BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Honda CRM250.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 22:37 - 27 Feb 2008    Post subject: Honda CRM250. Reply with quote

In my quest for a supermoto/all round fun bike I am considering the CRM250 (mk2 or mk3). Has anyone owned one or know what they are like to own?

I am interested to know what the major service intervals are (piston and rings). I have found out what the shorter ones are. As mentioned I'd be converting to SM trim but probably use it occasionally off-road so it would probably see around 500 miles use a month on average I'd imagine, is this doable on this bike?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:07 - 28 Feb 2008    Post subject: Re: Honda CRM250. Reply with quote

500 miles should be easy - think it's 5 or 10k miles for serious services.

Not sure how great they'd feel doing distance on, though, as they are definitely towards the (off road) sportier end of road trail bikes.

Incidentally, have started writing a reply to your last PM, but been a tad busy recently.

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 20:17 - 28 Feb 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Incidentally, have started writing a reply to your last PM, but been a tad busy recently.

No rush mate. Have been reading up on CRM250.com and it seems they could well be quite happy for this sort of use. The suspension is meant to be a bit too soft for proper enduro stuff but just about copes with gree laning from what I have read. 140kg wet weight and relatively low seat height too.

Husqvarna is still looking appealing, as is possibly going towards a Duke2 for a pure road bike SM.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 60 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1