim, meaning its in their interests to pander to Muslims.

The real solution IMO is to exert much stronger immigration controls , preventing an ever increasing influx of unwanted immigrants. Refuse benefits to immigrants. Until they pay tax they should get nothing. Basically we need to make the country seem as unattractive a destination as possible unless you can bring something positive to the nation.

As for the current tensions, I would start a zero tolerance policing in all ethnic areas and make it very apparent you abide by British law or fuck off. Any immigrant caught breaking the law would be deported (unless they could prove that this punishment would be detrimental to the country) and anyone caught who was an illegal would be fast tracked out to their country of origin.

I would probably advocate a two tier legal system, one for UK citizens (the current one) and a much stricter one for immigrants, simply to reduce the numbers. I know that sounds nasty, but people coming from rough countries, where death and crime are rife are hardly likely to have the same respect for our laxer laws and this mentality needs to be curbed.

The problem in the UK is that we try to keep everyone happy and thus succeed in making no one happy.

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:06 - 29 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shay HTFC wrote:
When I said that it wasn't about British knuckle draggers, it was in response to the way you made it sound as if these 'knuckle-draggers' had bent a trivial story in such a way to make it sound really bad.

So in summary, who cares what the BNP have to say on the issue. The incident happened, regardless of how some fundamentalist blogging site decides how to report it.

I don't doubt the incident took place, but when you see who posted here first about it and understand his back history of wanting a fourth reich in In-ger-lund's green and unpleasant land you don't have to wonder about his motives for posting it.

But it's all "Filthy foreigners rioting in OUR streets!" As if rioting between rival groups was the exclusive preserve of the NF/BNP...

As much as Fester like to style himself an "intellectual", he's really just one of the NF/BNP meatheads who hasn't been hit on the head as much as the rest. Which, on reflection, probably does make him a special person amongst them.

thegubner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:33 - 29 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:

There was real tension between african temps and eastern european temps. This was mostly due to the fact that eastern europeans were taking the africans jobs because they were better workers.

The Eastern Europeans were not taking African jobs Colin, they were all taking British jobs. Which should be offered to British unemployed well before offering it to Immigrants, and ALL the unemployed legal immigrants should be doing community service like cleaning and sweeping and gardening parks in local areas to pay for the benefits they keep taking.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 17:46 - 29 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_guvnor_1_uk wrote:
ALL the unemployed legal immigrants should be doing community service like cleaning and sweeping and gardening parks in local areas to pay for the benefits they keep taking.

I would say exactly the same for long term benefit seekers, the Jeremy Kylson watching, white sock brigade who find the concept of an honest days work repulsive.

Its by making the dole such an attractive package that has led to employers wanting foreign staff, since they appreciate the money they get paid. This is a problem created by the government and then enforced by the average dole mole being a lazy cunt. If I was an employer I would rather take on a hard working person than a lazy cunt, simply because he was British.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 64 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2